On our mythic spellblade kill it did 14.72 million healing for me, 6.19% of my healing. I did disconnect on this kill for ~30 seconds so it would be slightly less percentage wise, but still pretty strong especially given that it is an absorb.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    and still weaker than an equal ilvl stat stick if you're doing 650k+ hps (getting weaker and weaker vs a stat stick as you do more and more hps)
    Well, the map is technically a stat stick too
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

this may have been brought up at an earlier date but Does anyone else feel as tho the devs screwed us on the ability of our artifact weapon i have 3 other 110 and all of there artifact specials are awesome and provide a significant boost. and we get a 2 sec cast stackable hot that serves virtually no purpose in what we do as raid healers. and doesnt come off fast enough to save anyone if shit is really hitting the fan.. or am i being a cry baby.. thoughts..

Quote Originally Posted by monklock View Post
    this may have been brought up at an earlier date but Does anyone else feel as tho the devs screwed us on the ability of our artifact weapon i have 3 other 110 and all of there artifact specials are awesome and provide a significant boost. and we get a 2 sec cast stackable hot that serves virtually no purpose in what we do as raid healers. and doesnt come off fast enough to save anyone if shit is really hitting the fan.. or am i being a cry baby.. thoughts..
    I am gearing up my shaman alt, because we have no bloodlust/heroism. I miss the MWer artifact. I like the flexibility. It can be a free Effuse, or a 2 minute cooldown Lay on Hands. I have had it crit for 2+ million.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Good to know. I got cake on Normal, and I was looking to replace my Cocoon. I will use cake!
    Plus when you throw it down, you get to shout "Let them eat cake!!!"
    -------------
    "Legs in the air like I just don't care!"
    Mist It Like You Mean It (Mistweaver Blog)

Quote Originally Posted by monklock View Post
    It is pretty useful in mythic+

Problem in raids is usually by the time the cast is off, the targer is already full health.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    I am gearing up my shaman alt, because we have no bloodlust/heroism. I miss the MWer artifact. I like the flexibility. It can be a free Effuse, or a 2 minute cooldown Lay on Hands. I have had it crit for 2+ million.

A 2 minute cooldown lay on hands? Not even close. Lay on Hands is instant and an equally geared Pala/Monk the Lay on Hands will heal for more - even if our artifact ability crits with enveloping mist buff... so.. no.

I usually just pump it into the tank at around 4-6 stacks, as a sort of SooM activator / free effuse style cast, since they have consistent damage and it does little enough healing that it isn't likely to overheal.

Deleted
    In fights where SG is consistently sniped you don't need it anyway. The more demanding and longer the fight, the more I find myself using it.
    However - I really, really want it to be a channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    In fights where SG is consistently sniped you don't need it anyway. The more demanding and longer the fight, the more I find myself using it.
    However - I really, really want it to be a channel.
    Makes (at least :P) two of us. It even fits the theme of Mistweaver better imho to have it work that way. Sort of a more concentrated soothing mist.

Give it a 2s channel that ticks one mist every 2/X seconds where X is the current number of mists out. More mists, quicker (and more) healing until you consume them all or drop the channel which would leave the remaining mists for later; it would then flow into soothing mists right after more thematically to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithulhu View Post
    Makes (at least :P) two of us. It even fits the theme of Mistweaver better imho to have it work that way. Sort of a more concentrated soothing mist.

Give it a 2s channel that ticks one mist every 2/X seconds where X is the current number of mists out. More mists, quicker (and more) healing until you consume them all or drop the channel which would leave the remaining mists for later; it would then flow into soothing mists right after more thematically to.
    That, admittedly, would be awesome design. I would argue that SooM should only follow the cast given that the full 2 second SG channel was cast.

i just use SG on myself as an emergency heal. i know when im taking damage and how much so it's very easy to predict and drastically reduce the amount of overhealing from it.

that may seem super scumbaggy (it is) but honestly the ability is garbage and i'd rather not use it at all.

i just use SG on myself as an emergency heal. i know when im taking damage and how much so it's very easy to predict and drastically reduce the amount of overhealing from it.

that may seem super scumbaggy (it is) but honestly the ability is garbage and i'd rather not use it at all.
    ususally if you are taking damage that is gonna kill you you're standing in bad, which means you need to be moving, by the time you move and 1.8sec has passed someone else has already healed you to full hp.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    ususally if you are taking damage that is gonna kill you you're standing in bad, which means you need to be moving, by the time you move and 1.8sec has passed someone else has already healed you to full hp.
    Icy ejection
    Fel ejection
    Toxic slice
    Toxic spores
    Plasma spheres
    Controlled chaos
    Parasitic fetter
    Frostbitten
    Time release
    Soul siphon
    Carrion plague
    Brand of argus
    Slam/krosus orb
    Fel nova
    Witness the void
    Void burst
    Time bomb
    Elisande mechanics (too many to name)

Yep. You only take dmg when you stand in bad stuff :thinking:

Icy ejection
    Fel ejection
    Toxic slice
    Toxic spores
    Plasma spheres
    Controlled chaos
    Parasitic fetter
    Frostbitten
    Time release
    Soul siphon
    Carrion plague
    Brand of argus
    Slam/krosus orb
    Fel nova
    Witness the void
    Void burst
    Time bomb
    Elisande mechanics (too many to name)

Yep. You only take dmg when you stand in bad stuff :thinking:
    And this is why blizzard will never take mw's seriously, legitimate concerns are sidestepped with comments that amount to "play better" or "you're not doing it right" the spell sucks period, I think i went my whole 13min guldan kill without casting it once.

oh my bad, 2 casts.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

i said the spell is garbage, it's just that i don't care that the spell is garbage because MW is pretty good atm in NH.

bigger concerns are QoL UT concerns and t90 row being complete garbage imo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    And this is why blizzard will never take mw's seriously, legitimate concerns are sidestepped with comments that amount to "play better" or "you're not doing it right" the spell sucks period, I think i went my whole 13min guldan kill without casting it once.

oh my bad, 2 casts.
    Oh. looks mastery still crap.

I really struggled on chromatic anomaly tonight, anyone have any tips on mythic? we killed it but I was getting outclassed by our rdruid/rshaman/dpriest I even went so far as to even use rjw and then sotc during low damage to get mana back.
    Mistweaver Monk |

Difficult without logs. The main issue I had when progressing, was getting the movement right. As soon as you start pre-moving properly and setting up transcendance, you'll do better (at least it helped me a lot).
    Using Sheilun's Gift often for Time release helps with mana. During fast time, depending on how well other healers do on Time Release, don't hesitate to use EnvM on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delek View Post
    Difficult without logs. The main issue I had when progressing, was getting the movement right. As soon as you start pre-moving properly and setting up transcendance, you'll do better (at least it helped me a lot).
    Using Sheilun's Gift often for Time release helps with mana. During fast time, depending on how well other healers do on Time Release, don't hesitate to use EnvM on it.
    my guild uses private logs, anyway i can export them?
    Mistweaver Monk |