Very interesting to see the different strats used by Method and Serenity. Exorsus put up a kill video yet? Curious to see if they came up with a third strat or used one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutlol View Post
    This is nothing new even if that is true. Guilds did this en masse in Dragon Soul, bringing in other Arcane mages on their server who had the legendary staff. No more scummy than any other class stacking tactic.
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but people defend account sharing because the character is from the same guild and being played by a member of the guild. The toon is already a member it's just in the wrong hands. What we are talking about here is getting someone who isn't in the guild to come on and help the guild. The justification for account sharing is no longer valid. The guildnis actually going outside their group and getting a random to come in. In effect, it's not a guild kill. I don't see any similarities between the two with the latter being extremely scummy.

Can you post some evidence citing the use of outsiders for World First kills in Legion, WoD, MoP, etc. During BRF Paragon didn't have enough Boomkins to get the right comp on Blackhand and as a result they had to wait until the next reset. If this was standard practice then they would've solved the problem easily. I'm having a hard time believing this since it has never been mentioned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaz View Post
    And also Blood Legion borrowed a mage from Raiding Rainbows during Spine. It isn't anything new.
    A mage? Just one?

Did the thing that Fusion abuse get fixed ?
    ain't gonna try it, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    It took 12 days from what the first guilds got to Ragnaros until it was killed. It has only been 7 days since the race began.
    Lei Shen took just as long
    You can check wowprogress, that's not quite correct.

I put it together in a list here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-the-longest

Ragnaros was a bit over 11 days after the death of heroic Majordomo Staghelm. Lei Shen slightly over six days after the death of heroic Twin Consorts..

Gul'dan is about an hour away from 3 days after the death of mythic Elisande.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Black Hand lived till saturday of second reset I think, and Archimonde lived until thursday of third reset. So no its not longest surviving boss since Raggnaros, pretty sure Archimonde lived longer than Rag so not sure why people keeping bringing up Rag.
    Blackhand was 5 days after the destruction of mythic Blast Furnace.

Archimonde was 9 days after the death of mythic Mannoroth. Two days less than Ragnaros.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-02-01 at 11:12 PM.

And also Blood Legion borrowed a mage from Raiding Rainbows during Spine. It isn't anything new.
    Can you provide evidence of anything past Cata? The meta has certainly changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, that's why I asked. You know, that's what a question mark means. It means I was asking a question.
    Black Hand lived till saturday of second reset I think, and Archimonde lived until thursday of third reset. So no its not longest surviving boss since Raggnaros, pretty sure Archimonde lived longer than Rag so not sure why people keeping bringing up Rag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    Can you provide evidence of anything past Cata? The meta has certainly changed since then.
    4th Warlock for Lei Shen WF maybe.

I miss Paragon - and their beautiful kill videos - these dudes and dudettes were classy!

Jhazrun solo healing Garrosh 10-man

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noknoknokia View Post
    Wow you are so late, Exorsus killed starboy 1 hour ago, and Serenity downed elisandre 2 hours ago

Method 9/10
    Serenity 9/10
    Exorsus 8/10

Edit: Exorsus also 9/10 40mins ago
    I'm watching Wowprogress. I don't have time to stalk their individual feeds.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    long back in TBC when we there were no fatboss guides etc. we used to do the bosses ourselves. we used to make strategies ourselves. we used to wipe a dozen time. but once we figure out a boss we never wipe again. granted bosses back then were not as hard as now but hey there are no guides back then as far as i was aware of. no dungeon guides, no fatboss guides. IT WAS HOW WOW WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED. not watching some videos and kiling the boss.
    I was in the Sunwell progression race on the US side. Most of what you articulate is wrong. And Sunwell, to this day, remains one of the most tightly tuned instances Blizzard has ever released. Kaplan even mentioned on the old forums that it was somewhat overtuned and that they would never tune a boss as tightly as they did M'uru.

DBM and BigWigs were all updated from PTR data, EJ had various strategies posted, and things were posted all over the place regarding strategies people were using.

Kaplan even mentioned on the old forums that it was somewhat overtuned and that they would never tune a boss as tightly as they did M'uru.
    That's funny, since they immediately turned around and released Yogg-Saron, then the Lich King which were both as tightly or more tightly tuned than M'uru.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but people defend account sharing because the character is from the same guild and being played by a member of the guild. The toon is already a member it's just in the wrong hands. What we are talking about here is getting someone who isn't in the guild to come on and help the guild. The justification for account sharing is no longer valid. The guildnis actually going outside their group and getting a random to come in. In effect, it's not a guild kill. I don't see any similarities between the two with the latter being extremely scummy.

Can you post some evidence citing the use of outsiders for World First kills in Legion, WoD, MoP, etc. During BRF Paragon didn't have enough Boomkins to get the right comp on Blackhand and as a result they had to wait until the next reset. If this was standard practice then they would've solved the problem easily. I'm having a hard time believing this since it has never been mentioned.
    A guild kill is 16 out of 20. That criteria is defined by Blizzard. You must be the reason why Blizzard doesn't want to allow cross realm mythic from the start.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I miss Paragon - and their beautiful kill videos - these dudes and dudettes were classy!

Jhazrun solo healing Garrosh 10-man

Yeah, when kill videos used to have epic music, looking at now people just use some generic music straight out from your generic YouTube lets play channel...

But eh, each on their own i guess.

Personally I'm rooting for Serenity, what a comeback story that would be, with them having the lockout issue and such

Quote Originally Posted by Divax View Post
    Yeah, when kill videos used to have epic music, looking at now people just use some generic music straight out from your generic YouTube lets play channel...

But eh, each on their own i guess.
    Method and some other guilds usually save epic music for the last boss of a raid (with the exception of joke bosses like Xavius). Nothing has really changed.

Helya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXd...channel=Method

Archimonde: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx6i...channel=Method

Blackhand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHJ_...channel=Method

Imperator Mar'gok: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baWq...channel=Method

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    That's funny, since they immediately turned around and released Yogg-Saron, then the Lich King which were both as tightly or more tightly tuned than M'uru.
    Both of whom were end bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Paragon's videos were epic because they actually put put you inside the game. They gave information about what boss was being fought and kept boss voiceover going throughout the fight, and the music selection was appropriate to that boss, instead of some generic techno or dubstep or whatever.

Method's videos use a tiny bit of the same tactic by using boss voiceover here and there, but they generally turn that down in the mix, and keep themselves and their comms chat turned up. Different approach, not as epic to me, but I am sure others like it better so they can listen in to what's happening.

I stopped playing WoW a couple months ago but I still appreciate the WF race. I hope Method wins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Paragon's videos were epic because they actually put put you inside the game. They gave information about what boss was being fought and kept boss voiceover going throughout the fight, and the music selection was appropriate to that boss, instead of some generic techno or dubstep or whatever.

Method's videos use a tiny bit of the same tactic by using boss voiceover here and there, but they generally turn that down in the mix, and keep themselves and their comms chat turned up. Different approach, not as epic to me, but I am sure others like it better so they can listen in to what's happening.
    Agreed. Paragon's videos are the shit, they're on a completely different level. Loved the RP voiceovers at the beginning.
    HEROES NEVER DIE