Thread: Rip WoD Warlock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I seriously think my absolute biggest complaint about the new Warlock is that Rain of Fire has a resource cost now. I never cared about any DPS nerfs or buffs to it, but it made farming old instances so much more of a bitch.
    Go affliction. Tag one mob and everything in the area instantly dies in a very satisfying flash of Soul Flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskchi View Post
    WoD kids ... you shouldn't EVER say that you main Wlock .... WotLK babies turn into WoD kids .... FOTM rerollers ....

When are you going to learn? In Vanilla, THE REAL GAME, Warlock is supposed to be underdawg and not TOP TIER GOD ... thats why you played warlock, because you were performing well with a class no1 expects you to perform well ...

So if u wanna be TOP TIER UBER GOD ... go play fking Shaman .... oh wait .... U do ... ops sry kiddo

Warlock is just returning to his roots, which I love .... I would honestly want to have 10 additional spells that are garbage but have to stay on bars ( 36 key-binds in Vanilla kiddo ) so u can use them to tune your utility to the max ...

L2P WotLK babies
    Nothing like putting others down to make yourself feel better!

I remember when I was in my teens...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorad View Post
    Affli is good right now but people doing mythic + want CC so you get insta-eliminated in premade queues.
    I wish they would just give Shadowfury back as a baseline ability. I hate HoT, it's so balls...

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I don't miss WoD demo to be honest. With the current demo I guess ive just played/raided with it enough to enjoy it.
    ^^^^ This, I personally love Legion Demo, they just need to fix Demonic Empowerment and it would be a great spec. As far as Affliction though, i feel like its nowhere near as fun as it was in WoD. And i haven't played Destro in a long time but it was my go to spec for a long long time and if it wasn't so blah to play i'd probably be playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbatroix View Post
    As far as Affliction though, i feel like its nowhere near as fun as it was in WoD.
    I don't really get this sentiment with wod aff, it was basically the same spec but with less going on. The spec was neutered down to predominately a st turret spec, and the only other time it was useful was on council and all you did was maintain 3 dots, put haunt up, and channel filler. There was very little to it.

Though frankly legion affliction is pretty much the same thing with a little extra thrown on top.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I don't really get this sentiment with wod aff, it was basically the same spec but with less going on. The spec was neutered down to predominately a st turret spec, and the only other time it was useful was on council and all you did was maintain 3 dots, put haunt up, and channel filler. There was very little to it.

Though frankly legion affliction is pretty much the same thing with a little extra thrown on top.
    I think it was to do with my getting back into raiding at the end of WoD (hadn't raided consistently since Cata), i tried Destro like i had been using and it was fun but i couldn't do the DPS needed to catch up with the rest of the raiders, So i went affliction and it was such a simple spec at the time that did great DPS. As i got more and more comfortable with raiding again and 7.0.3 was released and Demo was super strong i swapped to that, and i just loved the style, it fed my destro need where i didn't have to follow more than one dot and it did great DPS, now i could probably do any of the specs but i have Demo legendaries and i can hold my own on most fights so i stick with it.

But yes Affliction hasn't changed too much i just fee like the UA spam is very clunky.

Just for comparison sake, if you think WoD warlocks were so much better than Legion ones (which I do agree), you would be surprised how much better MoP warlocks were compared to WoD ones in every aspect of the game... I feel as warlock community had lowered its expectations standards so much that they would stoop so low to even beg for WoD version of warlock because of how many times has our mechanics and overall class had being nerfed over the past few xpacs

wah wah wah lets cry about warlock and reminisce about past expansions

Warlock is in a great place right now. Love my Affliction warlock. Love the stacking UA. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by chrewm View Post
    wah wah wah lets cry about warlock and reminisce about past expansions

Warlock is in a great place right now. Love my Affliction warlock. Love the stacking UA. Love it
    It's great that you enjoy your Warlock alt, but how does that invalidate the opinion of other people?