FFXIV:Hikari no Otosan (Father of Light)

Apparently there's a FFXIV live action tv show coming out in Japan. But it's about a father and son who play the game together, not directly about the game itself. Weird but interesting concept. Also just kinda sounds like a series of commercials. But it would be hilarious if Yosh- I mean the Wandering Minstrel showed up at their house. Or in their dreams. XD
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-01-31 at 03:54 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Last year's event was weird as hell.
    Me and my friend did it and felt cheesier(?) than the wedding we did, lol.

Holy crap i just had an amazing two runs of the expert roullette, from all the chests i got the MCH, DRK, BLK/SMN, WHM/SCH/AST and NIN chest pieces along with the stuff like the MCH beret and BLM psycho mantis mask. HAHA TIME FOR GLAMOUR!

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    FFXIV:Hikari no Otosan (Father of Light)

Apparently there's a FFXIV live action tv show coming out in Japan. But it's about a father and son who play the game together, not directly about the game itself. Weird but interesting concept. Also just kinda sounds like a series of commercials. But it would be hilarious if Yosh- I mean the Wandering Minstrel showed up at their house. Or in their dreams. XD
    It is based on a blog - a son got his dad the game and they ended up bonding over it and it was chronicled via screenshots and posts as it went along.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    It is based on a blog - a son got his dad the game and they ended up bonding over it and it was chronicled via screenshots and posts as it went along.
    That reminds me of the old webcomic about the guy playing animal crossing with his very ill mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Ahh. Well in that case, they could have made it an international thing. A while back there was a guy posting videos of him playing the game with his daughter. I think they were from the US, but I could see things like that happening worldwide.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

ugh doing the post story quests and now begins the gear grind as im only ilvl 197
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ugh doing the post story quests and now begins the gear grind as im only ilvl 197
    do frontlines and garo stuff, win or lose its easy 235 gear and also BiS pvp gear till Stormblood to boot.

If you can get it to 200, you can do Void Ark and the first 2 Alexander raids. With the first timer bonus, those will net you a decent amount of Tomestones and there's a chance that you'll snag yourself a drop or two from them to help bump it up further. If you get it to 205 you can also do the Weeping City of Mhach, which drops ilevel 230 gear. Even if you don't get 230 drops, you can use the Penny you get for completing it towards upgrading the Tomestone gear you already have.

If you're rolling in Gil you can also just outright buy iLevel 250 crafted gear from the AH. Or ask friends/your FC if anyone can craft the items you need. It's a fast, if expensive, way to quickly fix your iLevel.

how much is crafted gear usually? I only got 1.2m gil

15+ Year Old Account
    how much is crafted gear usually? I only got 1.2m gil
    Depends on your server but on Balmung a full set for caster is around 1.7mil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should i save Centurio seals from Hunts or is it safe to buy a ilvl 200 set from the vendor? Seems like a super easy way to bump up gear Level even if ill replace it later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Should i save Centurio seals from Hunts or is it safe to buy a ilvl 200 set from the vendor? Seems like a super easy way to bump up gear Level even if ill replace it later.
    Go for it. There's not much reason to save centurio seals, as you're right. It is a super easy way to get your ilvl up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    my server is 900k JUST FOR THE HELM

god damn

10+ Year Old Account

god damn
    1.5 mil for the chest piece and between 800k to 1.2 for the rest here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely.. got my healer geared and now that we've our group back together and first raid evening of 2017 planned..

..I'm asked to go back to DPS.

What a full 250 set including accessories and HQ? No bloody way. On Odin it's at least 5 mil just for left side. If so fuck it I'm coming Balmung or making an alt there.

Go for it. There's not much reason to save centurio seals, as you're right. It is a super easy way to get your ilvl up.
    They can also be used to purchase Legendary Hunt Logs, which allow non-savage raiders to upgrade their 260 scripture gear to 270.

That said, that may or may not be relevant to the poster you replied to, see that ilvl 200 gear is a pretty nice boost for a fresh 60.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What a full 250 set including accessories and HQ? No bloody way. On Odin it's at least 5 mil just for left side. If so fuck it I'm coming Balmung or making an alt there.
    I haven't checked prices in a bit, personally, but that figure isn't far off the mark. Right side stuff was going from 200-250k each, with left side stuff being closer to 400k. So yeah, ballpark of 2-2.5 mil for everything but a weapon (which is easy enough to obtain from PotD). Balmung is a buyer's market by a long shot due to the massive population.

god damn
    Honestly its not worth it anyway. better gear drops for free or can be bought via tomestones. The easiest way is get a padjali weapon from deep dungeon and just run the void ark raids and dungeons. Hunt stuff is okay but its all really just until you get the lore for the eikon gear to get into the current stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh, well not completely full set my bad. Totally forgot to look at accessories! That was just right side, and NQ but HQ isn't too much higher actually. But yeah, Balmung most stuff is incredibly cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    They can also be used to purchase Legendary Hunt Logs, which allow non-savage raiders to upgrade their 260 scripture gear to 270.

That said, that may or may not be relevant to the poster you replied to, see that ilvl 200 gear is a pretty nice boost for a fresh 60.
    Well, you can do the Mhachi raids to upgrade to 270 now so I'd say they're better of using it for 200 gear for the ilvl boost.