Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofshock View Post
    Now that i think about it a 5th healer would be fine.
    You honestly need it. You're running 4 healers, but basically getting 3 due to the lack of output that you're getting. You have healers that are standing around not doing anything for periods of the fight. Sub 90% activity is unheard of. You have healers that are dpsing, yet there is the issue of tanks not getting enough healing. One of your shamans seems to do that every fight. I always encourage healer dps, but if you forget that you're a healer first, then you should be replaced with either a real healer or a real dps.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    You honestly need it. You're running 4 healers, but basically getting 3 due to the lack of output that you're getting. You have healers that are standing around not doing anything for periods of the fight. Sub 90% activity is unheard of. You have healers that are dpsing, yet there is the issue of tanks not getting enough healing. One of your shamans seems to do that every fight. I always encourage healer dps, but if you forget that you're a healer first, then you should be replaced with either a real healer or a real dps.
    Healers getting nuked by Fel Beam, tanks missing active mitigation, and adds getting casts off are the issues. Adding another healer isn't going to help if those don't get fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The bigger issue is that you have 5-6 people getting hit by the beam almost every fight. This is putting some undue stress on your healers.

Your paladin tank also doesn't seem to be using any active mitigation before the slam. Pop Shield of the Righteous and it'll make those a lot smoother. Holy Shield and Spell Warding can also block applications of brand, so your tank might look into taking those talents instead.

You also seem to be getting adds on every pull. These are going ahead and hitting people (your paladin tank for one) and causing people to die.

This is absolutely not a healing problem, this is a tanking problem/people not doing fight mechanics problem.
    What about our DH tank? The logs say she seems fine but I feel that, if we're wiping, everyone has room to improve. Our pally does always seem to die first.

Honestly, this fight isn't hard. I don't see how people are wiping on it. However, looking at the logs a few things stood out

1. Mechanics! This is a DPS check AND a stupid check. The fight has 4 mechanics and they aren't hard. Have the person with the orb run to the back left and everyone else shift to the front right as much as possible. It reduces orb damage and helps your healers

2. Mechanics! Have your ranged spread before the puddles come out that need to be soaked. Have mele take the front, healers mid and ranged back. Seriously, stop for 2 second and actually spread so people don't miss adds. IF you miss adds, they are top priority.

3. Mechanics!!! How are people getting hit by the beam. It alternates EVERY SINGLE TIME. If it starts left, then it goes right then left. The pattern resets after the 3rd slam. If people are getting hit by more than one beam multiple pulls in a row, kick them from the group. You can't hand hold

4. People doing < 400 K on a single target fight. This shouldn't be happening. If you're running heroics, people should all be 880 and have 40-45+ in their weapon. So, up the deeps. It helps with the adds that people aren't soaking....

Here's what you should see your DPS look like: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    I did notice a lot of people in your group didn't use a second pot. Not sure if it was because they were dead or because of class. For instance I understand warriors want to wait until execute phase to drop the hammer. However for other classes, they could just use it after 3rd slam when everyone backs up for the bridge drop

10+ Year Old Account
    What about our DH tank? The logs say she seems fine but I feel that, if we're wiping, everyone has room to improve. Our pally does always seem to die first.
    Just looking at the Tanks. DH seems to do ok, taunting is fine - at least at the try you posted. Does take approx. the same dmg i took when we had our last kill. DH-Healing is actually pretty good. Demonspikes is around 60%, which is ok without set-bonus. Maybe i'm overlocking something, but i don't think the DH-tank is the problem.

After a brief glance of the logs, i'd go with: not enough hps + too much unnecessary dmg on the raid due to mechanics failure.

Edit: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done this is our last kill - as you can see, i played shittier in every category than your DH and i had no issue at all with tanking it... so the only thing you cannot regulate is external heal...
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2017-01-31 at 05:57 PM.

The only thing I can really say is she needs to have some form of mitigation up for every slam, which looks like she's doing that. Maybe try to hit every other slam with Fiery Brand. Your DH isn't really the problem. They seem to be dying after others in your raid are falling over because of failing mechanics.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2017-01-31 at 06:32 PM.

Keep in mind every 3rd slam when the bridge is breaking, the prot pally will usually have brand stacks and have to run out, so having SotR up for the slam+brand combo is difficult/maybe impossible? The adds are stunnable, so have your shaman drop stun totems on the missed soaks and make sure your ranged get them down.

Deleted
    Rogues can soak every single one of the smashes no prob. If you have two your tanks only take the dot, the rogues take the smashes, gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The only thing I can really say is she needs to have some form of mitigation up for every slam. Maybe try to hit every other slam with Fiery Brand. Your DH isn't really the problem. They seem to be dying after others in your raid are falling over because of failing mechanics.

Just checked: DS was up while she died, but it's really not nice, she got 23 mio. dmg in three hits 2x searing brand + 1xSlam all in about 1 second. Personally if i have the brand + slam i try to use wards + immo aura (with leggy) but tbh. we pop heal cds for each slam, so most of the time its not that bad. And she got NO heal whatsoever in this time frame.

Maybe make the healers more aware which tank needs a lot of healing right now. For that purpose we announce each taunt in ts, not for us, but for the healers to take note which tank is the important right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Just looking at the Tanks. DH seems to do ok, taunting is fine - at least at the try you posted. Does take approx. the same dmg i took when we had our last kill. DH-Healing is actually pretty good. Demonspikes is around 60%, which is ok without set-bonus. Maybe i'm overlocking something, but i don't think the DH-tank is the problem.

After a brief glance of the logs, i'd go with: not enough hps + too much unnecessary dmg on the raid due to mechanics failure.

Edit: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done this is our last kill - as you can see, i played shittier in every category than your DH and i had no issue at all with tanking it... so the only thing you cannot regulate is external heal...
    Well thats a relief, the shammy healer blamed her for being a DH and that DHs are the worst tanks atm. Definently just shifting blame due to tilt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Just checked: DS was up while she died, but it's really not nice, she got 23 mio. dmg in three hits 2x searing brand + 1xSlam all in about 1 second. Personally if i have the brand + slam i try to use wards + immo aura (with leggy) but tbh. we pop heal cds for each slam, so most of the time its not that bad. And she got NO heal whatsoever in this time frame.

Maybe make the healers more aware which tank needs a lot of healing right now. For that purpose we announce each taunt in ts, not for us, but for the healers to take note which tank is the important right now.
    That time frame you're talking about, I'm pretty sure our protadin died without giving her time to drop stacks. That'll definently hurt.

Yes, the tanks are all using AM and cds, but they never seem to be topped off during Slams 7+, the healers say the tanks are taking too much damage, the tanks say they're getting too little healing, and everyone is tilted.
    They can both be right. As pointed out in an above post it seems 4 healers for your group is not enough. Killing adds better or letting less spawn and getting the aoe meteor further away is the only way uour raid as a whole can lower dmg and ease things for the healers. After that it is all on the tanks and the healers to survive.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Well thats a relief, the shammy healer blamed her for being a DH and that DHs are the worst tanks atm. Definently just shifting blame due to tilt.

- - - Updated - - -

That time frame you're talking about, I'm pretty sure our protadin died without giving her time to drop stacks. That'll definently hurt.
    Your protadin isn't using Shield of the Righteous at opportune times like ever. Consecration uptime is also really low.

Again, there are other mechanics people are getting nuked by too such as the Fel Beam and adds.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2017-01-31 at 06:32 PM.

As a Prot Paladin I struggled a little bit with this on my first few pulls, but when looking at my damage taken it was primarily the Searing Brand (while the other tank has aggro). I countered it with picking Holy Shield (DoT Block) for this fight. I also limited the active mitigation I used when actually tanking the boss and instead made sure to have it up for slams (top priority) and the DoT (while off tanking). Outside of that I use defensive cooldowns on the 3rd slam because healers tend to slack on heals while the bridge is breaking. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Adamantite; 2017-02-01 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatar View Post
    Rogues can soak every single one of the smashes no prob. If you have two your tanks only take the dot, the rogues take the smashes, gg.
    I tried this last night on my rogue and sometimes it worked fine but others it would take me down to 5% or 1-shot. I'm feinting before the slam with elusiveness. Not sure if i need to run elusiveness or not.

I tank this on a monk and a druid and I've found I barely need cd's for slam and they are better used for reducing the dmg from the dot, also if you taunt swap the second your dot falls off you can keep stacks down to 3-4 and this really helps reduce the dmg and helps your healers a lot.

Your main issue here is that you're taking too much damage from other shit. Spawning 14 adds on an attempt and getting hit by beams for an extra 20 mill damage is going to stress healers.

This leads to situations like your last pull where the tank died from lack of heals (none for 8 seconds). Can' blame the tank too much. He had AM up. Can't blame the healers either, they were trying trying to heal through poorly executed mechanics.

Good morning all, I hope that someone may be able to help me out.
    We killed H Krosus yesterday but, myself (prot warrior) and our blood DK, took a whole bunch of damage from slam and Spellblade's annihilate.
    Is there anything we can work on to stay alive better? He spec'd into purgatory, I added Exoskeleton stam trinket and went impending victory.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aKhzmyc3V278gLdP (Heroic Prog H Krosus/Spellblade)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BLDjtdhCQxv6Yn4c (Normal, any comparison).

Thanks all.

The fight is the heaviest tank damage in the instance on heroic... it's a gear check fight. Tanks are going to take a lot of damage, your healers have to pick up the slack and actually heal them. Seems like your healers just got spoiled by the earlier bosses which are a joke on tanks, and self healing ones in particular need almost no outside assistance to survive.

So, we run also prot pala and VDH, we also took too much damage until: Let the DH start take 5 stacks->pala takes over, DH taunts back as soon as his stacks are gone (pala should have 4), tell your paladin not to waste his SotR for dps but use it as mitigation. Your paladin takes too high dmg from it while DH's really should not have a problem with it. Make sure the tank who tanks while the bridge is falling is the last one to run away cause krosus randomly puts the dot on just before the 3rd slam. This is why we used to DH starts part, this should make it so that if tanks keep taunting at 5 stacks or 4, DH should tank and be able to leap before the slam. The slam doesnt really do much to tanks.

Also for your shaman. DH tank doesnt require "spam healing", he deals well himself, he/she should heal DH for 30-40% of the heals he/she casts on the paladin since paladin is the one who requires healing on Krosus. Just let a hpala put beacon on VDH and he be fine, prot pala on the other hand, requires the upmost care from healers there since he doesnt have low cd magic dmg reduction.

P.S You should let the DH know to try out the spirit bomb talent on that fight, makes dealing with the dot really easy and to pick fel eruption since he doesnt seem to want to play with felblade. http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/d...vengeance/c78c is the build I would use if I were him on those pulls and would tell the healer who says its too hard to heal a DH to go f*ck himself