Page 35 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Last post on this subject. No free willed undead paladins have existed. Argent undead are just warriors, the horseman was controlled by Arthas and was desperate to die. Scarlets were fully controlled by Balnazzar. With that back to 7.2.
    Must feel bad to be wrong.

And yes, back to 7.2

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    If the alliance gets night elf paladins at some point Horde better get forsaken.

There is precedent for it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    The Horde already has the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    The Horde already has the Forsaken.
    ...Forsaken Paladins. Srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    ...Forsaken Paladins. Srsly.
    I'm just messing with you xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Blizzard technically fucks up lore all the time, it could actually be something they've said. For example when they said that Outlands is the same as the Twisting Nether, yet we kill Socrethar there, and yet he's still alive in Draenor.
    That was a different Socrethar. The one on Outland died, because Outland is in the Twisting Nether. FML it's like no one paid attention during WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Im well aware. Thats why i made the comment i did.

Since i own about two dozen medieval weapons, including a pair of swords that are bigger than me (a Swiss Landschnekt greatsword, about 6'9" long - weighs less than 7lbs (and is on the very heavy side for even a greatsword - used to break pikes), and an Italian mercenary greatsword (c. 1540s) - about 6'2" and ~5lbs), ive got a very good grip in how much weapons weigh. Hell, the heaviest weapon i own (German Halberd) is only 9 lbs, and thats a 7/8" thick hardened ash haft with a 2 ft Halberd head and a heavy iron buttspike, and steel langettes extending 3ft down the haft.

People always overestimate how much swords weigh. Most one handed swords are less than 3lbs (closer to 2lbs for most arming swords used by infantry). Even "mass weapons" like maces and warhammers arent much heavier. If they were, you couldnt fight with them. Similarly, people think armor is a lot heavier than it really is.

Even taking into account the obvious artistic license of Warcraft's art style (blades far wider than real wepons, for instance), a sword like The Ashbringer MIGHT weigh 15-20lbs, probably less.
    very wrong. wrong information is not justified or challenged because you say well i own them so i know. you own replicas of these items. wont argue as you are so misinformed and any reply will be long and tedious filled with misinformation.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-01-31 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Swords don't weigh as much as you'd think. A simple google search reveals as much.
    http://www.thearma.org/essays/2HGS.html#.WJB78uQiy70

You could argue that WoW swords aren't built like real swords, which are build to be thin.

But if we get into that, you also need to acknowledge that WoW has less gravity than earth, with winged animals needing very tiny wings to fly, people in full plate leaping their own height into the air, and falls that being survivable that should kill you four times over, on earth.

I've made an album with the stuff from the Broken Shore base. I've managed to check all of the class variations there with the exception of warrior, rogue and hunter ones. But luckily there is quite a lot of screenshots of warrior and rogue versions. But no hunter ones.

Warriors have Valajrar, val'kyr and a storm drake.

Hunters - dunno.

Rogues have pirates with cannons, hobgoblins, alchemists poisoning demons and a zeppelin.

Warlocks summon giant infernals, imps and doomguards. And torture inquisitors.

Mages turn cultists into sheeps, summon mana elementals and do mage stuff with mana food, books and magic spheres.

Priests have priests of Elune with a pillar of light, Light shield that summons lightspawn and... a Void shield. It looks empty - just a pandaren named Kurare and void priests chanting stuff inside of it. But if you go inside - you'll get into a shadow realm and the voidspawn that they summon will become visible. Just as lots of giant tendrils everywhere.

Shamans summon lots and lots of unbound elementals. And use fire totems for turrets.

Druids have hippogryphs, faerie dragons, treants, ancient protectors throwing giant rocks, wisps, dryads and keepers of the grove.

Monks drink beer, meditate and train. That's all.

Paladins have lots of cavalry and some Light stuff.

Death knights summon ghouls and geists from a big pile of corpses. They also have gargoyles and giant fleshbeasts throwing rocks. They also use deathgate spell to summon reinforcements.

Demon hunters have felbat riders, shivarra, Naga and Broken forces. Shivarra act as summoners for the reinforcements. And there are a lot of imprisoned demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    very wrong. wrong information is not justified or challenged because you say well i own them so i know. you own replicas of these items. wont argue as you are so misinformed and any reply will be long and tedious filled with misinformation.

Infracted.
    Uh... actually, both greatswords i listed are period pieces. Halberd too. So are four of my other swords (a pair of Schiavonna, c. ~1560-1590, both Italian. One with a brass basket, one with blackened/blued steel basket, a c. 1350-1390s arming sword (Oakeshotte type XVI) and a late Reniassance small sword). I collect.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Are we planet busters?
    no, and i don't consider illidan one either. the way illidan destroyed nathreza was pulling it to pieces with portals.

i would consider a planet buster as someone using their own power to shoot a beam at a planet and blow it up.

but, if you consider that a planet buster, then maybe the player warlock is too. she/he has the staff, and they probably knows some portal rituals. maybe she could tear azeroth apart if she wanted to.

^ In additional to above post, Illidan didn't even destroy Nathreza. At least, it wasn't stated so in the book. The planet bursting came from the fan summary before the book was released and wasn't 100% correct (probably unintentionally). The explosion was only described to be strong enough to destroy a continent ("The gateway
    unraveled in a furious discharge of energy, all the backblast directed into the nathrezim homeworld. It was his final gift to them, a surge of explosive energy that could tear apart a continent. He prayed that on the other side of the gate, the dreadlord commanders were assembled.").
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    ^ In additional to above post, Illidan didn't even destroy Nathreza. At least, it wasn't stated so in the book. The planet bursting came from the fan summary before the book was released and wasn't 100% correct (probably unintentionally). The explosion was only described to be strong enough to destroy a continent ("The gateway
    unraveled in a furious discharge of energy, all the backblast directed into the nathrezim homeworld. It was his final gift to them, a surge of explosive energy that could tear apart a continent. He prayed that on the other side of the gate, the dreadlord commanders were assembled.").
    Didn't Illidan had a confrontation with a legion commander later on, who was amused that he had managed to blow it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Didn't Illidan had a confrontation with a legion commander later on, who was amused that he had managed to blow it up?
    If it was Kruul, he wasn't saying that Illidan destroyed Nathreza entirely. Illidan mocked if Kruul came to get vengeance for the doom he caused on the Nathrezim's home world, and Kruul laughed about that, referring to it as "Destruction wreaked upon the destroyers". I think it can be interpreted both ways (both a devastating explosion on Nathreza that destroyed a large part of it and an explosion that destroyed the planet in its entirely).

Edit: although, admittedly now that I re-read the book again to check, right below the paragraph contained the description from the narrator that the explosion was "a surge of explosive energy that could tear apart a continent", Illidan was thinking that "If his calculations were correct, he had shattered Nathreza as Ner’zhul’s magic had shattered Draenor". If Illidan wasn't wrong, then Nathreza should have been shattered like Outland. I'm not too sure now - was Illidan correct? Was he mistaken and the explosion was only as powerful as the narrator described? Or was Nathreza so brittle that it shattered with just the force capable of destroying a continent?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-31 at 08:25 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the stuff coming today (or tomorrow)

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3225835#post-1

This week marks our first major content push to the Patch 7.2 PTR. There’s a lot to dig into, so we’d like to provide some additional insight into what you will (and won’t) find in this update.

Most of the Broken Shore content has been unlocked, starting with the introductory quest chain. You can pick that up just by heading to Dalaran – it’ll be automatically pushed to your quest log when you arrive. That quest will lead you to the rest of the Broken Shore content available in this build, including the new World Quests, the continuation of your Order Hall Campaign, unlocking the new 7.2 Artifact Traits, and several other things to discover around the island (such as new treasures and rare enemies).

Note that, while the quest chains to unlock the new Artifact Traits aren’t fully unique to each specialization, we did make sure that none of them are repeated within a class. That means there will be a total of 7 unique chains, all of which are ready for testing in this build – 1 for tank specs, 2 for healing specs, and 4 for DPS specs. So, if you’re playing a Rogue, you’ll have a different series of quests to upgrade your Assassination, Outlaw, and Subtlety Artifacts, but one of those will be the same as what you’d experience as, say, a Fury Warrior.

Also available for testing in this week’s update is a new PvP Brawl (Gravity Lapse), some updates to the reputation system that allow you to earn additional rewards past Exalted, new Order Hall upgrades to research, and additional followers to recruit.

There’s a couple things related to the Broken Shore content to keep in mind while testing it on the PTR:
    The Legionfall faction is available, but the rewards are not yet implemented. You’ll be able to earn reputation, but there’s no quartermaster to purchase items from yet.
    Many of the item rewards from killing mobs or completing quests are still a work in progress. Some things might be missing their rewards entirely.
    The final Broken Shore zone will include a region-wide, cross-faction effort to construct buildings to fight against the Legion’s stronghold. For the purpose of testing on the PTR (which has a much smaller number of players), we’ve reduced how much it takes to construct those buildings.

Other important content that’s coming in Patch 7.2 but is not yet available for testing includes:
    The Broken Shore World Bosses
    Class Mounts
    Flying
    The Tomb of Sargeras raid and Cathedral of Eternal Night dungeon

We’ll be unlocking that content for testing in future updates as 7.2 development continues. For the time being, we’re looking forward to reading your feedback on everything we’re enabling in this week’s build. Thanks, and happy testing!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Broken Shore will appear now, and I hope it's a good place to be in. <3 Really didn't like Tanaan Jungle.

Hoping too we get a quest in which it's a flashback to see Maiev, Naisha, and her Watchers on the Broken Shore before to see on what the place looked like.
    Still too I think Drak'thul should appear in the Legionfall base camp to offer some quests.
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2017-01-31 at 09:05 PM.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Magatha... who got Cairne killed using Garrosh by poisoning his axe... as a follower.

This is so stupid there really is no way they can justify her as a follower. She better be in chains in the shaman class hall...
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    That was a different Socrethar. The one on Outland died, because Outland is in the Twisting Nether. FML it's like no one paid attention during WoD.
    Actually the socrentar in outland didn't die because outland is not yet emerged in the nether, but the demons can infiltrate among the draenei and sabotage them in many timelines but in hellfire he die permanently like mannoroth and maybe Zakuun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Magatha... who got Cairne killed using Garrosh by poisoning his axe... as a follower.

This is so stupid there really is no way they can justify her as a follower. She better be in chains in the shaman class hall...
    You know what sucks too?
    My Shaman in WoW is a Tauren Male so I cared a lot for the Tauren and their leaders.
    I just can't stand that Grimtotem b....h!

By the way shouldn't it make more sense to have http://wow.gamepedia.com/Jevan_Grimtotem as a follower?
    I still want my good Grimtotems in the Horde too. Been wanting to paint my Tauren in War Paint.
    Also the other faction can get Battle Paint.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    You're an idiot obviously, demons from our timeline came to the timeline of WoD. Which was an alternate dimension. They specifically said demons transcend reality unless killed in the nether in which case they are dead for good. The WoD story has nothing to do with the fact that once a Demon dies in the nether a new one can't take his place. That would cause all kinds of convoluted plots where Archimonde could be a raid boss a hundred times and it could be a hundred more.

Meanwhile in Halls of Valor in 7.2 Odyn is pulling another dick move

http://imgur.com/a/7KF9i

I didn't even see that coming