Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Executive Order
    Burnt into the collective vocabulary in the short span of a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This rumor is circulating, but I still have not seen any confirmation of it. Allowing government officials to discriminate against others based on religious beliefs would almost certainly be unconstitutional, and is clearly allowing for government-protected bigotry and discrimination.
    It is supposedly a leak from a rogue white house staffer. The Washington Post picked up this as well. I read in one of the rogue twitter accounts that we might hear about this as soon as the end of the week. So, let's just wait and see. But as you have seen in merely a week, Trump has targeted women, muslims, and mexicans in executive orders.

Trump didn't acknowledge or mention the jewish during the holocaust remembrance day.

Trump attacked black activist Senator Lewis (during the Martin L. King day) & threatened the Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel (a jewish-american / democrat) and the Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson (black-american) with sending in the Feds (source). All of these targets are non-white.

So I don't doubt for a second that next on his sniper scope is the LGBT.

A draft of a potential executive order that began circulating in Washington over the weekend that would overturn then President Obama’s directive barring discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in the federal workforce and by federal contractors.

The draft order included multiple provisions, including possible exemptions that would adoption agencies and groups receiving federal funds to deny services to LGBT Americans based on their beliefs. The White House statement did not address those possible changes.

Chad Griffin, president of the Human Rights Campaign, said in a statement Tuesday he and other activists remained concerned that the new administration could still undermine other legal protections based on sexual orientation or gender identify.

“Claiming ally status for not overturning the progress of your predecessor is a rather low bar. LGBTQ refugees, immigrants, Muslims and women are scared today, and with good reason. Donald Trump has done nothing but undermine equality since he set foot in the White House,” Griffin said. “Donald Trump has left the key question unanswered — will he commit to opposing any executive actions that allow government employees, taxpayer-funded organizations or even companies to discriminate?”

The New York Times first reported the decision by the White House to stick with the Obama-era protections.

That top officials have been debating whether to wade into the issue of gay and transgender rights highlights the tension the new administration faces when it comes to social issues. Trump campaigned on an economic message, but he is under pressure from the social conservatives who propelled him into office to implement their top priorities.

source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...05d_story.html
    Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2017-01-31 at 01:37 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    I don't believe this ru,or for the simple fact that he said during his campaign run he would not challenge the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage and he would let transgender use any bathroom they wouldn't. I think the LGBT may be the only minority group he didn't go after. So I'll toss this up as a rumor until I see the EO
    People should not get upset over a rumor. He can not change what the Supreme Court has already ruled on as being Unconstitutional. However, some provisions may be invoked/created which can protect a person's religious views. But not at the expense of discriminating. So I agree with you, as of now, this is only a rumor started by someone who dislikes Trump. He has made it clear he is the most pro gay Republican President ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    FYI, I am heterosexual, but I have had LGBT friends in the past, and I support their rights.

Recently, the ban on 7 muslim countries that had nothing to do with the 9/11 has met opposition with huge protests. It is an excuse. The true motive is Bannon's anti-semitic ideology put into reality as the voice behind Trump's ear.
    Take a look at the bolded parts and try making a link. That beind said wasn't a Muslim immigration ban part of Trumps promises for quite a long time? If you feel like it you can try blaming someone else but it doesn't do much. If you don't like it go after the person enforcing it.

As for the order it'll most likely be the thing that trump mentioned a while ago in an interview which touched on LGBT - basically move the decisions on gay marriage and the likes back to the state level rather than at the US level.

The Pence thing makes sense. If your religion says that gays are icky or that pork meat is icky i see no reason why a business should be forced to work with gays/pork. If you're looking at public institutions then that's a issue but as long as it only touches on private businesses it won't cause many problems. It would primarily be used by small businesses i.e. husband & wife shops etc. as big businesses like profit so they won't try to alienate part of their potential buyers. Also of note is that it allows businesses not employees to cite religion as a reason which is a good thing overall.

Cmon guys, it's all about jobs jobs jobs.

Right?

https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

RoguePOTUS leaks say the Trump repudiated the VP and reversed course.

I wonder where President Bannon fell? Probably was all for it. The Alt-Reich and their weird masculinity thing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Biggest thing on the horizon that gays might have to worry about is Trump's nominee for Supreme Court Justice, say he picks some right wing guy.

What can Trump do concerning gays with an executive order? Not much. Maybe the military? I'm not sure if that was done with an executive order only, Congress probably has written that into law.
    The Supreme Court very rarely looks at a case they have already ruled on unless there are significant (unknown before) issues to consider.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for my ignorance but who is roguepotus and what's creíble about them. Seems like some troll twitter account at first glance.

Sorry for my ignorance but who is roguepotus and what's creíble about them. Seems like some troll twitter account at first glance.
    RoguePotus is a group of mid-level White House staffers with very close access to Trump's office who has been leaking the past few days the inner workings of the Administration.

They're widely regarded by watchers as reliable, chiefly because they spent the last few days telegraphing what was going to happen before it did.

It's the Twitter to watch though. Today's going to be interesting because the New York Times laid a trap for Trump. Their "President Bannon" editorial. Make no mistake, with context provided by RoguePOTUS, it is meant to enrage Trump, towards Bannon, when Trump reads it this morning. "#PresidentBannon" is becoming a thing, and a key part of stopping Trump will be creating a wedge between the two.

And what better way than to tell the tale of Trump, the idiot manchild doing the Evil Genius' bidding. I bet that's going to go over REAL will with Trump.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-01-31 at 01:39 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Roguepotus is a twitter account that claims to be leaking information from the president's office.

At this point in time, there is little confirmed to be credible about it. That may change in the future as more of the things they're claiming do or don't come true, or there's more information to suggest who exactly is posting it, but for now I'd take it with a very hefty grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Veiled allusions to overthrowing the government and assassinating the president will do nothing more than hasten the loss of the entire bill of rights.
    You need to pay attention, the bill of rights was thrown out last Friday by... I think his name is Donald J Trump.

If the NSC keeps on its path - the constitution won't exist at all within a year.

- - - Updated - - -

A good way to try and find one's way through the maze of misinformation etc, is to focus fire on specific claims and then hunt down as many sources as you can on it. I mean original sources, until you find your way back to verified actual presidential staff.

Now - either intentionally or due to ineptitude - this is so easy to do with the current administration.

The twitter guy you are referring to has no backup source, it could be just a random twitter account posting crap or it could be the administration doing it on purpose. Just don't know.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

2015 Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Last week, Pence put his signature on the RFRA -- a law that allows Indiana businesses to cite their religious freedom as a legal defense.
    The law states that the government can't "substantially burden a person's exercise of religion" and that individuals who feel like their religious beliefs have been or could be "substantially burdened" can lean on this law to fend off lawsuits.
    I'm actually kind of amazed how controversial this is. It wasn't long ago at all that the mainstream Democrat politician position was to be formally against gay marriage. This was more or less immediately followed (maybe circa 2012) with the acceptable mainstream Democrat position being that of course gay marriage has always been a constitutionally protected right that we just never noticed, but that of course no private citizen would be legally compelled to violate their religious beliefs around the matter. Within three years from at, we arrived at a point where saying that the proverbial baker should not be compelled on threat of government force to bake a cake for the proverbial gay wedding was obviously a radical, extremist, hateful position.

Things move fast.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You need to pay attention, the bill of rights was thrown out last Friday by... I think his name is Donald J Trump.

If the NSC keeps on its path - the constitution won't exist at all within a year.
    Not to worry, within a year at this rate the new "coal plants" Trump talked of during his campaign will exist already. Named Krema 1, 2 and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

It's got to be more than this:

"An alleged WH staff member, with a rogue Twitter account"

To be believable to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Well good news here atleast for now until the nuts in Christian wing of the party freak out

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/31/obama...der-trump.html
    I guess cnbc is untrustworthy. Or this goes against this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Veiled allusions to overthrowing the government and assassinating the president will do nothing more than hasten the loss of the entire bill of rights. The lunatic left is already calling for the outright murder of anyone who oppose them, and the right would end up with the same mindset in the case that the left starts a civil war. The end result would probably be gulags and firing squads for the supporters of whichever side loses such a conflict, not a magical restoration of rights.
    The lunatic left.....what's the reason why every redneck has his own private arsenal again? Ah yes, to kill the government when they don't agree with the politics. Seems like they are one step ahead on way of violence compared to the liberals. Christ, if Bernie had won, the streets would have been red with blood already.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm actually kind of amazed how controversial this is. It wasn't long ago at all that the mainstream Democrat politician position was to be formally against gay marriage. This was more or less immediately followed (maybe circa 2012) with the acceptable mainstream Democrat position being that of course gay marriage has always been a constitutionally protected right that we just never noticed, but that of course no private citizen would be legally compelled to violate their religious beliefs around the matter. Within three years from at, we arrived at a point where saying that the proverbial baker should not be compelled on threat of government force to bake a cake for the proverbial gay wedding was obviously a radical, extremist, hateful position.

Things move fast.

Oh no, here come the LGBT concentration camps, everyone been worrying about!

I wonder what would have happened if we had posts that every shady twitter account had said about Obama... true though, back then rumours and conspiracy theories were not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Well good news here atleast for now until the nuts in Christian wing of the party freak out

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/31/obama...der-trump.html
    I sincerely don't even understand how the LGBT community, which I am a part of, could believe Trump would overturn this.

He's the only GOP nominee to have openly defended LGBT rights. Use your head, people.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..