no mixing plz
    I'm very happy for the remove of Thal'dranath
    as I hate the Idea of the broken shore
    cant wait for 7.3 to sub back

- - - Updated - - -

from Warcraft 3 I wanted to see argus
    not orc mix legion
    or elv mix legion
    I want my character to die brox death in argus so legion will be my last long life journey in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Every single Blizzcon since the announcement of TBC has done this.

Also, it's not just game companies that do this. Every company that produces an entertainment product has early concepts that people other than the crew see. Movies, games, tv shows etc. It's a reality that you seem to have extreme difficulty accepting.

Quite frankly this seems less about pining over lost content and more about you having a poor grasp on how these processes work.
    So because something has always been done it's ok? Do I REALLY need to point out everything wrong with that line of thinking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So because something has always been done it's ok? Do I REALLY need to point out everything wrong with that line of thinking?
    Yes. It is ok to express ideas and passion for a project you're working on, even if not everything you've expressed makes it into the final product.

Your lack of ability to understand that doesn't translate to it being an issue. In fact, that comes across as pretty ignorant.

If it was cut for Argus then i say good riddance

I dont think i can take any more crack head Elfs!

Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    If it was cut for Argus then i say good riddance

I dont think i can take any more crack head Elfs!
    agree its legion expansion not twink elves expansion

I think you guys are missing the point here. Blizzard has a track record of building up hype for WoW expansions with these kinds of pictures showing content, then later on saying "Sorry! Not gonna happen". Suddenly it's ok because they promise something else that's "cooler" than another set of elven ruins? That's not even implemented yet?

The point I was making that Blizzard(and other game companies) need to stop with the hype they can't, or won't, deliver on.
    Well I'd agree with you on that with that whole WoD fiasco(capital cities, garrison features, ashran features), but not on Thal'Dranath partictularly, because they really didn't make a big thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Ok, Ravenmoon. Judging by seeing your posts, I can make assumptions on 3 things:

1. You act as if WOW is your life, and cry about something not being delivered (Which is every game ever).

2. You say that people have been "Managed" when you show no links to guide your back-up.

3. You seem salty right now, and you need to take a chill-pill.

Now, Allow me to clear out 3 things:

1. Blizzard NEVER promised Thal'dranath to be a "Fully Fledged" out thing. Infact, they told us not to hold promises, BECAUSE of the whole farahlon incident.

2. Thal'dranath is not COMPLETELY cut out from the game. Infact, it's the broken shore. So, in a sense, we DID get the Thal'dranath patch we were looking for. (As stated by the ToS Audio Drama).

3. Argus is NOT going to be its own expansion. Ion said it, there are too many hints about it being a patch already, we needed a third tier, and there are still Old Gods among us.

Quit Complaining, and quit acting superior to everyone. Thank you For Listening.

you've certainly sussed me out /applause [... /sarcasm off]

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

it's not rushing, it's being smart - and cutting to pull the content in faster. This is good for many of you - afterall you hate waiting 1 year for an expansion right? you won't if they give you the first zone as patch and the rest later.

They tell you "we don't want to do another elven ruins place" and the psychology in your head is switched - the way it is said makes you feel like another elven island would be terrible, that they couldn't think of something awesome and you agree - so you're happy, not another elven zone, like you've had tons of those in every expansion that's been overflowing with night elves and their ruins .........
    You're a patronizing shit aren't yah? lol

I think you guys are missing the point here. Blizzard has a track record of building up hype for WoW expansions with these kinds of pictures showing content, then later on saying "Sorry! Not gonna happen". Suddenly it's ok because they promise something else that's "cooler" than another set of elven ruins? That's not even implemented yet?

The point I was making that Blizzard(and other game companies) need to stop with the hype they can't, or won't, deliver on.
    Personally, I would prefer they keep quiet up until maybe one month before release, then release some information about it.

Of course, if they do that, then other people would complain about Blizzard being secretive, not talking to their customers base etc.

Talk about ideas and concepts and some would consider them to be in the final game and moan about broken promises.

Keep quiet and other people would then complain about them not engaging with their customers.

Blizzard cannot win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Personally, I would prefer they keep quiet up until maybe one month before release, then release some information about it.

Of course, if they do that, then other people would complain about Blizzard being secretive, not talking to their customers base etc.

Talk about ideas and concepts and some would consider them to be in the final game and moan about broken promises.

Keep quiet and other people would then complain about them not engaging with their customers.

Blizzard cannot win.
    Sure they can win. Just talk about stuff they're actually going to implement instead of hyping stuff that's still in a conceptual stage.

Sure they can win. Just talk about stuff they're actually going to implement instead of hyping stuff that's still in a conceptual stage.
    They didn't hype it though.
    Any hype you had was your own invention.

So I guess, you've noting to be unsatisfied with? They're already doing what you want.

you've certainly sussed me out /applause [... /sarcasm off]
    So, you just proved the fact that you have no evidence to back your claims? Well then, I'm impressed. You gave up. Did better than most trolls I see on this site. Great trolling mate.

Why do Night Elf fans whine so dang much. Seriously, they're a bit notorious in the RP community for being such cry babies over every little supposed slight against their precious purple elves.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I sourced this earlier:
    Can you tell me where, or at least what part, so I don't have to listen to all hour and a half just to find it?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Why do Night Elf fans whine so dang much. Seriously, they're a bit notorious in the RP community for being such cry babies over every little supposed slight against their precious purple elves.
    Its just ravenmoon to be honest

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The much cooler idea they announced in place of Thal'dranath? was the first zone for the next expansion, and then it was re-marketed as "a much better idea" - but really what it was was streamlining and then "handling" YOU the community by spinning it to make is sound cool

"we thought it would be boring to do - yet another Elven ruins place" - no you didn't, you decided to cut it, so you could get the new expansion out faster, just like Ogre island in WoD. Now some would applaud the decision, but we are not plebs to be "handled" and manipulated like this is some politics show or courtroom jury.

- i don't like this level of sneakiness, be more open with us and bite the bullet. And you are cutting a lot of stuff - but it's your game and your decision. I don't like being "managed"
    the process of making an expansion probably involves lots and lots of ideas being thrown around, not all of which make it into the final product for a variety of reasons. are you honestly saying that this expansion sucks because they didn't include Thal'dranath? we have the Broken Isles, the Broken Shore and soon Argus. that's a pretty wide variety of environments. and who knows, they might be saving it for an expac down the line. must you complain about everything? just play the game!!

edit: you also clearly don't understand any lore at all because you would know that Thal'dranath IS in the game in 7.2 - it is the Broken Shore leading up to Tomb of Sargeras.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2017-02-02 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Can you tell me where, or at least what part, so I don't have to listen to all hour and a half just to find it?
    I can't actually. Last time I listened to it was August. Its as Gul'daniel is heading to the Tomb though, before Dadgar gets involved.

They can start to implement a feature with good intention but it can still scraped at a late stage. It happens all the time in game design. They most likely have scrapped more ideas than was released.

When they release conceptual ideas, of they course they sound excited. Would people be interested if the developers does not sound excited?

No developers or game designers likes having an idea, implemented started only for it to be scrapped mid way. They don't do this likely but they have to.

If you worked in the software industry, you would know this is part of the development process.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Its just ravenmoon to be honest
    Yeah.

I'm a big elven fan but at the same time can easily see that apart from two zones you have launch and the first patch being near enough all about Elves is easily enough for an expansion about the legion. Thal'danath would just bring us into Elven fatigue which is bad enough for most people. It's one reason why people get fed up with Orcs and Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    ITT: people still thinking Argus is the next expansion.
    Yeah, it's pretty amusing. Not gonna happen, they've already pretty much said so. We've seen enough of the Legion

South Seas / Old Gods here we come.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.