Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kindling + pyrotex ignition cloth = underwhelming

So I came back after a two month break. I log in, and the first thing I do is kill a world boss and the gloves drop. At first glance, they appear very strong...

Here I thought the combo would've been worthwhile but it seems like kindling is less than optimal in comparison with the other talents. Anyone feel like pyrotex ignition cloth needs a rework so kindling becomes viable again? There's absolutely no synergy between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    There's absolutely no synergy between the two.
    Are you drunk? They both serve the same purpose. They synergize perfectly. They both reduce the cooldown of Combustion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Are you drunk? They both serve the same purpose. They synergize perfectly. They both reduce the cooldown of Combustion.
    I don't know why you're making it personal. I guess my wording could've been better. Fact is, there's very weak synergy between the two. Because of this, it doesn't justify taking kindling over the other two talents. The CD on combustion would need to drop to 1 min flat to become a viable option. As it stands, Kindling + pyrotex ignition cloth reduces combust to 1:19 seconds on average. Without the gloves and it's 1:30 seconds.

That's called weak synergy, pal...
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-01-25 at 10:53 PM.

i have those gloves ... and i combust 6 times in a fight of 6min35 sec

yeah i use it with kindling and after testing and simming ... all last 3 talents are close in dps

I don't know why you're making it personal. I guess my wording could've been better. Fact is, there's very weak synergy between the two. Because of this, it doesn't justify taking kindling over the other two talents. The CD on combustion would need to drop to 1 min flat to become a viable option. As it stands, Kindling + pyrotex ignition cloth reduces combust to 1:19 seconds on average. Without the gloves and it's 1:30 seconds.

That's called weak synergy, pal...
    You're complaint is that Kindling + gloves is a weak compared to the alternatives. That has nothing to do with the synergistic relationship between the gloves and Kindling, which since they do they exact same thing, is a strong relationship. The effect of the pair can be weak relative to the other choices and still have a strong synergistic relationship. The strength of the synergy has nothing do with how it compares to the alternatives.

What is your crit at, Kindling is all about crits, so your mileage could vary greatly with lower crit. At 60% crit it's possible to see 4 fireballs w/o a crit, I'd imagine at 40% crit it is possible to see 6. T19 2pc will help also.
    Last edited by gallamann; 2017-01-26 at 04:52 PM.

Lol them bank them and farm legendaries like the rest of us.

Kindling = Underwhelming *fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    You're complaint is that Kindling + gloves is a weak compared to the alternatives. That has nothing to do with the synergistic relationship between the gloves and Kindling, which since they do they exact same thing, is a strong relationship. The effect of the pair can be weak relative to the other choices and still have a strong synergistic relationship. The strength of the synergy has nothing do with how it compares to the alternatives.
    SMH... Whatever, mate.

Pyrotex isnt good enough to wipe our asses with.

Might've been amazing before. Now, not really.

got blinkbubble robe and these gloves rip

Pretty clear on paper how much benefit they give, you can pretty much expect a certain amount of reduction as Phoenix Reborn is pretty consistent. Since the nerf to combustion, RoP, the overall boost to our spells at all times, and the amount of adds in current fights, it's to be expected that the last three talents are close. When there's better legendaries on the table like the belt bracers and helm, some of them are going be less than BiS

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SMH... Whatever, mate.
    You should look up the definition of "synergy". You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfresh View Post
    You should look up the definition of "synergy". You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.
    Instead of making assumptions and bumping the thread to derail/shitpost, you post something constructive? Aussie scum.

synergy

the interaction of elements that when combined produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individual elements, contributions, etc.; synergism.

I already knew this despite English being my second language... Maybe learn to comprehend better? Because you're obviously having a hard time grasping the English language. I clearly stated "there's very weak synergy between the two".
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-01-31 at 04:11 AM. Reason: grammar

there's really no synergy between the two. they do the same thing. if one gave you more phoenix flames and the other made phoenix flames reduce combustion cd, that would be synergy. two items that do the same thing to differing degrees is not synergy.

I clearly stated "there's very weak synergy between the two".
    There's absolutely no synergy between the two.
    *cough cough*

And yeah, I'm fun at parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    *cough cough*

And yeah, I'm fun at parties.
    You're a muppet and a cuck. No wonder you're no fun at parties, kid.

You're a muppet and a cuck. No wonder you're no fun at parties, kid.
    So.. You're getting rude because you don't have any arguments? Okay. Have a nice day! o/
    Last edited by Rylalai; 2017-02-01 at 07:04 AM.

I don't use Pyrotech + RoP + Kindling build in raids anymore.
    Occasionally use it in Mythic+ for the extra combustions on trash/bosses in addition to RoP being stronger in Mythic+ than MI.

But in raids MI+Meteor seems to push out a lot more damage (technically cinderstorm instead of meteor if you can hit all embers).
    Last edited by Celestraza; 2017-02-01 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    I got these gloves last night, try them with meteor instead. That synergises much better as every other meteor lines up with combustion with minimal delaying.

Also need to drop MI for ROP with this config.

ROP and Meteor with these gloves Sims me approx 20k higher than any kindling or cinder combo.