Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost mage Flurry changes made today

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=5#post-82

Blue post talking about hotfixes that went live today. Changes based around Brainfreeze procs and flurry usage for the Winter's Chill debuff.

What comes to mind for me out of this is do we think we can GS > Flurry and get reliable shatters on GS?

Edit: I just tested and dear lord is it nice. I didn't realize how many Flurry procs I was missing before. Usually Ice Lance is about 30% of my damage, miles ahead of everything else. But with these changes, Flurry and Ice Lance were both sitting at around 24% of my damage done over 6 minute run on the target dummy.
    Last edited by NoClueWhatToDo; 2017-02-01 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    What comes to mind for me out of this is do we think we can GS > Flurry and get reliable shatters on GS?
    I hope not, because if it was true, GS would be the #1 mage build BY FAR and I would have to grind additional 19 traits in frost to my 54 in arcane and 45 in fire...

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can't seem to get it to work with GS.

Nice change overall, though.

They only slowed ebonbolt, GS still hits before the first flurry.

The change is only meant to help with the Brain Freeze munching and the Brain Freeze > Ice Lance combo so it's not a huge surprise it doesn't work with Glacial Spike.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heard some mages say GS can be shattered if you stand at max range.

Deleted
    This feels op....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Articon92 View Post
    This feels op....
    It's really not, even with this frost mages are still subpar ranged dps sadly. They need a flat int/damage buff to all abilities to be useful, this is just a quality of life improvement.

//vant

Quote Originally Posted by Vantagal View Post
    It's really not, even with this frost mages are still subpar ranged dps sadly. They need a flat int/damage buff to all abilities to be useful, this is just a quality of life improvement.

//vant
    GS build has tremendous scaling. Its the reason why frostbolt gets so much attention during tuning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkster View Post
    GS build has tremendous scaling. Its the reason why frostbolt gets so much attention during tuning.

Is this required for high mastery though? I'm 896 ilvl but mostly with crit/haste - sitting at around 40% mastery with my current gear. Not sure how justified the GS build is.

Would love to see some talent/gear builds if you have any to hand

//vant

Still can't shatter GS at max range. BUT overall this week in heroic I saw some huge numbers on my GS build. not munching flurries really makes the spec reactive and adds a tad of mobility.

Deleted

//vant
    You're talking out your arse mate

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

//vant
    A change that results in between a 5 and 9% dps increase depending on spec, once you adjust your priority list, is a QoL improvement?

k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post
    A change that results in between a 5 and 9% dps increase depending on spec, once you adjust your priority list, is a QoL improvement?

k
    Whats the new priority?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwazz View Post
    You're talking out your arse mate

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11
    You should probably check your sources.. Frost logs from mythic are skewed heavily due to most fights having no or very few reports.

Yes Frost CAN make great dps, but those statistics aren't reflective of anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Articon92 View Post
    Whats the new priority?
    Frankly not sure yet because I haven't actually seen the list that the mage discord is fiddling with, but it's changed the priority on using brain freeze procs, because you can munch far fewer procs if you use them fast enough, even if it means munching a few FoF procs.

This is interesting. I frost bolt'd a dummy till I got a brain freeze proc then did Ebonbolt > flurry > ice Lance and I didn't munch the flurry proc that is given from ebon bolt.

This is an awesome change. But dps wise, frost is still behind :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    This is interesting. I frost bolt'd a dummy till I got a brain freeze proc then did Ebonbolt > flurry > ice Lance and I didn't munch the flurry proc that is given from ebon bolt.

This is an awesome change. But dps wise, frost is still behind :/
    I can't really say that it is. Especially GS has incredible scaling and at least blows fire out of the water for single target now. I think as you see more people getting frost legendaries and trying it out you'll realize frost is in a pretty good place. It'll never have quite the aoe that fire does, but overall it's a solid spec.

With the changes to flurry and ebonbolt, I noticed a huge difference tonight. Being able to shatter every ebonbolt and than use that for icelance, is godlike. I was top 5 every fight except 1st boss in normal NH. Doing 500-700k on almost every boss, was better than doing 400k where i was at last week.