10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Great time to start getting back into this game. About a month in after I quit shortly after release. It was a buggy pile of shit, they did a complete 180.

I am hyped first time in a long while. I love how immersive the questing and everything is in ESO not to mention the story is solid and interesting. Not a huge fan of the cyrodiil pvp so the arena is great news. I am skeptical of 4v4v4.

I got a few months to cover all the DLC I missed then my body is ready for Vvardenfell!

Is Morrowind stand alone DLC like how Guild Wars original did their campaigns or am I misinterpreting what they said about that? I'm just curious cuz I've never seen another game do it like that.

Wonder if we get to stop a meteor and save vivec city depending on the timeline now that would be badass, seeing some of his history or is this before his god-status?
    From what I understand, Morrowind will work just like any other DLC currently in the game. You can choose to start it whenever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Thats actually a lot of good info there thank you! I am curious if you could answer one direct question, why is there a limited number of character deletions?
    Well. for one, there is an area that allows you to get the final, and quite powerful "recipe". In the area of Craglorn, you can get what is called, Nirnhoned. This Trait increases the damage of your weapon, or adds some nice resistance to armor.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Nirnhoned

You can only get 1 nirnhoned trait per character. So the only ways to get every pieces's nirnhoned trait you could effectively delete characters, and create new ones, and keep repeating the quest line to get more nirnhoned traits.

I believe the dev's objective was to force people to trade and work together to earn each additional piece of nirnhoned.

List of Armor and Weapon pieces:

Sword
    Mace
    Axe
    2H Sword
    2H Mace
    2H Axe
    Bow
    Resto Staff
    Frost Staff
    Fire Staff
    Shock Staff
    Shield
    Helm
    Shoulder
    Chest
    Gloves
    Legs
    Boots
    Belt

Each of those armor pieces can be multiplied by 3 as there are cloth, leather, and plate versions of each piece. So, there are a total of 33 nirnhoned recipes you will need to learn if you want to have every trait for every piece of craftable gear. As mentioned, you could effectively speed up the process by deleting and creating a new character 33 times. Or! You can trade with other people, which could come with negotiations as the recipe is so rare that you only get 1 per character.

That is just 1 reason for a character delete cap.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which class/build would you consider the easiest for pve? Using voice input requires a bit more forgiveness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Which class/build would you consider the easiest for pve? Using voice input requires a bit more forgiveness
    I'd say a Sorcerer as they are quite powerful. As for the Build, focus on things that increase your Shock damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

Sword
    Mace
    Axe
    2H Sword
    2H Mace
    2H Axe
    Bow
    Resto Staff
    Frost Staff
    Fire Staff
    Shock Staff
    Shield
    I was hoping they would add in a new weapon type skill line, like a 1h and no offhand (or something like a focus) skill line

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I was hoping they would add in a new weapon type skill line, like a 1h and no offhand (or something like a focus) skill line
    Wand and Focus would be amazing! Especially if the wand was given a ranged resource restoring ability like a staff does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    All I want to know is, do we get to rescue the hottie from Meridia's realm?
    Probably not. But if you have dark brotherhood, go to the anvil mages guild upstairs. There's a familiar face who's searching for them, if you found the Easter egg in Orsinium then you'll be able to tell them about it. We won't be rescuing them in this chapter, but I'd reckon we will in the next.

Should I play now and get started, or play once the Warden class is out!? Also, where can players find leveling builds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Should I play now and get started, or play once the Warden class is out!? Also, where can players find leveling builds?
    This so much. I really want to dig in now but there's SO much on the horizon over the next few months and I already want to play 3 other MMOs for story/gameplay too. Not to mention I'd really like to clean up my backlog (got about 8 games for $20 or less over the holiday sales).

Other than those one per character only crafting projects whats the benefit to playing now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    This so much. I really want to dig in now but there's SO much on the horizon over the next few months and I already want to play 3 other MMOs for story/gameplay too. Not to mention I'd really like to clean up my backlog (got about 8 games for $20 or less over the holiday sales).

Other than those one per character only crafting projects whats the benefit to playing now?
    I wouldn't say there is a 'benefit' to playing now. The game is super casual, there is no rush to level up for end game content, and there are no level restrictions on any zones or anything.

The only thing you can consider as a benefit to playing now, is just to dive into the incredibly large world, and the story which has been released so far. When I say the world is enormous, I am not exaggerating. I have only chipped the surface of quests in the passed 3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It would take months of ESO being your only game (playing multiple hours per day, every day) to get through all the questlines. And ESO is all about the quests.
    And that's just currently, there current hope is to get 2 regular DLC's, 1 dungeon DLC and 1 Chapter DLC per year. We already "know" that the dungeon DLC this year is for Nordic dungeons, as far as the 4th quarter DLC my bets on Murkmire...... it'll have been over 3 years since we heard about it by then...... which is part of the reason why I'm not worried about them running out of content anytime soon. Even with Vvardenfel the map is quite incomplete that plus how ever many daedric realms they feel like making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to close more oblivion portals

In the past, we've released four major updates per year, most with an associated DLC. This has produced great DLC like Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood for players in a regular cadence, and has been the perfect way to update the game with larger changes like One Tamriel. This cadence is perfect for smaller additions, but we've found that this approach is so aggressive that it hamstrings us a bit when it comes to introducing updates larger than DLC – that is, updates that include new content as well as features like system changes, new abilities, and new classes. This is why we are evolving to deliver some updates as “Chapters," with the target of having one Chapter per year.

In any other game of this type, these would be called “expansions" – but ESO is a game unlike any other. Because ESO is not level-based, Chapters don't fit the general definition of an “expansion," which typically, in MMO-speak, means it is aimed only at existing (and usually high level) players. Chapters in ESO are different. Each ESO Chapter will feature a self-contained story and zone that can be experienced by itself without needing to travel out to the main game. Our content is never level-gated, which means you can play Chapters with an existing character, or a completely new one.

Expect ESO Chapters to introduce things like new game systems, new classes, and a ton of new content. For example, our new Chapter, ESO: Morrowind, contains a new class (the Warden), small-scale PvP Battlegrounds, and of course, a completely new zone to explore.

Each Chapter will be available at retail complete with new box art and packaging. It will contain the Chapter and will include the original game. All standard DLC will still be purchased from the Crown Store or be available to ESO Plus members as part of the subscription, but new Chapter content is available only via retail (including digital retail) game or upgrade purchase if you already own ESO.
    So yeah like Campaigns in GW1.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2017-02-02 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I want to close more oblivion portals

So yeah like Campaigns in GW1.
    This.... makes a lot more sense than their original introduction. They never explained chapters and made it sound like some sort of expansion.

This is actually fucking great tbh, it's exactly like gw1 and it was really good for gw1
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Hi guys ¡ I'm really interested in TESO, but I'd like to read a complete guide of the game, one that compares every aspect of the game with WoW will be amazing, because its the only MMO that I have played.

I love questing, so if it has a good story, beautiful and huge zones, realistic characters and nice art, it will be a good start.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Hi guys ¡ I'm really interested in TESO, but I'd like to read a complete guide of the game, one that compares every aspect of the game with WoW will be amazing, because its the only MMO that I have played.

I love questing, so if it has a good story, beautiful and huge zones, realistic characters and nice art, it will be a good start.
    Yea it has tons of quests , lots of good storylines , very nice looking zones , though artstyle is a bit lacking imho. It's kind of generic fantasy o nothing special about that.

Thank you for your answers ¡ What about the combat system, it is fun? The animations are cool?

The crafting system is a grind, but it is fun and rewarding?

Are they collection systems like WoW?

What is the main goal of the game? When you're at maximum level, what are you supposed to do?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hell. Going back to Morrowind is all I ever wanted.. The map looks almost identical and up to scale. This is going to be awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your answers ¡ What about the combat system, it is fun? The animations are cool?

What is the main goal of the game? When you're at maximum level, what are you supposed to do?
    To be honest, I find the crafting system very underwhelming. The only rare things to craft are "Motifs". A Motif is just the visual style of the item. Those are generally found as random drops in certain areas, or from events.

As for combat, I quite enjoy the combat system. There is no auto attack, and there is no 'locking on a target'. I mean that in the sense that you don't click on a target, instead you aim at a target.

As for a collection system, there are certain collectibles in the game, nothing particularly awesome though (imo).

Had to give up on this game before even getting started. I played it on the beta and honestly i wasn't impressed, but i'm tired of WoW, decided to buy ESO's Gold edition or whatever its called. Can't even install the damn thing, i've tried about everything i've found on similar threads created by other people. What's more, to make a forum account you need an invitation code that was sent when you made your ESO account. I made the account years ago during beta, so my only option is to write a ticket that has an avg response time of like 4 days or something stupid.

After 3 days of this nonsense i'm just done. No wonder the game is struggling, they can't even make a proper installer.

10+ Year Old Account

Ehhhh.

The way crafting works is 'good' in that you can make whatever you want and can build a very specific way, but its bad in that it is passively time consuming even if you yourself aren't literally grinding.

Crafting can be leveled quite quickly finding someone to trade craft/deconstructions with and buying cheap inspiration items from various auction houses.

The 'grind' comes from waiting for trait research. Every weapon and every piece of armor has nine traits you can research in order to craft pieces with those traits yourself. The time it takes to research them increases exponentially... So the first trait is like two hours, the next trait is like six hours, the next is like sixteen hours, the next is like two days, etc. To fully research one single item (assuming you have maxed out research perks AND are a subscriber) takes like 20 days. And you can only research three items at once per profession... The reason you would want these traits and not just the one single trait you would use, is crafted sets. The sets have trait requirements, ie: you have to have four, five, six, etc., traits unlocked on an item to craft a particular set on it.

So for example, getting five or six traits unlocked on every piece of gear you want to craft the set onto could take weeks.

It can also get pretty expensive to improve your items, which you can do all the way to legendary. As tempering and such required more AND rarer tempers the more improved it gets.