Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are these..legendaries?

These are from the latest PTR revision. Does anyone has any idea what's their purpose? It's related to the upcoming 7.2 fix for legendaries? Are we going to be able to 'target' certain legendaries?

Deleted
    Bind on account items, helps out on alts (scratch that, they're class specific). Also we're looking at a system where if a legendary item drops and you forgot to change your mainspec, you have time to change it before you identify it.

World of Diablocraft continues

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Bind on account items, helps out on alts (scratch that, they're class specific). Also we're looking at a system where if a legendary item drops and you forgot to change your mainspec, you have time to change it before you identify it.
    Thank you for clearing things up. Do you know if there are any other 'QoL' changes? As to solve the old argument "BiS DPS vs Prydaz"?

or, let the actual drop be a universal token that, when given to a special NPC, will either

give a random legendary of those your loot spec can get and you don't have already (to keep their strange idea of "random legis are fun")
    trade in for a targeted legendary.

that way you can set your loot in dungeons/raids on the desired spec while not risking getting legendaries for that spec.

with that system, they could make the token BoA faaaar later in the expac (around the farming period of the last patch maybe?)
    to encourage twinks getting more than 1 legendary when you have not much to do last tier
    said this in a threat about loot specc and legendary "lootspecc" on the 29th:
    http://Loot spec and Legendary spec being the same?
    really funny to see these now xD
    Last edited by Narzok; 2017-02-01 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    B Also we're looking at a system where if a legendary item drops and you forgot to change your mainspec, you have time to change it before you identify it.
    This is what I'd assume is the primary purpose. You don't have to run in your main spec the entire time just in case of a legendary dropping for the wrong spec.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkz View Post
    Thank you for clearing things up. Do you know if there are any other 'QoL' changes? As to solve the old argument "BiS DPS vs Prydaz"?
    Well I'm just speculating, it's not fact but I can't see why it wouldn't work like that. In terms of targeting legendary items I've yet to see any evidence that it's possible as of yet. I'm sure the crafted legendaries will open up some good options

Well I'm just speculating, it's not fact but I can't see why it wouldn't work like that. In terms of targeting legendary items I've yet to see any evidence that it's possible as of yet. I'm sure the crafted legendaries will open up some good options
    I don't see why you can't just sacrifice two legendaries, or even three, for a totally random new one. Maybe you get the same one over again and are completely screwed, maybe you get a new one; trading two/three for a random seems reasonable and there's pretty much no way anybody could ever take advantage of it.

Edit: Sounds like a good potential use for the now-useless Obliterum Forge. Insert two legendaries to break down, poop out a new one. GG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I don't see why you can't just sacrifice two legendaries, or even three, for a totally random new one. Maybe you get the same one over again and are completely screwed, maybe you get a new one; trading two/three for a random seems reasonable and there's pretty much no way anybody could ever take advantage of it.

Edit: Sounds like a good potential use for the now-useless Obliterum Forge. Insert two legendaries to break down, poop out a new one. GG.
    Sounds cool on paper, in reality not so much. Players are already complaining about the amount of RNG associated with legendaries, imagine destroying 2 and receiving one you had already destroyed? Ya the forums wouldn't be too pretty

Sounds cool on paper, in reality not so much. Players are already complaining about the amount of RNG associated with legendaries, imagine destroying 2 and receiving one you had already destroyed? Ya the forums wouldn't be too pretty
    The difference being that it's a choice. If I choose to sacrifice two knowing the risk and I get screwed, I doubt I'm going to receive many kind words if I complain about it on the forums. Everybody can sympathize with somebody having bad luck and getting poor (or even no) legendaries over time; actively choosing to make this trade and not getting what you want might not earn you quite as much.

If I have a utility legendary I know I'll never use because I have three pieces for the same slot that have better stat distribution, along with an offspec piece or even a mainspec one that I know I won't use (such as the Blur DH chest for me that I know I'll probably never use outside of maybe toying around with it), I'd be willing to trade them in for even just a *shot* at another. If I get screwed, well, that's the risk I take. To me, it's worth it even just for a CHANCE. Again, nobody is forcing this situation and I certainly couldn't be upset with anybody other than myself if I ended up worse off.

The point is that it's an OPTION. That's what we need right now; options. Too many of us are locked behind artificial gating or hidden cooldowns or are desperately waiting on bad luck protection. Feeling like you've got a little control, even if it's just a shot in the dark, can be relieving to a lot of people. Having that choice on demand would be nice even if there's only a one in five shot (or less) of getting something I can use.

WoW devs working on Diablo3 and Diablo3 devs working on WoW are the worst decisions ever made by Blizzard.

Deleted
    i like part where it says "Binds to Battle.net account".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    WoW devs working on Diablo3 and Diablo3 devs working on WoW are the worst decisions ever made by Blizzard.
    Sorry where does Diablo 3 come into any of this? Because the item is "unidentified"? People were concerned about Mythic+ being a shitty take on GR's, it turned out to be one of the best features WoW has had in a long time..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite obviously a legendary token. You can avoid looting legendaries for your offspec. (just happened to me yesterday)

All this crying about WoW becoming Diablo 3, lol.

This change is great, now I can run with healer as loot spez without being afraid for missing out on legendary drops as dps spec. But still recieve upgrades for my healing spec (trinkets/relics/etc) that I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like some alt-catch up mechanics, people that mock this are really dumb. AP is not big problem on alts (but still I think that 35+ should be account-wide), but legendaries are. Legendary idea is to spice up the game when you do your usual stuff, but system need few fixes if they want to carry this in the future expansion:

- alts problem: more casual playerbase that like to play on alts care less about legendary, because they have no 'main' - so after they undestand they cannot get legendaries on all characters, they don't care at all
    - spec problem: they should scrap legendaries only for one spec, it's dumb that I must always have spec switched to my main, even if I do easy content and want to gear my offspec
    - I think all legendaries have to be created to be useful in raid, each for different encounter (if they can't come up with something smart, it can be even flat damage increase for specific boss) - Blizz seems to like idea of switching legendaries for different situation and I like it too - it makes every slot in gear relevant, not like in MoP when all cloak drops were pointless).

I have really high hopes with this, my dream scenario is that you can for example, if you have 3 legendaries, buy 3 this tokens for all your alts. It could be a problem in 7.0 (people would create 110 alts with same class to have another chance for right legendary), but right know most hardcore players already have items that they want.

Sorry where does Diablo 3 come into any of this? Because the item is "unidentified"? People were concerned about Mythic+ being a shitty take on GR's, it turned out to be one of the best features WoW has had in a long time..
    expedition = bounty, mythic dungeon ++ = rift, legendary random drop = legendary random drop from d3, legion is just a clone of d3

if they have to make a clone of d3 , they should just delete WoW and make it a real diablo mmo

Good catch-up mechanism. I mean, who actually grinded legendaries for all of their 3 specs? Cocaine addicts maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    expedition = bounty, mythic dungeon ++ = rift, legendary random drop = legendary random drop from d3, legion is just a clone of d3

if they have to make a clone of d3 , they should just delete WoW and make it a real diablo mmo
    Ya I understand those features are similar, if not borrowed. But what's the huge deal? I mean world quests are MUCH better than daily quests in my opinion. Random legendary drops are the same as any other random drop in the game, so that's nothing new. Also Mythic+ is probably the best thing to happen to World of Warcraft in over a decade. Be more generic with your opinion dude, how about trying to form you own instead of just copy/pasting shit you read from forums.

A sort of major difference is that in D3, levels are generated. In WoW, they're the same every time. If every time I stepped into an M+ there was a somewhat uniquely generated level that I hadn't seen before, that'd be pretty cool. Right now, that's not the case. In Diablo, you aren't running the same identical GR over and over. The mobs, their positions, their numbers, the physical layout; it all changes. You might see similar patterns or textures but it's never quite the same. If the D3 players had to choose from 10 greater rifts that were always the same barring a few minor modifications to the enemy's behavior (damage done, a few more spawned here or there, more health) I highly doubt it would have the same lifespan.

You can't take a system and move it to another game expecting it to fill the same role but leave out such a key element. People are sick of seeing the same dungeons. In the past, by the time we were this sick of them we didn't need to run them anymore. Right now, if you want to stay competitive you don't really have a choice - there can always be a better item. They got that part right, just not the method of obtainment. Unfortunately it's much easier to randomly generate content in a game such as D3, rather than one like WoW. Both might be 3D but they've got tremendous differences, and they probably should have considered that before implementing HALF of the GR system. It was great in concept, but I think they intended for it to last a lot longer in theory than it has/will in practice.