Mythic Nighthold Progression After Trilliax

Question Now that we can skip Spellblade what is the "optimal" or reccomended path of progression that most people will be taking in mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    Question Now that we can skip Spellblade what is the "optimal" or reccomended path of progression that most people will be taking in mythic.
    Skorp, Chrom, Trill, Krosus, Spell, Botanist, Tich, Star, Ellis,Gul'dan. IMO atleast.

Our RL decided to take us to Botanist after Trilliax. Might be not the best idea, but we got to P3 quite fast in one night.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Personally found Mythic Botanist to be far easier than Krosus/Tich/Spellblade. Doesn't really require a lot of DPS or even amazing mechanics, just copy the strats in the released videos and you too can kill it in under 10 pulls.

Deleted
    tichondrius is easier than botanist

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HonneurVilified View Post
    Personally found Mythic Botanist to be far easier than Krosus/Tich/Spellblade. Doesn't really require a lot of DPS or even amazing mechanics, just copy the strats in the released videos and you too can kill it in under 10 pulls.
    Is Krosus just a massive dps check like Butcher?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Is Krosus just a massive dps check like Butcher?
    Mainly a DPS check, yeah, though if your raid is lazy and you don't soak adds properly they will probably kill you. With an extra week of heroic/mythic gear, he'll probably be doable for guilds just reaching the upper part of the raid.

How do you skip Spellblade?

Quote Originally Posted by spotify View Post
    You walk around it.

Krosus is all down to your output. Our hpally was underperforming and we had a warrior tank, so we made a mistake going for it despite having the damage to do it, and it took awhile (and a character swap to his alt for the tank) before we killed it, but it's really a VERY simple encounter as long as you've got the numbers. Your dps just needs to understand that each add unsoaked is much worse than stepping out of range of the boss to soak, and push the adds as far to the front as possible so melee can help lock them down/cleave them. Fix that and it's down to numbers.

Next goal is Botanist->spellblade->tich for us.

Quote Originally Posted by spotify View Post
    You just run past her :O Either to left (botan), right (tich) or forward (krosass).

In my 3day raiding guild - Krosus is pain in the a. Next reset we going to give a few more tryes on him and switching to botanist/tich or even auriel.

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Last time I was there the doors were closed before killing her. Glad to know they changed it.

Personal Opinion for Ease of Bosses (Easiest To hardest):

Botanist > Krosus=Tich > Spellblade

I could even say Botanist=Krosus=Tich. Those 3 are all very close to equal.

Enjoyment of boss fight (From fun to "god why is this a boss fight." Aka did they really make a 2nd Iron Maidens 2 tiers later?):

Tich > Spellblade > Krosus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Botanist.

Botanist is definitely the easiest 4th boss to kill, but the pulls are actually mind numbing. It suffers from the Iron Maidens 2.0 problem where the fight is 8+ minutes long and the first 6+ minutes mean absolutely nothing. For most guilds it is a sub 30 pull boss (albeit those pulls take 3ish hours), whereas most of the other bosses fall in the 40-60 pull range.
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2017-02-01 at 12:02 AM.

If I were to choose again i'd probably go:
    Krosus with vantus -> botanist -> tich -> spellblade
    botanist is a fucking joke and I only put krosus in front because of tier.(and maybe fight length on botanist)
    Spellblade is the hardest boss of those 4 mechanic wise while also having some kind of dps requirement, people who are still doing her first are simply blind in my opinion.
    Tichondrius is also kind of a tough dps check but once people manage to do serenity's strat that won't be an issue anymore so he becomes more of a mechanic fight again.

I mean, from a statistical perspective....

Courtesy of wowprogress.

krosus is the easiest fight if you can swing the gearcheck, which lots of higher end guilds can do because they've been farming m+ aggressively

for more 'casual' groups with limited schedules (i.e. my raid) it does seem like botanist might be a better choice, though I know leadership wants to give krosus the old college try this week

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retributive View Post
    I mean, from a statistical perspective....

Courtesy of wowprogress.
    Honestly wowprogress for the people who this thread largely concerns (i.e people looking for what boss to do after Trilliax) isn't really a good guide to go by if you just go by stats.

Why? Well, people generally associate heroic difficulty with mythic difficulty, so somebody going into Mythic would probably naturally think that Spellblade is easy, Krosus is easy, and Botanist/Tichondrius are very hard. I know we initially thought that. Purely by mechanics Krosus would seem to be the 'easiest' of all of those listed, but I don't really think that's the truth. Mechanically he is very easy, it's just for most guilds (those that aren't 5/10 or beyond) it's probably going to be one of the harder bosses for another couple weeks. Why? Because guilds closer to the top not only have better players, and rosters that would more easily make such a check (from a class perspective) but they also generally do splits or more splits. In another week or two he will probably be the easiest boss though.

I think people naturally go for Spellblade because she physically is the fourth boss you meet in the instance, and peoples minds naturally go towards that boss. As stated above, I think people fall into the trap that Krosus is 'easy' because he has barely any mechanics, and the changes on Mythic are barely changed. Tichondrius and Botanist were harder on heroic, are farther out of the way and seemingly have a lot more going on, thus people get intimidated and don't consider them easy at all.

It's obvious Star Augur is an anomaly, and personally it's probably going to be changed in the next week or two if more kills don't pop up. I think it's fine to have an instance with 5 different bosses to choose from after the first three. One of them has to be the hardest, and that's fine, but comparing any of the 4 that are traditionally being discussed in this thread to him is pretty crazy. It's cool he's the hardest, but he might as well require you to kill the other 4 before daring to go up and even gaze upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You walk around it.

Krosus is all down to your output. Our hpally was underperforming and we had a warrior tank, so we made a mistake going for it despite having the damage to do it, and it took awhile (and a character swap to his alt for the tank) before we killed it, but it's really a VERY simple encounter as long as you've got the numbers. Your dps just needs to understand that each add unsoaked is much worse than stepping out of range of the boss to soak, and push the adds as far to the front as possible so melee can help lock them down/cleave them. Fix that and it's down to numbers.

Next goal is Botanist->spellblade->tich for us.
    What's so bad about a warrior tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    They get absolutely destroyed on Krosus. Guilds that can't sub in a different tank have taken to having immunities soak the slams instead of warrior, so that the warrior can use personals just to stay alive through the ticking debuff. It. Hurts. We've "emergency-protocol" geared up our warriors druid this reset, and he killed it on his former alt (DH). Here's 2 krosus kills (and one low percent when he was on warr) to give you an example (note: The "external healing"-option is on, to show how much healing is required. Damage taken isn't exactly much different, but yea).

Warr: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...en&options=130 (that's WITH him dying, of course - so if he'd been alive for all of it, add another ~10M dmg taken).

DH: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...en&options=130

Druid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...en&options=130

Note that while the monk takes almost as much damage as the warrior, monks take it VERY STEADILY over time due to Stagger - leaving beacon etc on him keeps him alive just fine, because overhealing is minimal. Warrior, on the other hand, just fucking ping-pongs between "full health, AM OK" to "HOLY SHIT 20% PLS HEAL HELP HELP AM DEATH".

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...en&options=130
    kinda says it all aswell :P