Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Please check my logs and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I don't usually ask these kind of things but im in a bit of a rush to get better. I just swapped from WW monk to DH and i had a poor showing in my first raid with a DH last night. On my WW im always 70-90% on my the DH i did really bad often below 50%.

If anyone would have a moment and give a quick scan and let me know where im going wrong if would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...810097/latest/

Sixsixty-thrall us

Sorry not sure how I missed the fix my doe sticky, I'll post this there. Need more coffee...
    Last edited by Dirdie; 2017-02-01 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    I'm a noob Demon Hunter and i have low item level so...here goes nothing.

You are not using Throw Glaive with Bloodlet and that's MY 3rd "most damaging spell".
    You are not using Fel Rush and thats my 2nd most damaging spell in Aoe fights.
    Are you sure Demon Blades is better than Demon's bite spam? (like i said i'm a noob and i'm not sure about this one)

I used your DPS stats VS Scorpyron
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-02-01 at 02:49 PM.

So I just looked at the anomaly fight.
    First thing that jumped out at me was that you took Fel Barrage which is not necessary on this encounter. FotI and Eye Beam are enough burst aoe to deal with the adds.
    Then I noticed something super weird.
    A - you didnt use Fel Eruption a single time this fight
    B - nor Nemesis
    C - nor Momentum

So that means the entire 106 talent tier.....which is surely the most powerful one in the entire DH tree....was completely ignored.
    That's bad.
    More later as I look at a few more fights.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    On that fight the boss got face pulled, so I didn't have time to swap fel barrage. I would of had nemisis talented, and I didn't use it? That's really odd I usually use it on CD

Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    On that fight the boss got face pulled, so I didn't have time to swap fel barrage. I would of had nemisis talented, and I didn't use it? That's really odd I usually use it on CD
    Yeah I lied. Nemesis wasn't showing under either buffs or debuffs, but I looked under casts and it shows, so disregard =)

Deleted
    And why use Fel Blade if you use Demon Blades.
    Demon's Bite has a chance to reset the cooldown of Felblade. Without it is pointless (i think)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demons blades still resets fel blade.

Deleted
    Demons blades still resets fel blade.
    I had no idea.
    So my final opinion is to use more Throw Glaives with bloodlet to improve your Aoe Damage even further.
    And Fel Rush! Spam Fel Rush on Aoe fights, you will be surprised by how much damage it does

So several of the few few fights you were pulling 90+% for your ilvl so I'm not even going to critique those fights. Like Trilliax was a very good fight for you.
    I can see that some of the later fights you had lower %, so I'm going to assume that your problem isnt necessarily rotational in nature, as if you just don't know how to DH, but rather fight-specific. As in; you're not using the right abilities at the right times within the encounter.
    I'll dive further into this today as I'm able. See if we can't find something to improve. Definitely don't go bloodlet lol.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    So several of the few few fights you were pulling 90+% for your ilvl so I'm not even going to critique those fights. Like Trilliax was a very good fight for you.
    I can see that some of the later fights you had lower %, so I'm going to assume that your problem isnt necessarily rotational in nature, as if you just don't know how to DH, but rather fight-specific. As in; you're not using the right abilities at the right times within the encounter.
    I'll dive further into this today as I'm able. See if we can't find something to improve. Definitely don't go bloodlet lol.
    Thanks for the feedback, your time is appreciated.

Just out of curiousity....you mentioned that you just switched to DH. What do you have in the way of legendaries and how many traits in your artifact?

Your talents are pretty much correct.

I looked at you Star Augur kill and noticed a few things.
    1. you missed one whole Fury of the Illidary because you delayed it later into the fight, try to use it every 60sec after the one on pull
    2. you couldve actually got a third meta in for ~20 secs if you didnt delay your 2nd one
    3. You used Eye beam while in Metamorph/BL
    4. You only casted 3 annihilations while in the 2nd meta, if you didnt have enough fury see 3.
    5. Try to use Fel Rush on CD
    6. Use Throw Glaive when you have no Fury/Fel Rush charges or nothing else to do

And as a side note, get a 2nd dps legendary and you might want to look for a bit more crit, 34% without 4set is really low + you might want to run a few more mythic+, since you only did 6 on this char
    Last edited by Szera; 2017-02-01 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typos

Deleted
    Man, these DH topics always have a parade of terrible advice.

Bloodlet is crap now unless you have 3 sustained targets. On botanist it can be good only if you have the TG legendary and only if that portion of the fight lasts long enough.

Basically your Fury/second is low. If we look at the fights where its exceptionally low (krosus), it looks like you just didn't do anything for almost 25 seconds. Additionally 34% crit is far too low. You want to aim for at least 40%, as anything lower than that tanks your F/S.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Serra, good advice, I have 36!traits in my weapon. For legendaries I have a belt and tank wrists(messed up loot selection).

Mythic+ is on the meni for the rest of the week.

- - - Updated - - -

I died on Krosus, fel rushed into the sea...

So I'll work on the more crit. Every time I sim it puts haste slightly ahead of mastery, is that correct? Every guide I read or watch says crit then mastery and very little about haste.

Once again thank you all for the feedback.

I actually want to direct this @Shadowpunkz

I know you said you are a noob DH, but I wanted to let you know a lot has changed since 7.1.5.

you mentioned Throw Glaive and Bloodlet being your 3rd most damaging spell...I would suggest you change to First Blood instead of Bloodlet and put Blade Dance/Death Sweep as your #1 priority ability regardless of number of enemies. you should see a noticeable difference immediately.

Also you mentioned Fel Rush...unless you take Momentum (which you shouldn't) Fel Rush is lower on our priority list now. It is basically "try to keep it off 2 charges"

The "cookie cutter" raid spec now is Felblade, Demon Blades, First Blood, <your choice...I like Netherwalk>, Nemesis, The Glaive one, Chaos Blades

Again, not trying to rip on you, it just sounds like you might be running on 7.1's information and wanted to let you know it's been updated

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

So I'll work on the more crit. Every time I sim it puts haste slightly ahead of mastery, is that correct? Every guide I read or watch says crit then mastery and very little about haste.

The SimC up until last night's nightly build was not properly valuing Mastery (it had it under valued by a bit)

Update to yesterday's nightly and see what your ranks are now. My Mastery rank went up from right below haste (C>V>H>M) to right below crit (C>M>V=H)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I actually want to direct this @Shadowpunkz

I know you said you are a noob DH, but I wanted to let you know a lot has changed since 7.1.5.

you mentioned Throw Glaive and Bloodlet being your 3rd most damaging spell...I would suggest you change to First Blood instead of Bloodlet and put Blade Dance/Death Sweep as your #1 priority ability regardless of number of enemies. you should see a noticeable difference immediately.

Also you mentioned Fel Rush...unless you take Momentum (which you shouldn't) Fel Rush is lower on our priority list now. It is basically "try to keep it off 2 charges"

The "cookie cutter" raid spec now is Felblade, Demon Blades, First Blood, <your choice...I like Netherwalk>, Nemesis, The Glaive one, Chaos Blades

Again, not trying to rip on you, it just sounds like you might be running on 7.1's information and wanted to let you know it's been updated

Cheers!
    Thanks a lot.
    Like i said, im a noob demon hunter Havoc, i spent all Legion on Vengeance and only a couple days ago decided to try Havoc.
    Thanks for the help.

No worries.

If you mainly do it in Dungeons, you may want to try the Demonic build

Personally I find an assload more fun...but for the raids, the cookie cutter pulls ahead by a bit in pure single target

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Basically your Fury/second is low.
    This is the same conclusion I was coming to.
    Krosus is a great fight for DH. You pulled a 66th percentile despite taking a 30 second siesta mid-fight (I'm assuming you ate one of the tank-smashes), but man when I look at the fury generation tab yours is WAY below mine.
    My comparison Krosus fight was 3:50 long. Yours was 4:19 but you spent about :30 dead so our "active" time was almost identical.
    During your fight, you got 1677 fury from demon blades......I got 2240 from demon blades. That's a huge difference.
    "How in the world could the difference be that big?? Is RNG making this much difference??"
    I dug further and see that on mine, my demon blades proc rate was 70%....so some nice RNG for me.
    Your proc rate was 66% though, so you were even above the norm and only a little below my rate.
    Here's the key I found though....melee hits. Both you and I had "active" time of about 3:50 in our fights, so one would expect us to have very similar # of melee hits on the boss.
    However, I had 199 melee swings while you only had 160. That's a big big difference imo. In fights of "equal" length, I had 39 more chances to proc demon blades, generate fury, and use chaos strike.
    I have a little bit more passive haste than you do, but not enough to make this much difference. I do, however, have a Bloodthirsty Instinct equipped. Could the haste procs from BTI be giving me this many more swings? Maybe?
    Make sure that you aren't taking yourself our of melee range any more then necessary.

I do feel that fury gen is a big problem for you. You don't appear to have any of the fury "enhancers" yet. No AotHG, no 2pc/4pc....heck not even a Bloodthirsty Instinct that may be indirectly generating more fury for me than I realized via it's procs.

2pc/4pc will happen for you and both will help your fury gen issues. You might want to consider running Ursoc for a chance at a BTI. And of course pray for AotHG.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    @ufta

That's exactly the information i was hoping to get kudos my friend. I do have a Bloodthirsty Instinct but its 845 and the 855 agi/crit trinket was simming 5-6k higher in both single target and aoe situations. Maybe i will have to test it out for myself. I was feeling fury starved at times.
    Last edited by Dirdie; 2017-02-01 at 05:28 PM.