Brewmaster Krosus (and just general) help (Logs Included)

At the start of Legion I was asked to reroll to a tank for a weekend raiding that I had healed and DPS'd for in WoD through most of HFC. I originally decided on a Prot Warr but with changes in 7.1.5 (RIP Focused Rage) I had decided to reroll tanks for NH. I tried almost all the other tank classes in game (besides Blood because my Co-Tank is Blood) and didn't really find much enjoyment with any of them for various reasons so I decided to try my main Windwalker monk's OffSpec for one of our raids and ultimately ended up really enjoying it and since I already had most of the artifact filled out and some tank trinkets from Offspec rolls I figured it would be easy to make the switch. We got through 3/10 Normal fairly easy and although we had to call in some help for Alluriel I really couldn't notice any issues on my part no explainable deaths and manageable damage. But once we reached Krosus I just couldn't possibly find a way to keep myself alive. We did kill it eventually but I had to ultimately take Gift of the Mists just to self-heal myself through damage. With Mystic Vitality I couldn't hold up against the tank swap DoT which led me to go Elixir and GotM so I could self heal through it but in general I still felt that my health seemed really spiky so any tips at all would be appreciated.

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rce=12&fight=6
    (Here we reached Krosus towards the end of the night but couldn't quite down him I'm linking this because I tried out a lot of different talent setups here)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=3
    (Our kill and the wipes before it)

It looks like you guys are swapping at 5 stacks. I'm not sure why you thought MV wasn't good - if you're having difficulty with the magic damage on normal while taking Mystic Vitality and you're not screwing up the swap, then you're either messing up your brews or your healers are asleep.

Looking at your kill, it seems to be the brews. You had less than 70% ISB uptime and you purified at like 75% stagger a ton. You're spending like 3% of your fights in heavy stagger, which is crazy, crazy low. You're not staggering enough damage, and you're purifying way too early. You must be purifying the instant it turns red, while you can support yourself through way more damage than that. Especially on Krosus, when you're taking damage from something throughout the entire fight, you really want 100% ISB uptime, and you can get there by saving your purifies until you have higher stagger. Also, you used BoC with a few purifies, which is basically a waste.

If you take MV and have full ISB uptime, you should be totally fine. You'll mitigate more damage than you could heal with GotM.

Your stats are not great for Brewmaster. Part of the reason why you have such a hard time with Krosus is that his main mechanic is soaking slam, taking Fel Devastation damage, soaking fire, taking a magic DoT, etc. You need Haste to keep your Brews up, Crit to benefit from your self-healing and to add healing with Celestial Fortune and Vers to even all that out, with Mastery coming in last. Your stat priority is pretty much opposite this, with incredibly high Mastery, then Vers, then Haste, then Crit.

What that means is that because Krosus's abilities are mostly magical and don't rely on him physically attacking, you're getting blown up and trucked to death because your stats are geared towards tanking physical tankbuster bosses-- which is why you said you needed to call in help for Aluriel, as her primary tank buster is magic damage and you can't dodge Annihilation. This setup will be fine on like, Tichondrius, Gul'dan, Chronomatic Anomaly and High Botanist but the rest of the bosses do a magic damage tankbuster. You need to even out your stats if you want to survive and thrive.

You're holding on to Fortifying Brew like it's something that will save your life like Survival Instincts when it's a smoothing tool like Last Stand. It only makes you take 20% less damage and stagger 26% more, it's not a hail Mary ability and you should be using it more proactively.

Zen Med on the slam circles is how I use that ability too. If you have high stacks of Searing Brand you shouldn't break it afterwards. The raid will survive without your tank dps for 5 more seconds while you halve the damage from the tank buster.

Dakiri's advice on brew usage is correct as well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...06677&source=3

You can see, that you dip always during high dot stacks, not at other times, that's because his dot is the most dmg he does. You should be more fine with MV instead of HE.
    Also you should maybe consider HT for starters.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=3&view=events
    That is not that good.

But it's not the only reason you lack Brew-generation... GotM is crap in raids, use BoB (or if it's too hard LB, the difference is not that big with HT; with BoC it is though)

Other then that, you didn't get that much heal, much of it was the Druid's hots and if that Pala would give you a beacon, you would be more than fine.
    And you will dip considerably less once you learn to get 100% ISB uptime and take MV (and maybe HT) for high magic dmg stuff.

PS go either for haste for better Brew-gen or for vers for better def, mastery would have been good in EN, but there is so much magic dmg in nearly all of NH...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SecSeibzehn View Post
    What that means is that because Krosus's abilities are mostly magical and don't rely on him physically attacking, you're getting blown up and trucked to death because your stats are geared towards tanking physical tankbuster bosses-- which is why you said you needed to call in help for Aluriel, as her primary tank buster is magic damage and you can't dodge Annihilation.
    I agree on Krosus. I just looked up our last Krosus hc kill and I rarely dipped below 75% and only thrice below 50% or so. But I also ran MV+HT and go for haste :0

Annihilation is physical dmg. You can't dodge it but you get 95% stagger. How do you think we are able to cheese it (soak every debuff)? Even at 5 stacks it does hardly any dmg.