Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you anticipate any WF guilds disbanding after the race?

Once the race is over and the dust has settled, do you anticipate any guilds in the WF race disbanding after the race?

I can imagine some reshuffling occuring particularly if there are guilds that failed to meet expectations despite the physical, emotional and time investment put into the race. A disappointing result could make them question why they're doing this in the first place.

What does everybody else think?

All of them, and the majority will leave wow and play hello kitty island adventure. You heard it here first!
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Deleted
    Method won't disband regardless of outcome as their brand is still big. They'll keep going even if they finish 2-5th as the money they make from ads, streams etc still makes it worth for them.

Serenity will definitely go through turbulence if they lose and will lose a lot of people if not disband completely. However, they're far ahead of the competition atm and they're the favourite to win.

Exorsus is also used to getting 3-5th plus I think they have multiple people ready to cover any losses so I doubt they'll disband.

Americans will go through their usual shuffle, guilds might disband, new ones will be created but it will mostly be the same people under different guild names.

Aside from all that tho, the hardcore scene is declining steadily the last few tiers so it's likely many people will quit regardless of results.

I don't get people's obsession with world first guilds and I don't get disbanding over this stuff. High end raiding is nowhere near what it used to be and I don't see why people still take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I don't get people's obsession with world first guilds and I don't get disbanding over this stuff. High end raiding is nowhere near what it used to be and I don't see why people still take it seriously.
    Its way more interesting now than it ever was.
    Also its way more hardcore and hard to do then before.

If good changes to the legendary system arent made in 7.2 and the M+ grind continues with new artifact traits yea.

Lots of people are getting burnt out even just having to do world quests these days.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    High end raiding is nowhere near what it used to be and I don't see why people still take it seriously.
    t. Non-mythic raider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Once the race is over and the dust has settled, do you anticipate any guilds in the WF race disbanding after the race?
    Not more or less then after any other race.

High end raiding is nowhere near what it used to be
    On the contrary. It has gotten more and more obsessive with each race. 5+ alts, maxed AP, correct legendaries etc. Thats why we already see 9/10. Its not that the bosses are harder, but teh top guilds go at it harder then ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    If good changes to the legendary system arent made in 7.2 and the M+ grind continues with new artifact traits yea.

Lots of people are getting burnt out even just having to do world quests these days.
    "Lots of People" you mean the less than 1% of people who actually grind that shit? Most people just play the game and have fun. If i'm close to a rank, sure i may go grind through the AP quests, but 99% of people only do their 4 a day or even less WQs. That same percentage probably couldn't give a rat's ass about BiS legendaries (specially the pvpers, remember, they don't work in pvp!) and even LESS than that grind M+. Honestly, they don't need to make any changes, let serenity and friends burn themselves out, they knew what was asked of them when they decided to be that hardcore, and that is basically... everything.

How many have Mythic NH bosses have you killed?
    How many alts have you leveled AP to trait 54?
    How many split raids are running per week?

Because all the people who do these things are saying the exact opposite...

Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    Method won't disband regardless of outcome as their brand is still big. They'll keep going even if they finish 2-5th as the money they make from ads, streams etc still makes it worth for them.

Serenity will definitely go through turbulence if they lose and will lose a lot of people if not disband completely. However, they're far ahead of the competition atm and they're the favourite to win.

Exorsus is also used to getting 3-5th plus I think they have multiple people ready to cover any losses so I doubt they'll disband.

Americans will go through their usual shuffle, guilds might disband, new ones will be created but it will mostly be the same people under different guild names.

Aside from all that tho, the hardcore scene is declining steadily the last few tiers so it's likely many people will quit regardless of results.
    The only issue I see is that Method's brand may not be so big if the produce a poor result this race. And coupled with the lockout scandal, it could be problematic for their brand.

Deleted
    The only issue I see is that Method's brand may not be so big if the produce a poor result this race. And coupled with the lockout scandal, it could be problematic for their brand.
    They ll finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd, either of those is "good enough" to move on. The lockout scandal will have no implications, they ll just make a "we had no idea what he did" statement and move on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    All of them, and the majority will leave wow and play hello kitty island adventure. You heard it here first!
    Good, Butters need some company

Serenity/Method on suicide watch?
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

They ll finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd, either of those is "good enough" to move on. The lockout scandal will have no implications, they ll just make a "we had no idea what he did" statement and move on
    I guess nothing would come of it, particularly if Serenity disbands.

Deleted
    hopefully serenity disbands.

Deleted
    About time someone who isn't Method gets World Firsts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think at this point the Method brand has far out grown the World First race.

10+ Year Old Account

Hindsight is such a good thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I doubt Limit or Method will be affected. Not sure about Serenity because they are apparently having roster problems.
    I personally don't particularly care for the race but I really wouldn't mind if Blizzard did. Every tier the preparation gets even more insane and this pretty much makes the competition tiny. I mean apart from Exorsus, Serenity and Method, did any other guild make a similar effort? (5way splits, multiple alts at 54 traits)
    If Blizzard decided to make the barriers to entry easier (and perhaps limit raid attempts so you did not have to schedule two weeks of vacation) the race would be much more interesting
    When that was a thing what happened was that world first guilds made even more alts as usual so they could do toms of raids on the boss and practice with their alts to only take their mains when they were confident they could get a kill. What blizz should do is stop caring about world first raiders altogether, they are a very small portion of the playebase and they would find ways to overprepare to anything Blizz throw at them.