Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its not Hyperbole. There is only two games on that list that will have a confirmed active online. The rest are up in the air, Arms may do well but the rest ether don't have confirmed online or are already out on other systems and may not sell well enough for it to matter.
    Ah the ole straw grasp when you get called on a fallacy.

All of those games have online MP, the only question really is Xenoblade which I added the question to.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Cheap online, great. VR, I can't believe. The Xbox One and PS4 are too weak for VR, it would probably be nothing better than Google Cardboard/Gear VR.
    That's exactly what it is. A headset you slot the switch into
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Why would you get them for free? You have them on the Wii U already. A rebate would be nice though.
    For the same reason I get the games for free (when I buy them digital or otherwise) when I buy a new PC (steam, GoG, Blizzard), Xbox and PlayStation. I don't have to buy a new wow account when I get a new computer right? Why can't stupid Nintendo get with modern times?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ah the ole straw grasp when you get called on a fallacy.

All of those games have online MP, the only question really is Xenoblade which I added the question to.
    Yes they will have MP, so does Battleborn on PC. Just because it has it doesn't mean people will be playing it. Just like there was a ton of games on the Wii-U with online but only a handful was active.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Any word on what happens to our wii U digital games? If I can't transfer them - or even worse I have to buy them again - Ill never buy a Switch.
    Switch is not backwards compatible. With wiiu or 3ds.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Switch is not backwards compatible. With wiiu or 3ds.
    Then it is even more of a bigger piece of shit then I thought.

Where are you going to insert a disk on The Switch?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Not sure how you expected the thing to be backwards compatible with the Wii U without 2 screens and without a disc drive.

Best you could hope for is Nintendo enabling cross buy on VC shit(which they should, but won't. Fuck you buy your games for a 5th time-Nintendo)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you going to insert a disk on The Switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not sure how you expected the thing to be backwards compatible with the Wii U without 2 screens and without a disc drive.

Best you could hope for is Nintendo enabling cross buy on VC shit(which they should, but won't. Fuck you buy your games for a 5th time-Nintendo)
    Digital content.

I bought Super Mario Bros 3, I should be able to play it again (when available) on the Switch.

Ever heard about Nintendo Accounts? What happens too all that digital content that Nintendo players bought?

That's exactly what it is. A headset you slot the switch into
    I'm saying it would be at the same quality as phone VR. Which is to say, not good. The Switch is 720p, the early Rift devkits that were 720p (per EYE) were already considered pretty bad due to the low resolution four years ago. Never mind that the Switch isn't even strong enough for games like Resident Evil 7 (so, at best, it would have indie-level stuff like Superhot).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Digital content.
    ...has digital content for any console ever been backwards/forwards compatible? Like...ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...has digital content for any console ever been backwards/forwards compatible? Like...ever?
    Backwards compatible 360 games are

Backwards compatible 360 games are
    Only until recent and not all...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know with the Xbox you can with a lot of digital purchases. They have been slowly moving a lot of them into the market place or whatever it is called.

PlayStation I am not sure, but I do know they are more resistant to it, which is why I won't buy one. I have a playstation account for the PSTV and it says I can play those games one. Not tested.

Computers, well we all know the answer to that.

PS1 classics across PSP/PS3 where all available day 1 on the Vita. PSP digital games as well all ready day 1 on the Vita.

Any 360 game that gets a BC version on Xbox One immediately shows up in your download que on Xbox One(if you owned the game digitally).

It's not unprecedented, but Nintendo has shown at best they will offer "upgrade" discounts for their VC shit. Any non VC digital purchase has no chance of ever being BC on the Switch thanks to their only being 1 screen and the touch screen not being used much for gaming.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-02 at 12:06 AM.

Ok going to go in order here.

1. A "Nintendostation" has been highly requested by the community since the Wii. People are tried of Nintendo doing gimmicks.
    Yeah, a lot of people, maybe mostly older Nintendo-fans say they want a classic, powerful Nintendo home console. Not sure why, since people caring a lot about Naughty Dog / Rockstar games, shooters and other popular third party console game already have a ps4/xbone/gaming pc. Why want something you have from before, playing the games you can get on your existing system? Would they not rather have Nintendo giving up hardware all together and going third party?

2. The Playstation was not trying to be different or gimmicky so no clue what you are talking about here. Due to PC gaming gaining some ground the Playstation was just putting that into a console form factor. The Nintendo 64 was the gimmick system of that era. It was also underpowered (But had enough power to complete). What hurt the Nintendo 64 the most was the fact they stayed with cartridge's. That is why it got really late and really watered down ports of games. RE2 for example was scaled down to work on the N64 and suffered in quality because of it. Other 3rd party titles was just outright canceled (Final Fantasy 7 for example). Nintendo realized way too late the issue they had with cartridge's. They was going to release there disk drive for it but it failed in japan and never saw a world wide release.
    Well, that's innovation, something people in here often confuse with gimmicks, just using the same term to poke them a little.
    Cartridge was not a crazy or stupid choice at the time. There were a lot of concerns about CD as storage, like copy protection and loading time. Yet in the end, it proved to be the better medium. Kudos to Sony to taking the chance and making it work. It was not underpowered next to the Playstation. N64 had better hardware, but the PS could hold more data for textures etc. I'd say it's a draw. Anyways, N64 was not supposed to do things very differently other than what it did well.

3. The Gamecube releasing a year later was not why it did so bad. It did so bad due to having the mini-disk. Many 3rd party titles would take 2 or more disks to run on the gamecube and it was not worth it. If you recall Resident Evil 4 was ment as a Gamecube exclusive but later ported to Ps2 due to lack of sells. RE4 was 2 disk on Gamecube and 1 dvd on ps2.
    I don't agree that this is the main reason why it didn't sell well. No DVD, no online play, branded as a kid's toy due to its design are equally important factors, and these are just to name a few.

4. Once again The Switch is going to miss out on 3rd party ports because of its lack of power. As a handheld its a amazing system and powerful. But Nintendo is NOT marketing it as a handheld (3DS) replacement. They are marketing it as a home console and as a home console I don't have to own it to say its lackluster. Even groups like Digital Foundry are stating as much.
    Yes, you won't see Battlefield 1 on a Switch, but I don't think there are a huge amount of people out there that today still lacks a device to play Battlefield 1 on. So BF on the Switch won't sell many more, unless it also adds something else as well. Yes, I have no idea why Nintendo insists that this is a home console with support for portable gaming, instead of focusing on the portable aspect, and keeping the sofa parts a bit in the background.

5. Like it or not Nintendo (Sony and Microsoft as well) NEEDS 3rd party support. Nintendo games are fun and great quality. But many are not going to buy a system to play maybe 3 games a year on it. The system needs a good mix of 3rd party support and first party support.
    Sure, but they don't need good third party titles years after they were released on the competitor's consoles. The ship has sailed for Nintendo this round. We can only hope they will makes some Switch exclusives.

6. The Switch is already receiving negative press due to the stupid phone app and lackluster launch lineup. If they just built a Nintendostation that was equal to a Ps4 (Original not pro) they would have a better launch lineup due to more 3rd party support.
    But then again, why buy games you either already own, or know will come to the system you already have. I don't think there are tens of millions of people that are interested in third party games that don't already have something to play these on. No idea what they are thinking regarding the phone app. It sounds stupid and unnecessary.

Hell as it stands The Switch doesn't even have a dam achievement system and that is something that's needed. It gives games replay ability and clearly the gaming community likes such systems just look at Playstation,Xbox,Steam,Origin and so on.
    Sure, Nintendo sucks on online communities and stats. But that shouldn't change the concept of the switch much.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2017-02-02 at 12:45 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

Digital content.

I bought Super Mario Bros 3, I should be able to play it again (when available) on the Switch.

Ever heard about Nintendo Accounts? What happens too all that digital content that Nintendo players bought?
    Let me introduce you to nintendo eShop: The "Nintendo account" doesn't exist. All games bought in eShop are tagged only to the console they were bought on. That's why you need to go through the System Transfer process to access any eShop games on other machine instead of just logging in and downloading.

25$ is a shit pricing. It's not cheap if it doesn't offer anything of value. Locking behind multilayer behind it and forcing a smart phone app for match making is not value
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

For the same reason I get the games for free (when I buy them digital or otherwise) when I buy a new PC (steam, GoG, Blizzard), Xbox and PlayStation. I don't have to buy a new wow account when I get a new computer right? Why can't stupid Nintendo get with modern times?
    PC isn't really a fair comparison, it's pretty much the exception because of how it works. Playstation simply isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne