Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    MoP 5-mans were obsolete before the first tier. They didn't even last a full tier until 5.1 arrived. They were like.. tier 0.5 and then never touched again.

In WotLK and Cata, I remember running the launch dungeons even up to the point of the new dungeons being released.
    The reason you would keep running them in MoP was the same reason you would have in WotLK and Cata: valor. Those were pretty much the only reasons you kept running them. MoP did add more ways to get valor, but WotLK and Cata both they were largely just faceroll fests even when they added the final patch dungeons.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Legendaries Lost relevence ever since that Wrathion guy entered WOW. In cata, He gave rogues their damned daggers, then in MoP, he sent us on easy ass quests/raids to get a legendary cloak. It was fun, yes, but everyone had a legendary clock, which was pissy. Legendaries In TBC were swell, As well as in Wrath. But, in cata, they kind of lost their name...in a sense.

Khadgar gave us the ring, and that only got worse, since everyone had one as well. But, as of now, in legion, everyone either has more than 1, 1, or they have this 1 friend with NO legendaries. I have 2.

I love legion, infact, it's my favorite expansion. But, JESUS man! Legendaries just want attention, they're so rare. I feel them, man...

But, that's just my opinion. You can have different opinions, but..this is mine. But, dank, this does sound like a whine-thread either way.

When people do have their own positive opinions, you complain, saying that they have no evidence. When, in reality, you have no evidence as to why YOU think they suck. Show me YOUR proof, dank....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Not again please.
    Blah. It's a Dankdruid thread, give em around 2-3 days. They'll chill...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Not again please.
    Blah. It's a Dankdruid thread, give em around 2-3 days. They'll chill...

Honestly they should have made class specific quest lines that let you target specific ones and obtain them in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I hope Eye drops because I crafted my hammer. Oh some dude who was stockpiling dkp took it. Well then.
    lmao, precisely this.

Vanilla WoW all of our paladins created the hammer in the hopes they would get the eye, should it choose to finally drop for our guild. It finally did drop and the obnoxious newbie warrior was gifted it because "paladins are here for buffs only."

BC WoW it was understood that the first set of glaives to drop would go to our RL rogue officer. The one night he couldn't make raid because of work, boom, dropped, and it went to the mouthy underperforming rogue instead.

LK, the GL's girlfriend was gifted the hammer from ulduar, despite being a rshammy and not a very good one. She couldn't even get the hammer in Yogg's mouth (that is not what she said) until he logged her account to do it. We spent 2 nights wiping on the encounter because of her issues. Then ICC comes out and she realizes the mace from one of the abominations was much better for her... and tried convincing the raid she needed THAT weapon instead.

Same crappy guild as above, the RL/GL was a tank DK who "wanted to let others lead the raid in tanking, so he was going to go dps". Could this have anything to do with wanting Shadowmourne?!? Nah... but oh, since he's dps now....

Just fap fap fap to idiocy.

Legendaries have never been implemented in a perfect way. Vanilla and BC it was just sheer luck for the rare guild that could do the content to get these legendaries. LK and Cata it was about having a guild to back you up as you went through questlines. MoP it was about everyone had an equal chance. WoD was an equal chance.

Now Legion is back to sheer luck but equal chances for all to get bent over.

Why does the "BUH THE LEGENDARIES WERE ONLY EASY MODE ONCE THE CONTENT GOT OUTGEARED", which is basically the same analogy you can use for MoP/WoD?

I mean, you could finish each respective part before the LFR came out (I believe)

They've never been relevant. Either it required a massive effort from a guild which bestowed the weapon on one person, or it was RNG, or it was a long guaranteed grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    How was Burning Adrenalin a mechanic that needed a lot of skill? I mean the casters that got it just ran out of range of the group to prevent blowing up the raid, as soon as out of range go do some big dick dps / healing and not long after they would just die. For tanks you would just have a rotation where Tank 1 Would start building threat, tank 2 would start building threat a few seconds after tank 1, tank 3 a few seconds after tank 2 and tank 4 a few seconds after tank 3 and as soon the boss would hit 20% all tanks would be spamming full rage executes due to essence of the red. Not a whole lot of skill involved there.
    Cuz threat management. Maybe you did so little that you could hammer your buttons to infinity and do nothing ; But i played a Lock back in the day.

Bad enough that i had ruin to begin with in normal cases, didn't need it with BA either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    used to have to work towards getting a legendary. slowly got easier and easier and now what should be the most prestigious items in the game are randomly generated.

sad.
    Wrong. You had to be lucky enough to play the class it was designated for to start. You had to hope the GM or his significant other did not play those classes. Then you had to farm the raids for the weapon drop or the mats to craft it. Hardly required work. I would say as in individual, the MoP forward legendaries required more work since it was up to yourself to put in the time to complete them or run the content that dropped em.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people delusional about their personal accomplishments regarding legendaries Vanilla - WotLK.

Reality check: at the very least you needed what 9, 24, or 39 other people to complete your legendary. Not to mention that you had to be playing the specific class available to equip said legendary, and doubtful that you were the only one in the guild/raid at the time who could. Which means your guild chose YOU to GIVE you the necessary item(s) in order to complete your legendary. When you really think about it, YOU did nothing. 9, 24, or 39 other people just gave up their claim and gave it to you. The achievement was your guilds, the benefit was your guild or the people you played with. Welcome back to the real world.

Is the uniqueness/exclusivity gone from legendaries? Totally. Are they easier or hard to obtain. For some yes, for others no. I'd say the difficulty is right on par with what it has always been.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-01-31 at 04:58 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    What was wrong was using them to milk sub fees out of the players. Gota keep playing not because the game is good, (and it was horrible during mop) but because I don't want to fall behind on my legendary quest and not be able to get in a decent raid group.

I better buy the next expansion (wod). If i don't keep up on my legendary quest, i'll fall behind and never get in a decent raid group.

I better buy Legion and maintain my sub. If I fall behind on the artifact weapon, i'll never get in a good raid group...

And the cycle continues.
    MoP was fantastic but ok.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by petals View Post
    lmao, precisely this.

Vanilla WoW all of our paladins created the hammer in the hopes they would get the eye, should it choose to finally drop for our guild. It finally did drop and the obnoxious newbie warrior was gifted it because "paladins are here for buffs only."
    So... the system was crap just because your guild dealt with it poorly? Got it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I prefer the new systems compared to the older one, personally. So, I enjoy it, and continue to play due to that fact.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Honestly they should have made class specific quest lines that let you target specific ones and obtain them in Legion.
    ^^^^This...

But that would have required so much more time to design all the questlines...so they went the lazy RNG route.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post

When this guy appeared to give freebie cloaks to everyone.
    This made me lol.

Legendaries have always been an issue, but in MoP, having some cloak that everyone had was lame. At least in Legion there is some diversity in who has what, or in who chooses to use what.

I think op means there was a paradigm shift between how legendaries are viewed. They used to be these incredibly powerful items that only top tier players in pve had access to, and even then not all those players got them. They were trophies and legitimately overpowered items that very few had.

Over time, blizz shifted them to more casually obtainable items with less effort and dedication required to obtain. More and more players began to get these legendaries, and as such having one meant less and less. Now, fresh 110s can randomly get these "legendaries" doing daily quests.

Legendaries no longer carry the prestige and weight they once did. I for one wish the old system was still in place. That's coming from a casual raider that never saw a legendary during vanilla, bc, or wotlk. It used to be not having one put you at a significant disadvantage, but it came with the knowledge that an entire guild of seasoned players made it happen. Now random pugs walk in with rng legendaries with no raid gear and out dps some of our heroic raiders...
    Last edited by Zardam; 2017-01-31 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty I like the surplus of *potential* selection in Legion for them. The 3rd tier of appearances is basically the equivalent of questing for a legendary weapon anyway.

The only thing I DON'T like is that we can't pursue at least one specific legendary and, as a Rogue, I feel like other class' legendaries are WAY better than ours. Some of them are ridiculous and I see people like "lolmydpsisbetter" and you look at the legendaries they have like... well yeah, no shit.

That said. I kind of wish the current legendaries were more an *epic* epic item, but each class had a quest for one legendary per spec as well, which could be upgraded and "reforged" from a selection of equip effects so you could try and pinpoint an effect ideal for YOUR playstyle whether it be utility, damage etc.

Alas.

I can't complain though. Legion may have its hiccups but I'm loving it so far. Minus that the first legendary I've gotten on all my 110s so far has been Sephuz.... at least it got buffed though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Cuz threat management. Maybe you did so little that you could hammer your buttons to infinity and do nothing ; But i played a Lock back in the day.

Bad enough that i had ruin to begin with in normal cases, didn't need it with BA either.
    I actually played this fight both from a warrior tank p.o.v. early in the progress cycle and warlock (later on in the cycle, when my first guild fell apart and i switched mains to warlock in another guild) and threat issues never were a real problem unless either the first caster that got BA went totally crazy or the tanks messed up massively. This was alliance side though, so with Blessing of Salvation, if you were Horde i think it was a more delicate situation due to not having the -30% threath buff since i think Tranquil Air was not introduced till very late in vanilla and shared his spot with WF totem.

Never. Do you know what the word "relevance" means? I think you are trying to say "when did they lose their mysticism" or something, because if you think the legendaries in Legion aren't relevant you must not actually play the game. Or read these forums. The problem is they are TOO relevant and there is no easy way to obtain the ones you want.

Or even look back at the ring in WoD. The ring would do 15-20 percent of the health of some encounters. Totally not a relevant item.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    ^^^^This...

But that would have required so much more time to design all the questlines...so they went the lazy RNG route.
    But like. Almost every one is in some way related to a follower for each class already >_< lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    I actually played this fight both from a warrior tank p.o.v. early in the progress cycle and warlock (later on in the cycle, when my first guild fell apart and i switched mains to warlock in another guild) and threat issues never were a real problem unless either the first caster that got BA went totally crazy or the tanks messed up massively. This was alliance side though, so with Blessing of Salvation, if you were Horde i think it was a more delicate situation due to not having the -30% threath buff since i think Tranquil Air was not introduced till very late in vanilla and shared his spot with WF totem.
    I was Horde - And there still was a certain element of skill in the fact of how to manage your aggro unless Salv was put on you or TA totems were about, but you needed the DPS from WF regardless, so :P