Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Astromancer

I was thinking about a titan themed class, that would use advanced technology without depreciating engineering profession. They'd be using those SF/magical abilities that some of the bosses in Ulduar use, like orbital strikes and battle drones for ranged DPS spec, incubation or accelerated regeneration for healing spec, and temporary Curse of Flesh reverse for tanking spec.

Plus, mechanicaly wise and on the personal side, they could be heavy skill-shot oriented. That'd be nice.

No new classes please. Create 4th specs where that for the most part part diverge between the races

Deleted
    Tinker with titan stuff and caster spec with metal manipulation is ok.

Rest? Reduce each class specs to 2 (3 for druids), merging some into one for stronger theme feels. That's my wish.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Illusionists, with clones (proper ones), tricks, smoke and shit. Don't know how it would work out though and no lore behind it since such tricks can be performed by mages etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    I was thinking about a titan themed class, that would use advanced technology without depreciating engineering profession. They'd be using those SF/magical abilities that some of the bosses in Ulduar use, like orbital strikes and battle drones for ranged DPS spec, incubation or accelerated regeneration for healing spec, and temporary Curse of Flesh reverse for tanking spec.

Plus, mechanicaly wise and on the personal side, they could be heavy skill-shot oriented. That'd be nice.
    Many years ago, I wrote up a concept for a class just like this! The lore would have to be updated based on the previous two expansions, but I agree, a Titan based tech class would be way more interesting than an Engineer profession turned into a class:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cept-Titanborn

That said, I would rather have 4th specs. I need my Earth-based Shaman Tank.

Tinker class is the obvious one. Could potentially have tank (Steamwarrior, turns into mecha), DPS (explosions, missiles) and Healing (alchemy-based) specs.

Someone once suggested a mail ranged class that heavily uses magic and whose specs would cover concepts of both Shadow Hunters and Dark Rangers. Don't know how unique it would be, thought. Maybe include a Battle Priest (like Priests of the Moon) as a possible spec as weel? Maybe the 3 specs could be nature-based (naga seawitch as an example), shadow-based (Shadow Hunter; Dark Ranger) and arcane-based (priestess of the moon), but I don't think such a class would be feel unique enough to be justified.

Adding more specs for existing classes would be better, IMO. But Blizzard first needs to fix existing specs.

Bard is a old one that usually comes up just like tinker.

TBH its hard to come up with something completely new that isnt just a hybrid of a hunter or a rogue or a mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Tinker class is the obvious one. Could potentially have tank (Steamwarrior, turns into mecha), DPS (explosions, missiles) and Healing (alchemy-based) specs.

Someone once suggested a mail ranged class that heavily uses magic and whose specs would cover concepts of both Shadow Hunters and Dark Rangers. Don't know how unique it would be, thought. Maybe include a Battle Priest (like Priests of the Moon) as a possible spec as weel? Maybe the 3 specs could be nature-based (naga seawitch as an example), shadow-based (Shadow Hunter; Dark Ranger) and arcane-based (priestess of the moon), but I don't think such a class would be feel unique enough to be justified.

Adding more specs for existing classes would be better, IMO. But Blizzard first needs to fix existing specs.
    lol

Blizzards wants less specs per class, not more.

Hence DHs havin 2 specs and not 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lore would allow many classes, but some would be incredibly similar to others, or existing classes.

Wardens, tinkers, necromancers, spellbreakers off the top of my head.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    wht other classes could be added that are in lore but not playable atm
    ill go with the obvious rpg class that we missing - bard - that would buff up other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I'd like to see fourth specs before another new class.
    This.

I would say a blood mage could be a good thing like I think Dragon Age or something had where you use your health to heal others and drain hp from enemies. Would easily fit as another spec for warlocks especially since a tank spec won't ever happen since they gave meta away to please fanbois.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ill go with the obvious rpg class that we missing - bard - that would buff up other players.
    Bard is probably one of the only unique things that people are naming that isn't covered in game by something.

What ever the class is it has to wear mail gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    The lore would allow many classes, but some would be incredibly similar to others, or existing classes.

Wardens, tinkers, necromancers, spellbreakers off the top of my head.
    You missed battle mage from Scarlet Monastery

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    This.

I would say a blood mage could be a good thing like I think Dragon Age or something had where you use your health to heal others and drain hp from enemies. Would easily fit as another spec for warlocks especially since a tank spec won't ever happen since they gave meta away to please fanbois.

- - - Updated - - -

Bard is probably one of the only unique things that people are naming that isn't covered in game by something.
    PS DH's need a 3rd spec first

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    No new classes please. Create 4th specs where that for the most part part diverge between the races
    I think the race relevance being a 4th spec is interesting, but ppl will just min/max the best race for 4th spec with X class and its bad enough as is within the specs of the classes.

Besides, adding a 4th spec would mean a whole lot more work than another class. More things to balance, more talents to add, make sure the 4th spec isnt too similar to the other 3 etc.

To boot, I till think it would be hard to get a unique spec for warrior (1 handed DW wont settle that), hunter/rogue as well.

Mages, Druids(5th), Shamans, and monks have pretty easy 4th specs to find/create, dunno for lock dk and pally though since legion helped diversify the destinctions between specs.

If you're talking strictly lore, pretty much all of the classes people mention exist in some way in the gameworld (except for bards and runemasters, which I believe come from the non-canon rpg books). Plus all the variations that aren't available to players - the gun-toting warriors, the druids of the flame, the time mages, etc. If you're factoring in feasibility, though, all new classes have come from WC3 hero units, so I'd expect that trend to continue. So far, unrepresented are~

-Shadow Hunter
    -Warden
    -Dark Ranger
    -Tinker/Alchemist
    (thematically very similar, would likely combine skillsets)

There are other heroes that don't have their titles in the game, but they are either unambiguously existing classes (warriors, hunters), or represent races, rather than classes.

Anything that wears mail and is ranged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i would like to see a zealotry based dual-wield dps spec for paladins, like exarch akama in WoD.

not a whole class, yeah. but still a cool idea. righteous zealotry and fervor base seals or something.

other than that, i'm sure they could do something to make some kind of light based ranged caster.

then you have the tried and true ones, necromancer, battle-mage, witch doctor, etc.
    Something like a SC 2 Zealot? I always pick that unit in Special Forces custom games. (if you've played)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirWorksALot View Post
    I think the race relevance being a 4th spec is interesting, but ppl will just min/max the best race for 4th spec with X class and its bad enough as is within the specs of the classes.

Besides, adding a 4th spec would mean a whole lot more work than another class. More things to balance, more talents to add, make sure the 4th spec isnt too similar to the other 3 etc.

To boot, I till think it would be hard to get a unique spec for warrior (1 handed DW wont settle that), hunter/rogue as well.

Mages, Druids(5th), Shamans, and monks have pretty easy 4th specs to find/create, dunno for lock dk and pally though since legion helped diversify the destinctions between specs.
    It's a long shot, but could you imagine / consider a D3 Ranged Barbarian as a 4th Warrior spec? Constantly throwing axes, steal the Harpoon or use Ancient Spear or something?

Also for 4th Mages, we alredy have arcane fire and frost, which are all magic types. The other 3 types are shadow holy and nature. Warlock Druid and Priest pretty much have those down, with shaman taking the alternative nature route, elements. What would the 4th mage be? And don't say time! Mage mage schools are based on schools of magic, not on dragonflight powers!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    How would you solo quest though? strum a guitar and the sound waves do damage? it's just too silly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Necromancer
    Tinker

That's about it. Technically there are several others, but they are intrinsicly linked to specific races. There are also other things that are either too minor or too niche to make a whole class out of.

There are also a million other ideas that are complete crap.
    Yeah...I can see offspecs...but I don't know of many other main specs left.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

I want battle priest expanded on. I remember when Holy Pal could queue for bgs and spam denounce and holy fire and judgement, and actually Rdps. I always wanted Disc to be that, but especially now its just different. Imagine it would be called Cleric, use Mail armor, be a Rdps but at medium range, not 40yds, so still somewhat in the fray. What would a mage do if they harnassed holy magic?