Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PSA: Weekly Quest event is BUGGED!

Currently giving a NORMAL cache, NOT a Heroic one according to the tooltip. Be sure to wait for a Heroic tooltip hotfix before doing your weekly quest and getting fucked over!

Edit: This COULD just be it not showing the difficulty modifier tooltip, but I'd rather not take any chances.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-01-31 at 08:14 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It's probably just a tooltip error. The one from my class hall mission also didn't say heroic but gave a heroic piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    It's probably just a tooltip error. The one from my class hall mission also didn't say heroic but gave a heroic piece of gear.
    I just checked on Wowhead and there's supposedly 4 caches, one for each difficulty (as intended), but NONE of them show what difficulty they are from, unlike all caches from Highmaul to Emerald Nightmare. Normal has never shown a tooltip on anything, but "Raid Finder", "Heroic", and "Mythic" always have, so idk, just seems very odd. I'd rather them at least say "hey sorry, we fucked up on the tooltips, you do indeed get a heroic piece", but that's just me.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'ts a tooltip error, just completed it and got an heroic item

Don't judge book by it's cover!

Same thing happened with my mission from the class hall, box said normal but got heroic lewts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Same thing happened with my mission from the class hall, box said normal but got heroic lewts.
    For my alt, it said normal but gave raid finder gear.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Got heroic titanforge 895 loot but was a useless ring anyway

Got 900 HWF shoulders so its working as intended and giving Heroic loot. Also it's not a tooltip problem because the cache doesn't state what version the loot is RF/N/H/M, the EN caches said what version the box is in green text on its tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the one from the command board. It didn't specify that it was heroic, and it gave me heroic loot.

Deleted
    Can it give tier?

For me personally, it has never shown the difficulty until I completed the quest and looked at the cache in my bags.

This probably has to do with how the game decides what difficulty the cache will be, which depends on how many bosses you've killed on which difficulty (much like the way gear missions would spawn in Warlords). At least that's my experience with the EN caches, which started out as LFR difficulty for me and are now Heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like they stealth hotfixed the tooltip, anyways.

When I picked up the quest this morning my reward cache also wasn't marked as heroic, but it is now when I look at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Literally impossible from Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Got 900 HWF shoulders so its working as intended and giving Heroic loot. Also it's not a tooltip problem because the cache doesn't state what version the loot is RF/N/H/M, the EN caches said what version the box is in green text on its tooltip.
    It is most likely a tooltip error. Blue post from today specifically states Heroic gear.

"Archmage Timear near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you. Or, if you forget to pick it up there, you can start it from within the Adventure Journal.
    Quest requirement: Complete 4 Legion dungeons on Mythic difficulty.
    Rewards: One loot box containing a piece of gear from Heroic difficulty Nighthold."

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    For my alt, it said normal but gave raid finder gear.
    The order hall quest is based on that character's progression in the raid. The weekly mythic dungeon quest is static.

Yeah says Heroic now. Related: Wish the mission hall quest would distinguish properly between Normal and Raidfinder...

What made you want to lie here? Just curious on what you were thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    It is most likely a tooltip error. Blue post from today specifically states Heroic gear.

"Archmage Timear near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you. Or, if you forget to pick it up there, you can start it from within the Adventure Journal.
    Quest requirement: Complete 4 Legion dungeons on Mythic difficulty.
    Rewards: One loot box containing a piece of gear from Heroic difficulty Nighthold."
    And the Cache DOESN'T say RF/N/H/M at all, if it was tooltip error it would say RF/N/M but give Heroic loot instead.

You ain't gotta lie Craig... you ain't gotta lie.