Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[EU] The Russians in BGs

So I have come to the decision to open a thread about this, cos I'm just wondering what ur experience is on this topic.

I really like to play BGs every now and then, mostly for daily AP and one or two after that for the fun as healer.
    I do enjoy almost all BG, and yes I also enjoy AV.

HOWEVER, I have not had so much fun lately due to the fact that we EUs get queued up with lots of Russians. I have won a game or two since Legion against Russians but most of the games, and thats about 4/5 or even 9/10 times that we have no chance against them and get owned big time. (not just lose, but getting raped I mean)

Last game was AV. The score board red from top to the mid! The Russians (Horde) dominated the board in kills, dmg, healing, just everything. It wasnt that we didnt try. We fought until the bitter end when we had 0 points and the Russians didnt even lose one single tower. Other BGs are similar. Me as healer, I get straight focused and interruped like in no other game. As soon as I get one heal out , they come at me 3-4 to rape me within 2 secs.

Have u had similar experience? What do u think could be the reason? Is it normal for the Russian community to premake groups? Is it their unweary urge to push it to the limit and win as if their lives were on the line? Cant Blizzard keep the russians among the russians? Like they have all languages separated?

I like a challange in PvP, dont get me wrong, I love close games but this is just not fun anymore playing against them, its pure AIDS!
    Last edited by Wild; 2017-02-01 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    So I have come to the decision to open a thread about this, cos I'm just wondering what ur experience is on this topic.

I really like to play BGs every now and then, mostly for daily AP and one or two after that for the fun as healer.
    I do enjoy almost all BG, and yes I also enjoy AV.

HOWEVER, I have not had so much fun lately due to the fact that we EUs get queued up with lots of Russians. I have won a game or two since Legion against Russians but most of the games, and thats about 4/5 or even 9/10 times that we have no chance against them and get owned big time. (not just lose, but getting raped I mean)

Last game was AV. The score board red from top to the mid! The Russians (Horde) dominated the board in kills, dmg, healing, just everything. It wasnt that we didnt try. We fought until the bitter end when we had 0 points and the Russians didnt even lose one single tower. Other BGs are similar. Me as healer, I get straight focused and interruped like in no other game. As soon as I get out one heal, they come at me 3-4 to rape me within 2 secs.

Have u had similar experience? What do u think could be the reason? Is it normal for the Russian community to premake groups? Is it their unweary urge to push it to the limit and win as if their lives were on the line? Cant Blizzard keep the russians among the russians? Like they have all languages separated?

I like a challange in PvP, dont get me wrong, I love close games but this is just not fun anymore playing against them, its pure AIDS!
    They must "Break You"... Rocky 4 incase you didn't get it...

7+ Year Old Account
    errr i am missing the point or is this just " i am loosing ro russians, so please remove the russians " ?

7+ Year Old Account
    "Russians beat me really hard, it must be the fact they are russians. The vodka fuels them too hard"

Not every game is like this. It's either get stomped or be stomped, there's no middle ground against russian teams. (From what I've found :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    This mindset is self fulfilling. I've watched it grow over the years and am convinced of this. I have a 70% or so win rate on all of my toons, even those with 3500+ BGs played and 100s of thousands of hks.

Basically it goes like this

1. Join BG
    2. Other team is russian
    3. Heard about russian moaning constantly, convince yourself they're better than you, right from the start
    4. Either don't try at all, or at least play thinking you're substantially worse than them
    5. When you lose because you didn't try, this reaffirms your idea that "russians never lose"
    6. Next bg you try even less

Another big part of this weird mindset is the assumption that all russian teams are premades. Listen, they removed the ability to make a Full premade i think in 3.0 or possibly even 2.0. You could bypass this filter by using an addon i think it was called AVhelper or something. This is how people did 40 man raids to farm honorable kills. This addon was broken in 5.0.

The reason russians only get queued with russians is the language barrier. Its that simple.

So right from the start, you're starting by assuming they are better than you, thus not trying, and they are more organised than you, thus you have no way to win at all.

And yes i have played against both horde and alliance russian players most days since legion (thanks to the mercenary mode)

As I write this I am 3 capping a russian team in Deepwind Gorge

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atistic#21:153

^ warrior, main character, 67% winrate, 3500 bgs

^ latest character, ret pala, 72% 300 bgs

^ alt i play pretty regularly, 67% winrate, 2000 bgs

^ warlock i abandoned in wod, 65% winrate, 900 bgs

Other chars with under 300 bgs have 70-80% winrates, but i abandoned them in cataclysm.

Win rate is typically easy to keep above 50%, if you just focus on objectives every now and then.

Nothing to add but my latest characters I guess

The only thing russians effect is lag. They are effected by this lag too.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2017-02-01 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    the only BG i hate facing Russians in is AV, they do the same tactic everytime, and for some reason my team (horde) never adapts. The team does the same strategy each time, and each time it ends up with the russians just gy farming us until they 300 odd kills. every game vs russians i try telling my team to defend at galv / IBT because that breaks the russian strategy, but nope, every time half the team goes to balinda, the other half goes between SHB and IWB, and every time we just get farmed.

As for other battlegrounds, i dont really notice a difference in facing Russian teams vs normal teams.

Deleted
    read heat
    they re raid leaders are to smart for our raid leaders we go stupid raid leaders sad!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It sounds like they play as a group. Any organised team (even groups wiithin a bigger team) that are maybe even communicating over Teamspeak or whatever will trash a random team.

Or are you suggesting they cheat?
    I dont know if they do play as a group, but i find the russians do tend to play a lot more "group like". They rarely seem like a group of randoms, they often play as if they are premade, but i think its more down to they always seem to follow the same strategy every game, and the whole team seems to follow that strategy every game, which means that they can usually easily outplay a group 10 that are all doing their own thing.

I dont think theres anything wrong though, as i said the only bg i really notice a difference usually is in AV, thats the only one i consistently lose vs Russians. My biiggest issue with playing vs Russians is the names, its really hard to call targets when i don't know how to pronounce most the letters in their name :P There used to be an addon that converted the names into names that were easier to read, not sure if thats still around though.

TBH, what I often see in BGs when we face Russians is that people instantaneously give up, they almost always assume that all Russians are in premades, use VoIP, etc. People who are bitching about them in raid chat the most, are the ones who are doing the least, e.g. afking somewhere.

And what @Sliske said. He's spot on.

-- edit #1

As I said in another thread, it's also quite funny how people have no problems w/ facing Russians and even Russian premades from Ragnaros EU or Ravencrest EU, and there are a lot of serious Russian or Russian-speaking PvPers on Ravencrest But as soon as they see Cyrillic letters they give up, that's just hilarious.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-01 at 04:31 PM.

Has been like this for years. In the days when AV was a real BG, I spent most of my life in BGs and the Russians did not have their own servers, the Russians congregated on Molten Core. You went into AV, saw it was against MC and you knew you would lose. They were superb, organised, a team. it was an honour to lose to such great, organised players. I certainly did not think of going anywhere and crying because we were 40 individuals and they were a team. If I wore a hat I would take it off to them for their play. Hugs to them (am an old lady so allowed to hug people )

It sounds like they play as a group. Any organised team (even groups wiithin a bigger team) that are maybe even communicating over Teamspeak or whatever will trash a random team.

Or are you suggesting they cheat?
    THIS. No I would never call them cheaters. But their teamplay is insane. Maybe they use voice or premade, otherwise I couldnt explain.

Deleted
    Any organised team (even groups wiithin a bigger team) that are maybe even communicating over Teamspeak or whatever will trash a random team.
    Why are organised premades matched against random teams in the first place? That is a VERY BIG flaw of the system.

So the argument has turned from

"the russians are cheating, remove them!"

to

"the russians play as a team, remove them!"

I have a 3rd alternative

Both of you are wrong, and its a self imposed problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    Why are organised premades matched against random teams in the first place? That is a VERY BIG flaw of the system.
    they aren't.

If your team has a 5 man premad, a 2 man premade and a 3 man premade the other team will have 5 2 man premades, or 2 5 man premades, or 3 3 man premades and a guy on his own.

I have noticed this behaviour since at least 7.0, but perhaps it arrived earlier.

(also you can only queue as a max of 5 players since 5.0, anyway. The fact that people think 10-15 man premades exist still tells us just how ignorant the side of "russians always premade!" actually are.)

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    Because queue times are so high. It does seem like the system tries to match premades against premades though, but the system is not nearly sophisticated enough to differentiate between tryhard premades that play to stomp randoms and casual premades with PvE guildies braving the PvP scene together. Essentially you can screw over your team by queueing up as a fail premade, cause it increases the chances the other team will also have a premade that might or might not be as casual as you.

tl;dr the whole matchmaking system is very easy to cheese, unfair and heavily compromised in order to shorten queue times.

also you can only queue as a max of 5 players since 5.0, anyway. The fact that people think 10-15 man premades exist still tells us just how ignorant the side of "russians always premade!" actually are.
    TBF, it's possible to game the system, but it's extremely time consuming, 2 parties have to register around the same time, and then check w/ each other when they get invites, but even then, they may be ported to different BGs

From my experience, out of 10 simultaneous rBG invites we're placed in the same raid only 3 times, but it took us almost ~4 hours to finish 10 BGs, it's a huge waste of time, cuz every single time only one party got an invite, we had to cancel, requeue, and then wait for another ~8 mins T_T
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-01 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBF, it's possible to game the system, but it's extremely time consuming, 2 parties have to register around the same time, and then check w/ each other when they get invites, but even then, they may be ported to different BGs

From my experience, out of 10 simultaneous rBG invites we're placed in the same raid only 3 times, but it took us almost ~4 hours to finish 10 BGs, it's a huge waste of time, cuz every single time only party got an invite, we had to cancel, requeue, and then wait for another ~8 mins T_T
    yeah, its possible no doubt but extremely time consuming like you said. I was Method's 40 man HK premades for awhile and it would take us a solid 45 minutes just to get into a group some times (and it was with using an addon that automated the process)

The idea that russians are systematically doing this is similar to say, taking a shitty route to work at 8 am and always getting stuck in traffic. So rather than saying "damn I should go another way" (not instantly give up, and actually play the objective) I instead assume the entire town is conspiring against me to all block my way as I go to work.

Its dumb. As fuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Praytell View Post
    "Russians beat me really hard, it must be the fact they are russians. The vodka fuels them too hard"
    Fueled by vodka!!! Hahaha
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

yeah, its possible no doubt but extremely time consuming like you said. I was Method's 40 man HK premades for awhile and it would take us a solid 45 minutes just to get into a group some times (and it was with using an addon that automated the process)
    But it's a nice scapegoat, the most popular one for sure

The only other nation people often hated to play against in BGs were Germans, at least people used to bitch about them quite a lot, not sure about now, but obv for the same reasons
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-01 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    But it's a nice scapegoat, the most popular one for sure

The only other nation people often hated to play against in BGs were Germans, at least people used to bitch about them quite a lot, not sure about now, obv for the same reasons
    When I searched for my post I quoted above, I found myself saying that too. Pretty funny. Bad players find the best shit to scapegoat. - 2014 Sliske below

Who cares?

You get russians in LFR, LFD and random BGs.

Explain where communication is needed in these?

Oh right, it isn't.

Also, bots are used by everyone.

Hating on Russians is just where the racist pendulum has swung, formerly on Portuguese and German players, it has now swung to Russians.

And before you mention "rbg targeting", learn to bind /assist <death knight / target callers name>.

The fact that you choose to limit yourselves to calling out someones name, having all your dps find that target and then swap to it is down to you. Meanwhile, decent RBG groups use assist.
    by 'bots are used by everyone' i meant all regions, of course