Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Another thread where no liberal understands that if it was a popular vote from the beginning way more people would have voted and so therefor we dont have accurate popular vote numbers. But ya, no. Keep pretending your the "smarter" party
    So in that logic you're confident right wing ideology would be more popular in a true popular vote election? We should do it then and see what happens.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Another thread where no liberal understands that if it was a popular vote from the beginning way more people would have voted and so therefor we dont have accurate popular vote numbers. But ya, no. Keep pretending your the "smarter" party
    you're*

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    So in that logic you're confident right wing ideology would be more popular in a true popular vote election? We should do it then and see what happens.
    I'd be more confident that logic and reasoning would be more popular in a True popular vote Election. But that doesn't really apply to either side of American politics at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Neither is screaming 'libtards' and 'cucks.' Both sides do it, Trump does it more.
    I guess that's why there are Celebrities everywhere on the Right inciting protesters and being general idiots in the Media.

oh wait.. Nope that's the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Let's do a recount of California first. Then I'd be game for another vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Let's do a recount of California first. Then I'd be game for another vote.
    Alright deal
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-02-01 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I guess that's why there are Celebrities everywhere on the Right inciting protesters and being general idiots in the Media.

oh wait.. Nope that's the other side.
    Time was, that was Trump. Calling for revolution when he thought Romney was winning the pop, being an idiot in the media... always. Fits the description pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The Hysteria still going on around Trump's presidency just shows how juvenile and idiotic the regressives of America are.
    Protests are always "juvenile" or whatever when they're not your protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Section 5. Part B:

Ask Trump... I have nothing, but assumptions, to why Trump excluded every single country that's had an individual attack US soil since 1975. I have no clue why Trump excluded Pakistan, who harbored Bin Laden a few miles from their version of pentagon. I have no clue why Russia will get preferential treatment in discussing their sanctions, when they are actively building nuclear reactors in Iran. I have no clue why Trump is the only president to not put his business in a blind trust. I have no clue why he avoided banning countries that he has business in. I have no clue why he is justifying it, by saying the guy who founded ISIS made the list he is using. I have no clue why Saudi Arabia, a country Trump claimed isn't on a terrorist list due to Hillary connection, is still excluded from his list.

But, I'm not the one creating excuses for all this. So, it's not my place to assume what the goal of Trump is. My point is that's what he did, not why... that's your job when justifying it...
    Refugees arent immigrants, how is giving christians being slaughtered, who have to pay a tax for being christian different than prioritizing jews during the holocaust? If the holocaust happens again should we not be allowed to prioritize in times of crises?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I do wonder where all these high up and mature Conservatives were when their party was throwing a fucking shitfit, and spawning the Tea Party.

I have my theories, but none of them really shine a good light on them.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Refugees arent immigrants, how is giving christians being slaughtered, who have to pay a tax for being christian different than prioritizing jews during the holocaust? If the holocaust happens again should we not be allowed to prioritize in times of crises?
    No one has any problem with helping christian refugees. We have a problem with helping only them. You can talk about prioritizing all you like, but that's not what's happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Because Christians aren't being exclusively targeted. The majority of the people killed by ISIS are Muslims, actually. And not just one sect, both sides are getting hit hard.

This myth that Christians are singled out and somehow "special" victims needs to stop. They're all victims and they all deserve help and support from the international community.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    You might want to take another look at what happened. Here's a nice article about the bombshttp://www.ihr.org/jhr/v16/v16n3p-4_weber.html

And to address the last part - the article primarily goes on about how by making Trump into such an extraordinary entity(i.e. literally Hitler, worse than everyone else) only serves to make the previous status quo attractive although it was plagued by many other issues i.e. Vietnam, Iraq, funding rebel groups to fight other rebel groups, bombing of countries, intervention in elections and coups, etc.

Also, you say that "we" know what the results of his actions will be and that Trump is historically illiterate. Without any examples it's kind of hard to take that seriously as recently experts on brexit and the US elections were proved wrong. That and there's the fact that no one knows what the effect of actions will be until they are done. You will have expert opinions and they are worth a look (assuming they are impartial) but that's not know, that's an educated guess. Couple educated guesses with the recently spectacularly wrong experts, constant ridiculous nitpicking, and anti-trump hysteria and you're looking at the people who voted for him only being more convinced that they made the right decision.

If instead of going the route of "everyone i don't like is hitler" when someone disagrees with immigration policies or doesn't mention the jews by name in a speech about the holocaust then you would have a good chance of making something happen. As things are right now the US will be polarized until Trump either does what he promised and it works out or he fails spectacularly. The left will keep calling Trump hitler for anything he does and the right will keep calling the left regressives SJWs.
    Good job finding one article to support your view ... you do know that there are about 1 for 1 in that category? I am not wrong because there are historians that disagree with you. Some feel the bombs had no impact, others feel it did. There were still many Japanese military leaders who were for the defense to the last man ... even after the bombs, the bombs are believe to have aid the surrender.

You disagree with the stance if you repeat an action, we can suspect a similar result? Good to know that logic doesn't need apply to you.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2017-02-01 at 11:34 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    (source)

The cries of how abnormal, demonic, or evil and unique Trumps presidency are ignore and Whitewash the very recent and distant grizzly History of American presidents. At worse this seems a collective establishment whitewash to deny the very real horrors they have done and try to co-opt the Left into ignoring that or even normalizing the atrocities that were committed very recently.
    Hmmm...
    No, fascism is still bad. Nice try.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The protests the few idiots on the Republican side held when Obama was sworn in were also as Juvenile and idiotic. Because just like the current idiots doing it, they were mostly done on the basis of nothing and by people that didn't even look into what was actually happening and just wanted to be butthurt for the sake of being butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Hmmm...
    No, fascism is still bad. Nice try.
    Written by someone who obviously doesn't know what fascism is.

p.s. patriotism is different from nationalism, and no matter how you analyze what he has said and what he has done, it's obvious he's the former, not the latter.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-02-02 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Written by someone who obviously doesn't know what fascism is.
    given the age range and geographical location of most people on this board, very few will know, even on an academic level, what fascism actually is and looks like (as opposed to the quickly diluting verbal throwing-stone that the term has become in informal conversation), and fewer still will have first hand experience with living under an out-and-out fascist regime.

What I'm trying to say is, most posts on these forums will fit the description you gave

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    given the age range and geographical location of most people on this board, very few will know, even on an academic level, what fascism actually is and looks like (as opposed to the quickly diluting verbal throwing-stone that the term has become in informal conversation), and fewer still will have first hand experience with living under an out-and-out fascist regime.

What I'm trying to say is, most posts on these forums will fit the description you gave
    You're right. But even people around my age, many of whom have some experience of it, are likely to throw the word at anyone who disagrees with their political viewpoints.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What exactly are the "smart" things that Trump is doing?
    Why, handing over the reins of the government to the mega-rich! They're successful businessmen, so that means the country will be successful, and the people too, right?

Sitting here in Canada, just laughing at the echo chamber on both sides.

From a completely unbiased/don't care about any of your "issues" view... The amount of attention disorder I see on major news regarding US politics is absurd, there is no fact checking, no responsibility, and an obvious agenda. When things that make major headlines and are protested about with such rage (The mom dying because of a travel ban for instance) are proven to be lies, well, its on to the next manufactured outrage!

You have massively funded corporations and special interests pushing hard left, and an authoritarian pushing hard right, and instead of hanging out in the middle and questioning whats actually happening instead of emotion, well... emotion.

You're getting played.

15+ Year Old Account
    "If we harshly criticize Trump then it's going to make the bad people of history less bad!"

What a complete failure of logic. But that's par for the course for the OP.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"