Thread: Rip WoD Warlock

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Rip WoD Warlock

So legion is underway and i would like to just say. warlock has had its day.

Bring back WoD warlock!

All 3 specs imo are utter trash compared to WoD. (i was 12/13 mythic on my warlock)

I dumped my warlock as soon as the pre-legion patch hit. I have since mained resto shaman and i admit i have played my warlock to 110 and 870 i lvl.

All three specs imo are utter dog. Destro was amazing as well as affliction back in WoD. Fun to play. Massive damage. so much more variety.

in legion it is awful everything useful about a warlock is now placed into talents were you have to choose spells which should be part of your arsenal.

Chaos bolt one of my favourite spells in the game hits like a wet noodle now.

the only change i like is the new Havoc Talent. Which isnt viable on most fights.

im so unhappy about these changes and so bitter about them. is anyone else?

Is there any reasonable changes coming in 7.2?

I love warlock and really miss playing the class, but i feel warlock got completely crapped on a left to die this expansion.. anyone else agree with me?

Who is still playing or maining warlock this expansion from WoD?

Loved WoD lock. Quit playing WoW because of class design a few months ago.

Still keeping upto date with the latest patch notes but don't think i'll end up coming back unless something big changes.

WoD lock as in...charred remains for destro? ;_;

Deleted
    I still play, but yeah Warlock has in every way deteriorated. Terrible design decisions, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Suo View Post

Bring back WoD warlock!

All 3 specs imo are utter trash compared to WoD. (i was 12/13 mythic on my warlock)

I dumped my warlock as soon as the pre-legion patch hit. I have since mained resto shaman and i admit i have played my warlock to 110 and 870 i lvl.

All three specs imo are utter dog. Destro was amazing as well as affliction back in WoD. Fun to play. Massive damage. so much more variety.

in legion it is awful everything useful about a warlock is now placed into talents were you have to choose spells which should be part of your arsenal.

the only change i like is the new Havoc Talent. Which isnt viable on most fights.

I love warlock and really miss playing the class, but i feel warlock got completely crapped on a left to die this expansion.. anyone else agree with me?

Feels crappy, but atleast it's super strong dmg wise.

I expect nothing to come until next expansion now sadly. I feel if they cared enough about the current state or warlock then we would have seen some significant changes by now that are actually positive changes. I think they may tweak numbers and stuff, but changing the specs mechanically won't happen until next expansion most likely. I wouldn't expect many of the previously baseline abilities to be made baseline again also, Blizz really likes pruning away class flavour.

Of course I hope I'm wrong, would be nice to be wrong in this situation.

wod warlock would have been great without lvl 100 talents, I guess than you'd have mostly mopwarlock

I will never understand the obsession for wod aff by some ppl, its was legit 4 timers to refresh(3dots and SB:Haunt) and a filler

Quote Originally Posted by Suo View Post

Bring back WoD warlock!

I'll never dump warlock, I love the class. I make it work, I am not interested in chasing fotm because blizz flips a switch and the new character you have invested so much in (and in legion you have to invest in a main) is back to being shit. Good luck trying to keep up with Blizz's patches.

You must not of played in MOP because MoP was when Warlock was a rolling death cannon, #1 in dps and could cast while moving. It was broken as shit but it was the height f Warlockery.

Frankly we didn't need another warlock whine thread.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    wod warlock would have been great without lvl 100 talents, I guess than you'd have mostly mopwarlock

I will never understand the obsession for wod aff by some ppl, its was legit 4 timers to refresh(3dots and SB:Haunt) and a filler
    People love easy, make something harder and tears will flow, because the people who weren't good enough to play a more difficult spec, are now stuck with something they didn't sign up for. Not saying this is how it is for warlocks. Just a general statement, hunters are also a good example of this.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly I just miss the old Demo. Metamorphosis was fun as hell. It feels like a bait and switch, taking it away and giving it to a another class.

I have no major issues with the current Affliction or Destro though. There are things I could nitpick (soul generation on single target, etc,) but overall I'm pretty satisfied.

I don't miss WoD demo to be honest. With the current demo I guess ive just played/raided with it enough to enjoy it.

Pretty sure that's why some people liked it.

I miss Wod Destro.. have not enjoyed Legion destro at all. Demo I like a lot, but I loved the Wod Demo much much more.

But......I've never had as much fun with aff as I have been since the 7.1.5 changes hit. Great burst, great sustained, not dependant on cooldowns, greta aoe, single target, multi target... its just such a well rounded spec right now and very enjoyable to play.

I mean, besides aoe we're practically playing wod destro with the asinine amount of shards we generate.

Bring back mop destro CB dmg to generation ratio plis.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Pretty sure that's why some people liked it.
    No ppl liked it cause of snapshotting.

Warlock is the class which got the least attention imo, both destro and affli were a wreck at the start of Legion and it took months for them to fix. it's still shit dps compared to what other classes can pull, with lots of AOE and CC. İts so hard to find a group for mythic + even as a highly geared one. At the start of legion I picked demo because it at least could pull its weight on raid bosses. But its exteremely Legendary dependant. I am sitting at 920 wep ilvl and a 898 wep ilvl pala can rip a hole in a mythic 13+ easy and double the dps which I pull on non-tyrannical. Affli is good right now but people doing mythic + want CC so you get insta-eliminated in premade queues.

WoD Aff best Aff
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I Miss Destro Burning Embers. The fire aura effect was amazing.
    But gameplay wisely i liked Cataclysm Destro, it was very hard to play because you needed to keep a buff up and so.

Demonology is alot better and feels much more like Demonology in Legion. However, in such amazing Universe that have like alot of different Demons. We are stuck at Imp enslaving.
    i do like the mechanics in general, Dreadstalkers makes me feel like playing a pet character in Samurai Showdown. Thal'kiel is pretty awesome.

I don't really like Demonology that much, but i like the design and what they are trying to make, even if its not better as i wanted.

About affliction, well I liked affliction more when it was about DoT Swapping on fights. Cataclysm had the perfect affliction. Soul Swap was awesome. Level 100 talents are actually pretty Meh for level 100 talents. but still Affliction isn't that bad in Legion, probably the best Lock spec and most unchanged.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

I love the current demonology and affliction but destro is feel like a cheap copy to a mage fire with the spell to cleave to targets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Soul Swap in MoP was funny