Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    For a country which population consists for 100% out of immigrants America sure as hell hates immigration.
    Stop with this. We dont hate immigration. We hate illegal immigration, and the drain it can cause on our system.

Refugees are a different topic, and I am not convinced we should accept thousands of them at a time. Other posters have different opinions about that and we will never convince each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Putin only helped Trump win the election, then paid him 19.5% share of Rosneft, a Russian oil company to do his bidding.

I mean, you could google all that, but it's not like far right wingers like you will ever admit that there's overwhelming evidence Trump is selling out his nation. Treason is just the tip of the iceberg of heinous crimes against humanity you would fall over like skittles to apologize for Trump.

Oh, and you are on ignore, like the rest of the Trumpets. Have fun.
    got to keep that echo chamber echoing
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

7+ Year Old Account
    For a country which population consists for 100% out of immigrants America sure as hell hates immigration.
    The philosophical question is legitimate. The entire world does not have some inherent right to live here, nor should we in other countries.

Now, you can discuss the qualities in people we are looking for, their skills, education, etc. That's all fair game. But it would be downright silly to say "ok, let everyone in."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    The philosophical question is legitimate. The entire world does not have some inherent right to live here, nor should we in other countries.

Now, you can discuss the qualities in people we are looking for, their skills, education, etc. That's all fair game. But it would be downright silly to say "ok, let everyone in."
    No it isn't, it's an exercise in veiled disparagement of refugees and immigrants. The US should have an open immigration policy because it benefits our global hegemony with brain drain, as well as the increased quality of life it provides here in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post

No it isn't, it's an exercise in veiled disparagement of refugees and immigrants. The US should have an open immigration policy because it benefits our global hegemony with brain drain, as well as the increased quality of life it provides here in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Why is it always the red staters who get all triggered by immigration anyway? Nobody is going to risk their lives to come all the way from Syria just to settle down in Mississippi, so if people in New York and California are generally in favor of taking in more immigrants, why abuse federal power to deny them that right?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Immigrants in what ways? A considerable number of families have lineages here stretching back to the 17th century. More over the first wave of arrivals were not what any rational person could describe as "Immigrants," unless we intend to re-brand William the Conqueror as William the Immigrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Putin only helped Trump win the election, then paid him 19.5% share of Rosneft, a Russian oil company to do his bidding.

I mean, you could google all that, but it's not like far right wingers like you will ever admit that there's overwhelming evidence Trump is selling out his nation. Treason is just the tip of the iceberg of heinous crimes against humanity you would fall over like skittles to apologize for Trump.

Oh, and you are on ignore, like the rest of the Trumpets. Have fun.
    Really? You got that Rosfnet paid Trump out of that article? Wow-weee. What amazing reading comprehension you have.

Deleted
    What do you expect from a country that sells guns to everyone which creates 12.000 homicide victims a year?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I've yet to ever get a good answer as to why people who oppose immigration, arguing that we should take care of our own citizens first, care about some random family down the road they know nothing about more than they care about some random family across the ocean that they know nothing about.

Sure, but Trump didn't even use that as justification himself. He cited 9/11 like a fucking fool.
    I've made the point as well. Isn't the duty of the State to the people who live here already as priority over people elsewhere?

After all I expect my mayor to focus on the inhabitants of my town versus the inhabitants of San Francisco.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    US is like a developing country compared to Nordic countries for example. So no way.
    Does the whole world have a right to live in the Nordic countries?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Stop with this. We dont hate immigration. We hate illegal immigration, and the drain it can cause on our system.

Refugees are a different topic, and I am not convinced we should accept thousands of them at a time. Other posters have different opinions about that and we will never convince each other.
    It's funny how people are so scared of a few thousand immigrants costing millions when u get fucked in the ass by big corporations and multimillionaires evading taxes and making deals costing your country trillions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Immigrants in what ways? A considerable number of families have lineages here stretching back to the 17th century. More over the first wave of arrivals were not what any rational person could describe as "Immigrants," unless we intend to re-brand William the Conqueror as William the Immigrant.
    Unless your a native American your heritage is that of an immigrant. And considering they used to send the people they didn't want in England there: a shitty immigrant.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-02-01 at 05:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless your a native American your heritage is that of an immigrant. And considering they used to send the people they didn't want in England there: a shitty immigrant.
    I would be an immigrant, as I was not born here and applied for citizenship and did all that.

My fiancees ancestors never asked the natives for citizenship. They conquered them and annihilated them. There is a noticeably difference between an immigrant and a conqueror. After all, I doubt the Aztecs considered Cortez an "immigrant."

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Except for the 500 million citizens of the European Union.
    So I have the RIGHT to just move to the USA and settle down, no fucking questions asked?

Muppet

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a bit of an argument over semantics. I happen to believe that "rights" and "freedoms" are concepts created by humans, and not some intrinsic idea that exists throughout time and space. I certainly do not believe that rights or freedoms come from a supreme being.

So does everyone in the world have a right to live in the United States? Well no, not in regards to our Constitution. Citizenship is strictly defined.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    A nation of immigrants hating on immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    A nation of immigrants hating on immigrants.

I'd say most nations are nations of immigrants. So, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Trump is doing the right thing. The state courts should back down already, for what they are doing is treason.
    What ever happened to state's rights, hmm?

Anyway, the various panicked "exclusion acts" of the past never really stack up under the lens of history, now do they?

How well are things like the Chinese exclusion act looked upon today, hmmm?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I would be an immigrant, as I was not born here and applied for citizenship and did all that.

My fiancees ancestors never asked the natives for citizenship. They conquered them and annihilated them. There is a noticeably difference between an immigrant and a conqueror. After all, I doubt the Aztecs considered Cortez an "immigrant."
    Then the Mexicans are conquerors too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then the Mexicans are conquerors too.
    In my opinion they are, and what a glorious successful conquest it was.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Wasn't America founded upon "All is welcome for a better life here without persecution"
    Except, you know. The natives.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Does the whole world have the right to live in America? This is a variant of the same question Europeans should have been asking for years. If you do not think that the whole world has the right to live in the USA then who should be allowed to live there and who should not? Who might be given priority?

If you believe in giving some people asylum, as I do, who should be given priority? Should asylum be forever? Or should there be a time-limit (such as up until such a time as your country of origin is deemed safe)? How do you deal with people who have been given asylum, whose reason for asylum is over (i.e. their country has returned to peace) but whose children have entered the school system (for instance)?

Finally? Is it objectively wrong to favor some types of refugees over others? After all Trumps intended preference for Christians from the Middle East? Is it wrong to preference a community who faces existential threat of annihilation? Or the Yazidi for example?

But if we must have no borders and anyone can come, is the United States, or Europe, prepared to house the entire worlds population?
    This is called a straw man argument. People are not arguing that everyone can come...although it does appear that you are hinting that no one should be allowed to come. There is a middle ground where the real discussions happen.