Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    I have 2 non DPS legendaries, we cleared normal NH. I was not bottom of the meters but was in the bottom 25%.

Now lets be clear I was a touch undergeared compared to the raid but normally I can still keep up through play even if undergeared. But I have to admit it was very frustrating being held back by not having 2 good dps leggos.

Now I am falling behind more since I'll have to find a new group to run NH with since my 400k'ish dps isn't good enough for heroic with the current group.

Anyone else feel the frustration of getting non dps leggos? I'm sure it probably feels great to have the 2 best ones and beat everyone else though too.
    1. You don't need to bench anyone for NH normal or HC. If your guild has over 30 players, thats on them for over-recruiting
    2. What is your spec? Not every spec relies heavily on legendaries to do maximum damage. Arms warriors for example rely much less upon perfect legendaries than boomkins do
    3. You are admittedly undergeared. What more can I say? You didn't put in the effort but still want to come? What is undergeared right now? My ret paladin has 2 dps legendaries and is 878 ilvl after a week or two of pvping and I do similar dmg to you with no enchants or gems (they dont matter in pvp)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Arrav/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    I'd have to agree with this. The Legendaries only make up a small % of your DPS. People have it in their heads tha you'll go from a 400K player to a 600K player just from 2 Legendaries. Bad is bad. If your guild feels the need to sit a 400K player from Normal or Heroic, they're a bad guild too.
    Actually, as a warrior as the OP seems to be, the difference between two good and two bad legendaries is pretty big.
    Maybe not 200k but still, the right legendaries will boost you up quite a bit, both for arms and fury.

On toipic: Yes, the legendary system is indeed horrible and should be removed as soon as possible.

I have 2 non DPS legendaries, we cleared normal NH. I was not bottom of the meters but was in the bottom 25%.

Now lets be clear I was a touch undergeared compared to the raid but normally I can still keep up through play even if undergeared. But I have to admit it was very frustrating being held back by not having 2 good dps leggos.

Now I am falling behind more since I'll have to find a new group to run NH with since my 400k'ish dps isn't good enough for heroic with the current group.

Anyone else feel the frustration of getting non dps leggos? I'm sure it probably feels great to have the 2 best ones and beat everyone else though too.
    I'm a tank. I use tank legs, enchants, and gems and still do competitive DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Actually, as a warrior as the OP seems to be, the difference between two good and two bad legendaries is pretty big.
    Maybe not 200k but still, the right legendaries will boost you up quite a bit, both for arms and fury.

On toipic: Yes, the legendary system is indeed horrible and should be removed as soon as possible.

Until seeing otherwise, it's probably a rotation thing. Even a mediocre warrior can do good damage.
    Proof: I am a mediocre warrior @ best and do good damage.

Really want to see some parses from this guy and know how many points are in his weapon. Armory as well.

The skeptic in me is always curious as to why, every time we see one of these posts they says "I was under-geared of course, but I could keep up through shear skill alone!"

Nothing personal OP but I can't buy into the idea of being sat on normal for not having BiS Legendaries and doing 400k dps.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Nothing personal OP but I can't buy into the idea of being sat on normal for not having BiS Legendaries and doing 400k dps.
    I could if it came at the expense of mechanics and messing up the raid. For instance, on the first boss not hiding behind one of those pillars and constantly getting knocked into the adds. Or on Krosus, doing something stupid like standing in a beam or not getting off the bridge in time. Or perhaps dropping a fire circle too close to another one. Or not running with ice fast enough.

I could think of a ton of reasons. Now I'm sad

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to agree with this. The Legendaries only make up a small % of your DPS. People have it in their heads tha you'll go from a 400K player to a 600K player just from 2 Legendaries. Bad is bad. If your guild feels the need to sit a 400K player from Normal or Heroic, they're a bad guild too.
    Or maybe they don't need 4th demon hunter in their raid or something like that. I'ts easy to blame the player as it is easy to blame the RNG on gear drops for being benched. Without additional info it's hard to tell. But, granted history of threads like this - OP is probably doesn't tell us some crucial details
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

LOL! oh boy another "wow is me I have bad Legendaries there for I can't play"... you were sat mostly likely because you were doing something wrong mechanically.
    The legendaries are great, but to say they are make or break for a normal raid....

Quote Originally Posted by psukardi View Post
    Until seeing otherwise, it's probably a rotation thing. Even a mediocre warrior can do good damage.
    Proof: I am a mediocre warrior @ best and do good damage.

Really want to see some parses from this guy and know how many points are in his weapon. Armory as well.
    For sure. He might be bad but even so, warrior legendaries make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Legendary system is bullshit and blizzard will NEVER use this again.
    I feel for you, because I have it the same way. On the 4 chars I play I only get utility legendaries.
    #FeelsBadMan
    Stop legitimizing OP. He is being sat because he is a bad player, not because he doesn't have good legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    My legendary ring gives me 100k DPS. With 2 legendaries of significant enough magnitude I could go from like 540-700k DPS, so while it doesn't make you go from 400k to 600k, they can give you a pretty significant amount of DPS.

I don't think 540k-700k is "small".
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you got benched in Normal, it's probably because your guild is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    You wouldn't last more than a couple of pulls in our Guild by being that RUDE. You'd get gkicked by multiple people trying to see who could be first to kick.

- - - Updated - - -

You wouldn't last long either. Based on what I see in these logs, you aren't very nice.
    you and your officers and your whole shitty guild can suck my donger... like playing a game is fucking breakthrough in quantum physics fucking retard kids

Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-02-01 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Ya, a single Legendary giving 100k dps. Cool story bro
    If he's playing the Breath build and talking about the ring it might not be to far off. The extra Rune Empowerment extends your first Breath by a significant margin so depending on the fight length it might be realistic.

That aside, it seems like the OP is looking for reasons to justify his sub-par DPS. Sure, you won't get 95th and above percentile without proper legendaries but that doesn't mean you can't still perform reasonably well. Instead of blaming the system (which numerous people have already voiced their disdain for) try looking at your stat weights, talent selections per fight, and ability usage. Even a person with two sub par legendaries should still be able to effectively blue or purple parse with enough work. OP even admitted to 'slacking behind' in terms of gear so it's not surprising he can't pull numbers with that attitude.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

Stop saying "leggos" and you wont get benched

I can imagine benching people who don't do top percentile dps for mythic Krosus for example, that's a hard dps check.

In normal? Most guilds that raid normal never bench unless 1) they're over 30 people, 2) you just fuck up their tactic and wipe them. Things like raid leader saying "stop dps" or "switch to add" or "move left" and someone refuses to do so.

In pugs that's a different story, you can be kicked for anything. But guilds that raid normal are the casual sort they don't bench people unless you piss them off or just ruin their tactic. Being dead half the time to avoidable mechanics and / or excusing not following tactics with "but I have lag" is a common reason too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    If you are getting benched for normal nighthold it's probably not because of your legendaries are bad but because you are a terrible player.
    As blunt as this is, this is most likely true. DPS legendaries can help a lot but any sane person isn't going to bench someone for not having them, especially in a below par guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    I was using a healing legendary item up until a few days ago as I couldn't equip a 2nd yet, yet my DPS was still great (Ele Shaman). Don't use not having 2 legendary items as an excuse for not preforming well. If you're doing normal mode chances are you don't have a guild full of 890 ilvl players so the difference in gear shouldn't be so large that you get benched. Just learn your class better and stop making excuses.
    actually i went from 450 k to constantly over 500 k by ONE ITEM: AN FUCKING BIS LEGENDARY.

and benching on normal? sounds like mega troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    actually i went from 450 k to constantly over 500 k by ONE ITEM: AN FUCKING BIS LEGENDARY.
    I had ~40k simmed DPS boost from using legendary bracers on my fire mage. Then out of curiosity i simmed bracers with same stats as legendary but without proc. I've got ~28k simmed DPS boost compared to my old bracers. So... It can easily be simple stats difference between your current item and BiS legendary that do the trick, not the proc itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.