Poll: Is this build good?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Thought I would switch from MG due to starvation issues but BoS turned out even worse for me... Maybe a little more practice with it btw have you guys seen the posts about Frost starving since the patch?

Re bos build

Ive tried the mg build with remorseless winter and RA and my 5 minute target dummy tests are about 10% behind.

That being said BoS is a lot harder to play well. If you're not keeping it up for over 45 seconds with one hrw you need to keep working at it.

Can someone link a really good mg build that is being used in 7.1.5? Kind of wanna test it out.

Good/Bad is wrong for this poll.
    Should be
    1. Bad / not using it
    2. Bad / using it for pure output anyway
    3. Good

Deleted
    It's fun to play its output is high. If your playing old frost specs your suboptimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a troll thread or is everyone in here just completely unaware?

BoS has been the better spec since the release of 7.1.5 and it was known that it would be while it was on the ptr.

YES gear helps it to work, you will have a hard time with low haste but there is no "requirement" for this build. The only damage legendary I have is the helm and I can sustain my BoS for 45-55s.

For once frost has a spec that requires some semblance of resource management and thinking. Anyone who says it's NEEDs this or that is objectively wrong, that being said I understand if it would be awkward for some people to play or get used to so it may perform worse for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    Is this a troll thread or is everyone in here just completely unaware?

BoS has been the better spec since the release of 7.1.5 and it was known that it would be while it was on the ptr.

YES gear helps it to work, you will have a hard time with low haste but there is no "requirement" for this build. The only damage legendary I have is the helm and I can sustain my BoS for 45-55s.

For once frost has a spec that requires some semblance of resource management and thinking. Anyone who says it's NEEDs this or that is objectively wrong, that being said I understand if it would be awkward for some people to play or get used to so it may perform worse for them.

I am playing on our Mythic Progression with Frost BoS.
    For one i can say, that you dont really need legendarys to play BoS. But if you want to be competitive with Frost you need legendays. I am not speaking about legendays of the uptime of BoS, but legendays to make the spec play better.
    The illusion that many here have, is that the best Legendays for Frost right now is the Ring/Belt. But it is totally wrong.
    The best Legendays is the Helm/Belt or Helm/Wrists. The dmg HW with Freezing Fog talent is doing with the helm, will surpass anything BoS can do.
    Look at the best Dks on Mythic Progression, like 90% of them have the Helm.

I think u dont really need BoS to do very high dmg, you just need the helm, and still play OB/Ra for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanakk View Post
    For one i can say, that you dont really need legendarys to play BoS. But if you want to be competitive with Frost you need legendays. I am not speaking about legendays of the uptime of BoS, but legendays to make the spec play better.
    The illusion that many here have, is that the best Legendays for Frost right now is the Ring/Belt. But it is totally wrong.
    The best Legendays is the Helm/Belt or Helm/Wrists. The dmg HW with Freezing Fog talent is doing with the helm, will surpass anything BoS can do.

I think u dont really need BoS to do very high dmg, you just need the helm, and still play OB/Ra for example.
    Depends on fight which ones are better. Most fights ring/belt are better . High cleave helm/whatever is better ( botanist, spellblade)

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Might feel good, but with 4pc a BoS build is more than 10% ahead.
    In fact properly played BoS DKs might very well be the top melee ingame right now, even ahead of DHs.
    They actually ARE. Check the logs, even in Mythic NH DKs top the charts. It is actually the very first time since like midCata that you can see a lot of FDKs in top 200 DPS on many bosses; in some cases, an FDK is like 8-10% ahead of the 2nd best DPS player (no ilvl filtering).
    And you know what? I don't expect anything good coming from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Note: this build takes softcaps and its required. About 18-20%crit, 25% haste. After that, dump even more to haste(top performing people got more than 35% haste)and all the rest to mastery. After the 18-20%crit, everything with haste/mastery is basicly really good(with haste being major).

AND:

You also need to get the legendary Ring. AND if you could get the helm or bracers/waist.

If you don't have the gear, this build is NOT fun(you better go with regular builds as you will perform better). But if you do, the DPS you can deal will also make the rotation more rewarding(or fun).
    That's false. BoS performs well even without the resource-generating legendaries. CoF actually suffices to get an HRW for every BoS cast. 30- 40-second BoS casts are more than sufficient for this build to outperform MG by a margin, regardless of the fight type.

Also, I believe you have to get more crit than just 18% or so. Why? Because KM procs help replenish runes (BoS is weaker at resource generation since it doesn't use IT/RA), and you get more KM procs at higher crit ratings.
    Last edited by Amalkatrazz; 2017-01-31 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keliptic View Post
    Depends on fight which ones are better. Most fights ring/belt are better . High cleave helm/whatever is better ( botanist, spellblade)
    No, just no
    The DMG with the Helm and Freezing Fog is by far surpassing everything BoS can and will do. For BoS you need perfect execution and boss sticking where with the HW/Freezing Fog you only need to time GS. You will be doing much much more Dmg with Helm+HW and Freezing Fog talent then with BoS.

Thats why people WITH or WITHOUT Helm/Ring are using the Freezing Fog talent. And with Helm you are gonna do 40% more DMG with HW... The helm is just stupidly Broken.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Can someone link a really good mg build that is being used in 7.1.5? Kind of wanna test it out.
    No one's really using MG anymore unless they just do not like the feel of BoS at all. MG hasn't really been much of a thing for a while now, outside of M+, and even then BoS probably does better now.

Deleted

This is true. I've ran BoS in M+, no dps leggos, 4 set Horn of Winter as my original talent of choice (mostly useless) and Howling blast is the highest damage output on most bosses when Breath is up for sub 30 seconds. I now choose freezing fog and try not to cap resources in between Breaths. I would imagine that on cleave fights where you need good dps in between BoS CDs the helm and wrists to be VERY powerul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalkatrazz View Post
    They actually ARE. Check the logs, even in Mythic NH DKs top the charts. It is actually the very first time since like midCata that you can see a lot of FDKs in top 200 DPS on many bosses; in some cases, an FDK is like 8-10% ahead of the 2nd best DPS player (no ilvl filtering).
    And you know what? I don't expect anything good coming from that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's false. BoS performs well even without the resource-generating legendaries. CoF actually suffices to get an HRW for every BoS cast. 30- 40-second BoS casts are more than sufficient for this build to outperform MG by a margin, regardless of the fight type.

Also, I believe you have to get more crit than just 18% or so. Why? Because KM procs help replenish runes (BoS is weaker at resource generation since it doesn't use IT/RA), and you get more KM procs at higher crit ratings.
    1)Helm because its extremly powerful with freezing fog(if nothing, it will help covering your mistakes during BoS uptime).
    2)Ring because you can line up OR use BoS on demand much better.
    3)More smooth gameplay with the stats.

All tested and proven.

Nobody is saying its mandatory, just saying that without you do aprox 50% less DPS(unless you are from the top 20 DK in the world who can outplay a guy these legendaries).

Go check out logs or posts some sims next time you want to correct me.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-31 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    No one's really using MG anymore unless they just do not like the feel of BoS at all. MG hasn't really been much of a thing for a while now, outside of M+, and even then BoS probably does better now.
    Ah ok. I guess BOS spec it is.

1)Helm because its extremly powerful with freezing fog(if nothing, it will help covering your mistakes during BoS uptime).
    2)Ring because you can line up OR use BoS on demand much better.
    3)More smooth gameplay with the stats.

All tested and proven.

Nobody is saying its mandatory, just saying that without you do aprox 50% less DPS(unless you are from the top 20 DK in the world who can outplay a guy these legendaries).

Go check out logs or posts some sims next time you want to correct me.
    There are FDKs w/o legendaries who parse above 95%. That's it. No legendary set ever will double your dps. A 10%, probably 15% - yep, that's what an appropriate set of legendaries can give you, but that's nowhere near a 50% increase.

There are FDKs w/o legendaries who parse above 95%. That's it. No legendary set ever will double your dps. A 10%, probably 15% - yep, that's what an appropriate set of legendaries can give you, but that's nowhere near a 50% increase.
    Why didn't you link them?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Why didn't you link them?
    I have absolutely no desire to do any research, so I'll link one of my own parses. I don't have those precious belts, rings, or helms. And I am nowhere close to a decent player. Some of my logs drop as low as to 60-70% (especially if I am experimenting with gear, fail to make use of fight mechanics like Elisande's time-boosters, or switch to UH, for which I have neither appropriate gear nor appropriate skill).

OK, I made a search just out of curiousity and found this log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings. An FDK made it to the 98th percentile, and his only legendary was the Blood ring. Not your precious KNW belt, not your double-HRW ring. Not even the helmet. The goddamn Blood ring. For Frost, its value is even less than that of Sephuz' Secret.

So to hell with those who say one can't get good numbers out of BoS without the legendaries. If you can't do so, legendaries won't make into a decent player anyway.
    Last edited by Amalkatrazz; 2017-01-31 at 11:04 PM.

No, just no
    The DMG with the Helm and Freezing Fog is by far surpassing everything BoS can and will do. For BoS you need perfect execution and boss sticking where with the HW/Freezing Fog you only need to time GS. You will be doing much much more Dmg with Helm+HW and Freezing Fog talent then with BoS.

Thats why people WITH or WITHOUT Helm/Ring are using the Freezing Fog talent. And with Helm you are gonna do 40% more DMG with HW... The helm is just stupidly Broken.
    Hold on. Does the damage buff you get from helm apply to bosses too? I never could get a concrete answer about this. Also, if I damage a boss with remorseless winter does the 40% damage buff stay on permanently?

Deleted
    I have absolutely no desire to do any research, so I'll link one of my own parses. I don't have those precious belts, rings, or helms. And I am nowhere close to a decent player. Some of my logs drop as low as to 60-70% (especially if I am experimenting with gear, fail to make use of fight mechanics like Elisande's time-boosters, or switch to UH, for which I have neither appropriate gear nor appropriate skill).

OK, I made a search just out of curiousity and found this log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings. An FDK made it to the 98th percentile, and his only legendary was the Blood ring. Not your precious KNW belt, not your double-HRW ring. Not even the helmet. The goddamn Blood ring. For Frost, its value is even less than that of Sephuz' Secret.

So to hell with those who say one can't get good numbers out of BoS without the legendaries. If you can't do so, legendaries won't make into a decent player anyway.
    You know what the parse is right?

That you can execute your rotation and adept it to the fight. It's a very very good thing. I give you that.

By saying the 30% damage increase from Freezing Fog and on top of that 40%(!!!)damage increase from the helm(which makes you crit for 2+MIL DAMAGE ON AVERAGE EVERY TIME WITH PILLAR), is ignoring the difference between 97 and 100% parse. The DPS difference is atleast 30% on people with and without the BiS legendaries(and we talk about top performers).

I get you mate. Im a former UH who were beating bracer crykids without having it myself. But don't play the bigball in this case, please.

OP: You simple won't make it to top, without the helm. And if you are new(seems so), it will compensate for your performance.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-02-01 at 03:45 PM.

You know what the parse is right?

That you can execute your rotation and adept it to the fight. It's a very very good thing. I give you that.

By saying the 30% damage increase from Freezing Fog and on top of that 40%(!!!)damage increase from the helm(which makes you crit for 2+MIL DAMAGE ON AVERAGE EVERY TIME WITH PILLAR), is ignoring the difference between 97 and 100% parse. The DPS difference is atleast 30% on people with and without the BiS legendaries(and we talk about top performers).

I get you mate. Im a former UH who were beating bracer crykids without having it myself. But don't play the bigball in this case, please.

OP: You simple won't make it to top, without the helm. And if you are new(seems so), it will compensate for your performance.
    Earlier you said that the legendaries make for a 50% difference, so please find out the exact increase value before you dare discuss it.