Deleted

Some questions about retri and simulationcraft

Hello guys, so I started playing again WoW recently (I didn't play since Cataclysm) and I made a retribution paladin.
    At the moment I'm trying to boost my dps and equip using simulation craft. I still need to get a better trinket (looking for a EoC atm) and better relics (with increased crusade duration)
    this is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urglino/simple

If i use the single target talents (which are not the one I have on at the moment) my dps is 460k which I'm not sure if it's ok or bad for my item level.

What I really don't understand is how to manage stats and weights. Everytime I get more and more haste the weights bounce a lot between 0.4 and 1.12 normalized making me think that it doesn't really matter how much haste I get as long as I get close to some break point, or am I wrong?
    So I tried testing with different items from 16% to 22% haste and the damage was bouncing a lot as well
    So since I can't find a way to sim my haste, around how much of it should I aim for before simming it (if it matters)?

Also if you have any other suggestion please let me know
    Last edited by mmoce0828c1080; 2017-01-31 at 02:41 PM.

Your stats are pretty solid, and your dps is good at 881. Above average but, not "perfect", either way from what you are saying youre well on the road towards getting better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    Your stats are pretty solid, and your dps is good at 881. Above average but, not "perfect", either way from what you are saying youre well on the road towards getting better.
    Thank you

Haste break points are pretty much a myth. In all my sims from ilvl 830-900 (896 equipped at this moment) I've never had haste ever sim as my top stat, always vers or crit. Haste can be your top stat, but these must have break points simply don't exist. Someone wrote a guide on icy-veins back in august and claimed 22% or 30% or something and the whole community has been talking breakpoints since with nothing else to substantiate this.
    There are theoretical points with certain legendaries like the cloak, but even then only if a robot does your rotation with no movement, target switching or anything like that. In the real world, just sim out your current stat weights and go with that, re-sim ever few pieces of gear and do comparison sims with all trinkets to see what is best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    Haste break points are pretty much a myth. In all my sims from ilvl 830-900 (896 equipped at this moment) I've never had haste ever sim as my top stat, always vers or crit. Haste can be your top stat, but these must have break points simply don't exist. Someone wrote a guide on icy-veins back in august and claimed 22% or 30% or something and the whole community has been talking breakpoints since with nothing else to substantiate this.
    There are theoretical points with certain legendaries like the cloak, but even then only if a robot does your rotation with no movement, target switching or anything like that. In the real world, just sim out your current stat weights and go with that, re-sim ever few pieces of gear and do comparison sims with all trinkets to see what is best.
    ok but still how can you explain this?
    haste weight starts at 0.5 with certain items.
    I replace one ring and gain something 200 more haste. The haste weight changes to 1.12 and I get a huge dps loss (like 10k)
    So this is what made me think yesterday, How is it possible that adding a stat that has a very low weight, increases it drastically?

For further tests I added another item with a lot of haste dropping critical and versatility. This resulted in the haste weight going back to 0.5 or so and the dps going pretty much back to how it was before.

The only explanation I can give is that there are some sort of breakpoints, but as you mentioned here everywhere people say something different now.

So I have no idea what's going on.
    If it helps I can post some simc results (I'm using 25k iterations so that's not the problem)
    Last edited by mmoce0828c1080; 2017-01-31 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epilol View Post
    ok but still how can you explain this?
    haste weight starts at 0.5 with certain items.
    I replace one ring and gain something 200 more haste. The haste weight changes to 1.12 and I get a huge dps loss (like 10k)
    So this is what made me think yesterday, How is it possible that adding a stat that has a very low weight, increases it drastically?

For further tests I added another item with a lot of haste dropping critical and versatility. This resulted in the haste weight going back to 0.5 or so and the dps going pretty much back to how it was before.

The only explanation I can give is that there are some sort of breakpoints, but as you mentioned here everywhere people say something different now.

So I have no idea what's going on.
    If it helps I can post some simc results (I'm using 25k iterations so that's not the problem)
    Theoretical haste break point (probably in simcraft too) is around 28-30%, it a spot where you get "permanent" judgment window in which you should be able to squeeze in 3 TVs.
    Im in mediocre guild which takes time on our kills due to RL stuff so take my arguments lightly, more as a part of conversation.

Haste, Crit and Versatility all have similar effect on your damage. The higher one of these stats get though, the more it improves the value of the others. So as you get more haste, you hit more frequently, so you get more Crits, or Versatility makes each of those hits stronger. Hitting 10% faster and 10% harder gives you 21% more damage, while hitting 20% faster gives you 20% more damage, in a nutshell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

from my experience having 20-22% haste made the rotation smooth, with blade of wrath procs you could easily cast 3 TWs in judgment window.
    Tip for user with lege cloak, you should cast judgment when you have 5 HP, then TW (2x globals generators) TW, then 1 global generator and TW again this is the way to keep the buff up. Now with low haste you will probably loose the buff and when judgment is off CD you probably would have no HP so you need to waste more time to cast generators and have again 5HP to cast judgment.

Now in NH when you use meh hammers you do not have procs of the blade of wrath so more haste is to make rotation smooth is better.
    ATM I am 20% haste with food buff, use TFOJ and have 4 set. The rotation is smooth and I do not have down times to wait for an ability altho I see some top parsing pallies still sitting at ~30% haste and only like 22%crit, I use the opposite.
    Last edited by urw; 2017-02-01 at 10:42 AM.