Thread: Kalec's motives

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Kalec's motives

I think it's weird that Kalec wants to use the Heart of Zin-Ashari. He tells us that the Heart was once used to control the Well of Eternity. I think it's safe to assume that that's what Kalec is planning to use the Heart for himself. He uses us and the Moon Guard to empower the Heart and then when we're ready we get a new artifact appearance but Kalec takes the Heart with himself. The Blue Dragonflight was always against the magic but Kalec didn't seem to care. He was harboring these feelings all these years since the lost of Aviana because they all were tricked by Alextraza's consort. The sunwell was saved, but the love of his life died in the process.

Then he met Jaina. She leaves Dalaran and I don't think Kalec would just let the Kirin Tor to treat his girlfriend like that. They deviced a plan: use the Heart of Zin-Ashari to control the Well of Eternity and wreak vengeance.

Kalec was nevert to be trusted. Even Khadgar hinted at it.

Well of Eternity is gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Well of Eternity is gone.
    It's still in the Maelstorm, right? And it could be restored with the Heart of Zin-Ashari in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    It's still in the Maelstorm, right? And it could be restored with the Heart of Zin-Ashari in no time.
    No it exploded. Like... it's gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhh... do you not remember when Kalec told us to keep the Heart of Zin-Ashari, saying it has a little bit of power left to use for our own accord?

After we empowered our artifact with it, it was almost completely drained, no doubt weaker than it was originally. What use could it have for him?

No, Kalec wanted us to grow stronger since the dragons are no longer immortal and can no longer reproduce. They no longer have the power to save Azeroth, so it is up to us.

'Cause this is kinda his home, too.

Besides, the Well of Eternity is gone. Destroyed. 10,000 years ago. Not coming back. Ever. The Nightwell will die as well.
    Last edited by Shortsy; 2017-02-01 at 03:27 AM.
    * do you want to have a bad time?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    the only font of power left that can be used is the sunwell. And I doubt Kalec has anything malicious planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    I think that you are really reading too much into Kalec's character.

Being one of my favorite characters, especially among those I considered a success and which were introduced in WoW, and didn't come from the RTS games (namely Garrosh, Kalec, Nazgrim and Wrathion), I believe that what actually appeals to me regarding him is how much simplictic his character seems to be. He really strikes me as someone who just wants to live his life and help others in any way possible. I remember the first time I encountered him in Magister's Terrace, he struck me as one of those pure type adventurers, and that didn't change after I read more about him.

In essence, the way I see it is, and even with Warcraft's current direction of getting rid of dragon characters in bulks, he will be one of the few survivors because he lived the most among mortals and will always be up to the next adventure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well first, you are biased!

Also Kalec is safe cause we already have beaten the snot out of him in a raid fight.
    Haha! I surely hope that I am not sounding biased, but he really does strike me as the adventurer archetype for some reason, especially with that attire. He is the closest thing to look to a traveler bard who can use magic, so to speak.

Besides, I called him out on being a very simplistic character in writing despite saying that aspect actually is what makes him one of my favorites, in addition to being constantly involved in the lore.

I knew it! I never trusted him anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    kalec did it all for us and for azeroth. He knew it was a great fond of power that could make our Artifacts even more powerfull. Heck in the end i think the guy just wanted to go on his own quest. Ending with saying he enjoyed our adventure and wants to do it again.

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    kalec did it all for us and for azeroth. He knew it was a great fond of power that could make our Artifacts even more powerfull. Heck in the end i think the guy just wanted to go on his own quest. Ending with saying he enjoyed our adventure and wants to do it again.
    This right here thank you very much glad I am not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    He's doing it in hopes of getting a new model. That's purely it.
    Honestly, the current model fits the archetype in my head greatly.

As people have already pointed out, the Well of Eternity is gone. Good luck using an ancient relic to control something which no longer exists.

The heart is used to buff up our weapons and is almost completely drained of power the first time we do it, which is why you turn to the remnants of the Moon Guard for further assistance.

Also, Kalec going bad because the Kirin Tor disagreed with his girlfriend and she threw a tantrum, would just be stupid.

Deleted
    He always strook me as the guy who just comes in to do something and be a good guy.

Rick and Morty actually captured how i see Kalec very good;
    "Heyy, look at me... i'm mister Meeseeks!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Also, Kalec going bad because the Kirin Tor disagreed with his girlfriend and she threw a tantrum, would just be stupid.
    I know that I always enjoy mocking Jaina and crapping on that relationship, but I am being very serious when I say that the whole relationship never felt that strong to me to begin with. Yeah, sure, the circumstances on how it came to be eventually grew on me, but War Crimes made me look at it in a very different light, and when it -seemingly- ended with him actually replacing her in the Kirin Tor, it made a lot of sense to me.

Kalec is/was an Aspect above all; his charge is to protect Azeroth. The man was there in the face of the biggest threat on Azeroth helping Captain Planet and the other Planeteers against Deathwing, goddammit.

So what you're saying is that this is exactly the plot Blizzard could write?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    "Could" is a very flexible phrase. They "could" make Kalec open his own conjured mana cake shop.

In seriousness, I don't see that is as a direction Blizzard would take for some reason.

I wouldn't put it past them at this point, but I sincerely hope they don't take plot advice from random forum posters and their fan-fiction.
    Last edited by Captain Douchebag; 2017-02-01 at 09:22 AM.

I wouldn't put it past them at this point, but one can still hope.
    Inb4 Kalec and Jaina joins Sargeras and ends up being the last fight in Legion because.. Reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    "Could" is a very flexible phrase. They "could" make Kalec open his own conjured mana cake shop.

In seriousness, I don't see that is as a direction Blizzard would take for some reason.
    I don't hope so, but you never know. A Kalec turned mad by the sugar from mana cakes would make for an excellent small raid after Argus.
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

Inb4 Kalec and Jaina joins Sargeras and ends up being the last fight in Legion because.. Reasons
    Top dollar writing - 10/10

Top dollar writing - 10/10
    Blizzard should hire me for some top quality lore writing, just get me some coke and I'll be the new Chris Metzen in no time. (I'll even do voices)

OT though:
    We've already had one corrupted dragon this expansion, Kalec will atleast stay good till the next one.