Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    So what you're saying is, blizzard caters only to casuals and hardcore players shouldn't exist in the game.

That's flawed logic from your part tbh, you simply believe that because you are not one of the people who rushed through the content, if you were you wouldn't be saying such things.

People can choose to play the way they want to, and to see that hardcore players are denied in favor of casuals simply shows how casual this game has become.

On the contrary, I feel people who invest more time should be rewarded according to their effort.
    They maintain a balance between both. There's lots of content for hard core players that exists in this game. Grinding AP isn't hard core. Given enough time anyone can grind these weapons out. It doesn't take any skill to do so. I slowed down at 39 because I was bored as hell.

Your reward is you have a weapon that's more powerful than other players right now. You'll also be ahead of other players who haven't grinded out AP come 7.2 when your investment of 35+ AP is converted to the new currency.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

The numbers are laughably low. The reason these gold selling prices were even implemented is that 54/54/54 artifact trait players (what is your problem though, serious talk) have to manually click out of and type "delete" on every single rare AP token they get, which is shitty and awkward. So they added a minor gold price to the tokens so players could easily vendor them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You can go right to AK 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading the OP is hard. They're complaining about being able to sell AP tokens.
    still my point is valid. we can already get to level 20 AK why not just make AP tokens account bound

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    still my point is valid. we can already get to level 20 AK why not just make AP tokens account bound
    Because then you'd do AP WQs on your alts with 20+ AK and feed them to your main. And they are actively trying to avoid people playing alts for the sole purpose of feeding the main.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sorry, but are the AP tokens you get from 5 man, quest or WQ BoE now? Havent keept up much.
    :P? any thx
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

People like the OP bother me. Players complain they have toouch gold. SPEND IT. "I don't have anything to spend it on." Bullshit. You're hoarding it, waiting for something new to come along that you do want to buy. SPEND IT.

ITT: Something doesn't benefit me so I think it should be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    Because then you'd do AP WQs on your alts with 20+ AK and feed them to your main. And they are actively trying to avoid people playing alts for the sole purpose of feeding the main.
    Simple fix; rather than straight-up making all AP items account-bound, you remove 5 levels of AK when you put it in the mail. Assuming you're at AK 25, this makes a 25,000 AP item worth 9,100 AP after transfer.

I don't know that this would completely fix the problem, but I certainly wouldn't do it myself unless the character trading the AP was pretty much maxed-out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Simple fix; rather than straight-up making all AP items account-bound, you remove 5 levels of AK when you put it in the mail. Assuming you're at AK 25, this makes a 25,000 AP item worth 9,100 AP after transfer.

I don't know that this would completely fix the problem, but I certainly wouldn't do it myself unless the character trading the AP was pretty much maxed-out.
    I still think it's more beneficial to do quests on an ALT to earn your AP because you have that chance for world drop AP as well. My 3rd alt is at AK24 so this would be a downgrade. But I guess if I was vendoring the AP it might make sense.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    The amount of poeple with one artifact maxed to 54, let alone 2, are a small minority compared to the total playerbase. Blizzard changed the tokens to sell for gold purely so they had some marginal use after you feel you have used all the ap you can/want for your artifacts.

Also the ability to pick a specific lengendary is vastly unbalanced compared to all the rest who would still be relying on rng. And druids would have to farm 2 times the ap to benefit compared to a demon hunter.
    Just like how some pets and toys from quest rewards now have vendor values, so that being rid of unnecessary clutter is easier.

I expect the number of players in that situation are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Its also a sympton of shockingly short sighted game dedign.
    Or short-sighted players that won't see beyond what they achieve, in contrast to most others.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

There is a certain amount of irony that this post would be from somebody playing a class with only 2 specs.... and only 1 spec per role. The advantage DH has over other classes in regard to Artifact Power, Relics, and legendaries is insane. Do they ever have to worry about their offspec dps Artifact? or how crappy the off spec relics are? or not having main spec legendaries anymore after a patch cycle? Now compare that to pure dps that have 3 specs in the same role, or a druid with 4 specs...

I understand the frustration, it's not their fault the system was designed with such huge discrepancies between classes/roles.. but you also have to understand the vast majority of WoW players, even DH's.. will never ever vendor AP for gold because they are acquiring through normal play, and not aggressively farming it. I know the amount of time invested from those in my guild that have 2 specs maxed out, and it is far from your average player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Just like how some pets and toys from quest rewards now have vendor values, so that being rid of unnecessary clutter is easier.

Or short-sighted players that won't see beyond what they achieve, in contrast to most others.
    You maje zero sense. with some planning they could design a clear plan for ap for the entire expansion. Its not rocket science.

Yes they adjust as they go along. Whst they are actually doing is making it up as they go along, and this applied to man, many areas of wow.

Lastly, you're a bit of a dick. Your play on words partially reusing my short sighted comment really doesn't make you as smart as you seem to think. You assume i have maxed ap when I don't. I was simply pointing out how limited is bliz design and planning.

Double lastly Its fine for you to disagree with me. Im often wrong about all sorts of stuff, but even bliz can divide total ap needed to max by the intended length of the expansion. Yes i am simplifying this a tad.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2017-01-31 at 08:56 PM.

You maje zero sense. with some planning they could design a clear plan for ap for the entire expansion. Its not rocket science.

Yes they adjust as they go along. Whst they are actually doing is making it up as they go along, and this applied to man, many areas of wow.

Lastly, you're a bit of a dick. Your play on words partially reusing my short sighted comment really doesn't make you as smart as you seem to think. You assume i have maxed ap when I don't. I was simply pointing out how limited is bliz design and planning.

Double lastly Its fine for you to disagree with me. Im often wrong about all sorts of stuff, but even bliz can divide total ap needed to max by the intended length of the expansion. Yes i am simplifying this a tad.
    Simply putting out some number is pointless as there will be players gaining it at very different rates, and players starting at different times.
    There is no simple "plan" that suits everyone.

If anything with the raising of requirements in 7.2 for a maxed out artifact, then you are getting what you actually want, continued usage for artifact power.
    So yes, that is being short-sighted.

Throwing tantrums about not being catered to, when in fact you are getting attention with an increased cap which will suit only those which I still suspect won't be a majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Simply putting out some number is pointless as there will be players gaining it at very different rates, and players starting at different times.
    There is no simple "plan" that suits everyone.

If anything with the raising of requirements in 7.2 for a maxed out artifact, then you are getting what you actually want, continued usage for artifact power.
    So yes, that is being short-sighted.

Throwing tantrums about not being catered to, when in fact you are getting attention with an increased cap which will suit only those which I still suspect won't be a majority.
    Where did i throw a tantrum. There are maximums. Take an edjucated guess and plan from there.

Seriously, this stuff is not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    It's not that they thought "there was no way someone was going to have 4", they were well aware of that and actively considered it. Their initial response was to turn off the accrual of bad luck protection once you got 4, which was clearly very lucky. In hindsight, as Blizzard agreed, this was a bad idea.

It was essentially a non-issue that only affected the most hardcore of m+ farmers at the time.
    It affected everyone trying to get BiS legendaries. This RNG aspect of the system was pointed out to Blizzard the very day it was first mentioned. To say "in hindsight is was a bad idea" is to shove your tongue up Blizzard's asshole. They continue to refuse to listen to people who actually play the game and therefore see how bad these designs are from a long, long way off.

Just be glad these idiots don't do anything important (let's be real, none of them could actually get a job doing anything important).

15+ Year Old Account
    Amount of gold should scale with amount of AP u sell.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Here's an easier solution: delete AP altogether. It wasn't a good idea, it still isn't a good idea. This artifact is just useless until you click on little thingies, and has incredibly weak power unless you put some gems in it? Sounds like a Facebook game level of design.
    Sounds like a vast majority of rpg's I ever played the last 30 years, having a tree of some sorts that you purchase traits little bits at a time with some sort of currency. Ah but yes, there's "gems", just like a Facebook game has. Extremely valid point.

It affected everyone trying to get BiS legendaries. This RNG aspect of the system was pointed out to Blizzard the very day it was first mentioned. To say "in hindsight is was a bad idea" is to shove your tongue up Blizzard's asshole. They continue to refuse to listen to people who actually play the game and therefore see how bad these designs are from a long, long way off.

Just be glad these idiots don't do anything important (let's be real, none of them could actually get a job doing anything important).
    Ah, the infamous, I have a different opinion, therefore I must be a white knight fanboi. I haven't heard it put in the bolded terms though.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Ah, the infamous, I have a different opinion, therefore I must be a white knight fanboi. I haven't heard it put in the bolded terms though.
    There is no opinion. Blizzard realized it was a shitty design for the exact same reasons that were pointed out repeatedly for months in beta. They ignored the people it would affect. This is facts, not opinions.

To whitewash it and say "eh, it's no big deal, it had 0 impact on anything and Blizzard eventually fixed it anyway" is tonguing the unclean butthole of Blizzard.

Thanks for confirming your fanboi status though.

Infracted
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2017-01-31 at 11:03 PM.

There is no opinion. Blizzard realized it was a shitty design for the exact same reasons that were pointed out repeatedly for months in beta. They ignored the people it would affect. This is facts, not opinions.

To whitewash it and say "eh, it's no big deal, it had 0 impact on anything and Blizzard eventually fixed it anyway" is tonguing the unclean butthole of Blizzard.

Thanks for confirming your fanboi status though.
    Lol 6/10

"My opinion is precious, therefore it is fact, I are smartest"
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-01-31 at 10:46 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account

I made a few hundred thousand gold farming those pets on dino island and vendoring them for 65g! With the tame dinosaur book and reputation coins I made a killing.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did i throw a tantrum. There are maximums. Take an edjucated guess and plan from there.

Seriously, this stuff is not hard.
    The maximum doesn't need to be based off the maximum amount a player can farm. It's based off a number Blizzard thinks is reasonable. If you hit the cap then congratulations. It's just like reaching your dungeon cap per week on standard Mythics. Clearing every raid difficulty, doing every world quest, reputations grinds or capping valor/justice in the past. Blizzard set a cap they felt was good for Artifact power. For the 1% of players that literally have nothing going on in their life they were able to achieve that cap in about 5 months. That's a long fucking time.