Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm using HL because I go oom so fast. I tried Judgement but ppl were dying in my gcd on slow phase. I don't stack the HA and SW because I need it to get through the Add phase because they take soooo long to die. The tanks that are dying are the ones across the room from me and I'm not allowed to take Sac or Mercy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    I'm using HL because I go oom so fast. I tried Judgement but ppl were dying in my gcd on slow phase. I don't stack the HA and SW because I need it to get through the Add phase because they take soooo long to die. The tanks that are dying are the ones across the room from me and I'm not allowed to take Sac or Mercy.
    You're not allowed? I'm assuming your raid lead is a holy pally and knows how to use each of your heals? I was saying you 'were' overlapping your cds by a bit. You weren't using them at the same time, but close enough that they overlapped. If the tank across the room is dying your AM won't save him/her because it won't reach the other side. That is way further than 40 yds. Idk about your mana, but you are definitely not being efficient if you have to spam HL so much to keep up with it. Either not being efficient with FoL usage or what, but you're FoL is empowered by infusion procs so they are much more powerful and throughput efficient instead of a quicker holy light.

It's more so because he wants the damage reduction for the stack phases. He thinks that my heals are better spent as dmg reduction as we have 2 resto druids to heal everyone up. I'll try using more FoLs rather than HLs though. I'm just not sure how else to get mana back besides AT and I have to use a mana pot, no time for drinking. And that's only if someone doesn't screw up our prepots on pull. I'll try it out though, hopefully I can make it work. P.S. Thank you.

Deleted
    Armory Link: Vhorga on Eitrigg
    Warcraftlog : warcraftlogs.com/reports/NVQ9bvnqCjhdaTgm (different try on this Tichondrius HC)
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I try to understand why my Aura of Sacrifice is so low. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. And if you can tell me what i can do to upgrade my healing don't hesitate !
    Description of Playstyle: Spamming raid with flash and holy shocks, BF on tank and using Holy / flash if needed. Before activating AM, I AW and DP (I've tryed to replace DP by DS but I haven't seen any change).

PS : sorry not allowed for the moment to put some links :/

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone, looking for some help on how I can improve on my heals. Our guild is progressing through heroic Nighthold and our healer composition is myself, another holy pally, holy priest and shammy. Can't post link to my character but it's US, Mug'thol and Hanzfalio is the character.

I'm hoping to get some advice on the following:
    - Stats: How are they relative to my equipped gear? Should I be aiming to lower/increase crit or mastery?
    - Talents: Changing up my talents based on our raid healing composition as well as my currently equipped gear. I just got 2 piece last night but as you can see, still lacking in a few areas. I'm hoping to get my 4th legendary soon. My 3rd legendary is the boots. Currently equipped with Prydaz and Sephuz's.
    - Auras: the other holy pally uses mercy and I'm devo, but I'm debating on trying out sacrifice. I didn't think we should both be using mercy but I'm not entirely sure about that.
    - Artifact relics: I currently have 2 x Preserved Worldseed for holy relic - do these stack with each other or should I be looking for a new relic (preferably one with second sunrise) to replace one? Also, current life relic is Snapped Emerald Pendant. I try not to use LM very often so I feel as though this relic is a bit useless for me...
    - Any general info you can give on how to increase my hps and tips for better itemization or gear that I should be working towards.

Thanks so much!

Hey guys, so I'm here looking for some advice. I raided in HFC and did decently well in parses then, but took a break because of school. I recently came back and got back into raiding. I've been running with a guild that is progressing through heroic HFC at the moment. I'm doing extremely poorly with throughput and am looking for any helpful advice. I've looked through some of my logs and came up with a few things to work on, but was hoping to get a second opinion of sorts and see what I missed or if you guys have any generally helpful advice on how to improve.

Can't post links, so I truncated them.

Armory Link: battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Indx/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/JHFba8c29AyLfPh1/#fight=11 (Feel free to look under Indx-Mal'Ganis (US) for more as well)
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Currently, I am working on casting all of my abilities more and trying to make the most out of my cool down usage. I am still trying to learn the fights to a degree, so that's also having a negative effect on my healing. However, Beyond that it looks like a vast majority of the gap is due to gear and my artifact, but I still feel like I'm missing something that I'm doing wrong. I find it very hard to believe such a large disparity could be caused by a lack of correctly optimized gear/legendaries/AP and as such I'm probably doing something (or many things) very wrong.
    Description of Playstyle: Still trying to learn the fights and relearn how to raid. Working on using cool downs more effectively. Doing a lot of tank healing at the moment.

Deleted
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../proddo/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: None.
    Worldoflogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...3370010/latest
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Mostly looking to see what i can improve.

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Nuzio/simple
    logs Link: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17978387/latest/#metric=hps
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Feel like I'm under performing or can be doing things differently. Inisghts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Index23 View Post
    [...]
    You obviously need to use everything a lot more but considering your ilvl/legendaries/traits you won't be able to produce similar output to your other healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Index23 View Post
    Hey guys, so I'm here looking for some advice. I raided in HFC and did decently well in parses then, but took a break because of school. I recently came back and got back into raiding. I've been running with a guild that is progressing through heroic HFC at the moment. I'm doing extremely poorly with throughput and am looking for any helpful advice. I've looked through some of my logs and came up with a few things to work on, but was hoping to get a second opinion of sorts and see what I missed or if you guys have any generally helpful advice on how to improve.

Can't post links, so I truncated them.

Armory Link: battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Indx/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/JHFba8c29AyLfPh1/#fight=11 (Feel free to look under Indx-Mal'Ganis (US) for more as well)
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Currently, I am working on casting all of my abilities more and trying to make the most out of my cool down usage. I am still trying to learn the fights to a degree, so that's also having a negative effect on my healing. However, Beyond that it looks like a vast majority of the gap is due to gear and my artifact, but I still feel like I'm missing something that I'm doing wrong. I find it very hard to believe such a large disparity could be caused by a lack of correctly optimized gear/legendaries/AP and as such I'm probably doing something (or many things) very wrong.
    Description of Playstyle: Still trying to learn the fights and relearn how to raid. Working on using cool downs more effectively. Doing a lot of tank healing at the moment.
    Hey, I had a quick look at your logs and it looked like you were basically not doing too badly on those fights in terms of casting your spells.

The general idea though is that you need to free yourself from the notion of tank healing a little more. Heal more aggressively. Your cooldowns and your spells need to be targetting the low HP raid members better. I looked at one of your longer Guldan wipes and in P2 you have not been using your HA/Tyr's as aggressively as you could have, or your Holy Shock or Light of Dawn. In the 5 min period from the start of P2 (i know the whole phase was like 7 min for your raid, but I set it to compare to our last kill) you also have not used Aura Mastery once.

Generally speaking, do not sit on your cooldowns. It should be very clear to you when you will need them and you should have a plan for the encounter as to when to use your cooldowns to get most value out of them.

Throughput is a difficult thing. In your raid group, there may be a few aggressive healers. By that I mean healers who aggressively pump out the most HPS they can, bringing their mana to the limit. Now, that is a all right with me and I think having a few people with this attitude is great in a healer lineup. But it make it difficult to assess more passive healers, who maybe only have heroic raiding experience, or have raided with guilds who are not as focussed before they are trying out with us.

As a healing officer in a 2 day weekend mythic, what I am looking for in successful applicants is that they demonstrate to me that they know the encounter and have a plan on when to use their cooldowns. They also need to know when to spend most of their mana spamming the raid and when to sacrifice healing to do mechanics. This is quite difficult to spontaneously test for.

So in order to test both the throughput and the capability to react under pressure, I test new applicants in a heroic clear by going down one healer and letting them have a go at it, myself and the others checking how well they react when there is a lot of raid damage. I would of course expect my experienced healers to pick up the slack better than a new applicant, but if the new guy cannot step up and carry his weight, then everybody in the healing team can clearly see that and if people start dying then that's no good. As a recent example, a healer tried out yesterday and when we 3-healed Spellblade and two of my very experienced healers had over 600k HPS while the new guy had less than a third of that, with a sizeable amount of raid health constantly missing, I considered him less suited to raid with us.

So what I would suggest to you and any other healer struggling with throughput or questioning your place on the healing meters, is get more experience healing under pressure. Your current team may just be very good at healing all the usual incidental damage, not leaving you with much room to fully get comfortable with what you can put out when times get rough. When one of your team goes down, you really need to know what you can do and this is not something that you can pick up from reviewing logs, this has to come from experience. Plan your cooldowns, know which spell to use in what order, know the main burst phases of the encounter and do not be afraid to heal people up that 0.1 sec faster.

I hope that helped a little.
    Last edited by mmoc2a28fd6399; 2017-02-06 at 10:06 AM.

Hey, first time posting here, looking for advices for Tichondrius healing (and others if needed)!
    I consider myself decent at healing other encounters, but can't manage to get good numbers on this particular encounter, dunno why...
    Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...Leetchi/simple
    Logs link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...n6YpW#fight=22
    All thoughts are appreciated, thanks !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetchee View Post
    Hey, first time posting here, looking for advices for Tichondrius healing (and others if needed)!
    I consider myself decent at healing other encounters, but can't manage to get good numbers on this particular encounter, dunno why...
    Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...Leetchi/simple
    Logs link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...n6YpW#fight=22
    All thoughts are appreciated, thanks !
    Cast more Flash of Light, use Beacon of Faith, and stand in the melee camp. Make sure to get an Essence of th Night to regen mana, then spam some more Flash of Light. It is that easy. You seem to be doing well otherwise at Tichondrius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Cast more Flash of Light, use Beacon of Faith, and stand in the melee camp. Make sure to get an Essence of th Night to regen mana, then spam some more Flash of Light. It is that easy. You seem to be doing well otherwise at Tichondrius.
    Hello Leetchi,

Quick question as I reviewed your armory and talents, you seem to be playing with JOL Talent even if you have the legendary Belt. Only on this fight or on all the encounters?

Have you tried with AW talent to compare your numbers?

Thanks and see you IG !

Hey Blutelf, thanks for your input, will definitely try improving my flash-spamming next week and see how I do. And change my beacon too.
    @ElrilArathi: I actually change my talents on an encounter-basis, even though I eventually end up using A LOT more JoL since it can deliver a lot of heal for a little input (lazy mode), plus give a little dps boost to my raid. Moreover, the overhealing is almost non-existant, which I found pretty useful. And finally, I often found myself wasting a lot of AW potential since my healing mates have a pretty aggressive playstyle and we always try to snipe healing when we can, so the benefits of a longer AW is meh... I can totally be wrong, but I actually enjoy a lot the JoL playstyle, and it seems to fit my needs and my raid's.

I may try a different setup next week since I have to try different trinkets (got cake, etraeus, and Helya's bottle, dunno what to use) and use more AW. I'll come back to you with logs if I end up doing it though !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetchee View Post
    Hey Blutelf, thanks for your input, will definitely try improving my flash-spamming next week and see how I do. And change my beacon too.
    @ElrilArathi: I actually change my talents on an encounter-basis, even though I eventually end up using A LOT more JoL since it can deliver a lot of heal for a little input (lazy mode), plus give a little dps boost to my raid. Moreover, the overhealing is almost non-existant, which I found pretty useful. And finally, I often found myself wasting a lot of AW potential since my healing mates have a pretty aggressive playstyle and we always try to snipe healing when we can, so the benefits of a longer AW is meh... I can totally be wrong, but I actually enjoy a lot the JoL playstyle, and it seems to fit my needs and my raid's.

I may try a different setup next week since I have to try different trinkets (got cake, etraeus, and Helya's bottle, dunno what to use) and use more AW. I'll come back to you with logs if I end up doing it though !
    Thanks for this interesting feedback. I was playing with the JOL talent most of the time in the past but switch to sanctified wrath when I loot the leg belt, as I assumed this was the go to talent to leverage it. I use it a little bit like a mercy aura and pop wings as soon as a raid wide damage is applied to top players every 3 secs...
    I admit I never tried to test back JoL to compare the numbers but I will definivitely try it.

Last question to everyone: do you use LoTM more often when playing with really agressive healers? Sometime a flash heal is not fast enough to top players with my beloved mates , and with aoe healing it seems like LoTM is the only way on some part of some fights to get some numbers .

Deleted
    no. let them go oom or be faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    LotM is NOT giving you numbers. It might look pretty and nice in your skada or recount or details, but once you log it the damage you take will be removed from your total healing and it likely will be worse than you were before.

I second the LotM healing callout. For a extremely short period of time we had to raid with 2 Hpals, the other used the LotM method, while his numbers were relatively similar to mine even though he had a higher ilvl, you are essentially causing your other healers to waste mana on you. Makes your druids rejuv/monk ReM heal for more and makes them feel good, but is it better for the raid overall? No.

Good afternoon, I was hoping someone would be able to help analyze how I have been doing.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/6406 General calendar probably better to look at mythic fights or heroic fights? Not sure.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8aWBR#fight=36 5 heal heroic Guldan

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YdR1vcwJ8BjCT2hD Mythic night with progression on 2nd and third boss.

Thanks in advance be harsh please.

Hey guys,

I have a holy pally in my raid that throws good healing numbers for almost every fight however, she's only directly healing the main tank the majority of the fight with splash on some of the melee. Is this normal for most holy pallys or is there something she could do better or another way to spread her healing.

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/8vxj2LbrzgWh4Y3X#fight=6&type=healing

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moknathal/Amiable/simple