Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    2 meters is really nothing,
    There is around 70m worth of sea level rise stored in the Antarctic ... no where near 70m will be released of course, but it shows how small a percentage is required to make a huge impact on the overall sea level.

That doesn't take into account water getting bigger as it gets warmer either.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is around 70m worth of sea level rise stored in the Antarctic ... no where near 70m will be released of course, but it shows how small a percentage is required to make a huge impact on the overall sea level.

That doesn't take into account water getting bigger as it gets warmer either.
    I live on an elevation that is considerably higher than that, so I don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I live on an elevation that is considerably higher than that, so I don't really care.
    So you'll just have to deal with major shifts in weather patterns, precipitation, flooding, drought, changes in growing seasons, acidification of soils, should I keep going?

Sea level rise is one of the easiest effects to quantify and measure, but it's by no means the only negative consequence of climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Sorry but if you americans are happy with ruining the earth even more? Then fuck me, you guys are really terrible. (Those who support this ofc)
    dont forget, americans have trump as their president too lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Deleted
    His impeachment is nearing anyway, give it a year and Pence will be president.

I'm getting a major "Squidbillies" vibe with the Truck-Boat-Truck silliness...
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    What in the fuck do you need tons of torque, power, and horsepower for. That's fucking stupid. It's a car it's used for carrying a few things and getting from A-B. Hybrids do that.
    Its called fun and hybrids arent fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Record-low levels of Arctic Sea ice

http://www.accuweather.com/en/videos.../5306401929001

As temperatures at the North Pole in November and December were 10 degrees warmer than average, Global sea ice levels are also at a record low, science

Really fucking smart way to go, Trumpettes. This is going to go exponential very shortly, some say it has already begun. We're already losing 150-200 species of flora and fauna every day. That's about 65,000 a year.

What are you half wits going to eat when food shortages become rampant from loss of habitat, the Sixth Mass Extinction that we are now in? Rocks and dead trees? Your stores of survivalist canned goods? Maybe you can scrape some tar to munch on from one of Rex Tillerson's empty oil barrels?

It isn't going to take another 50 or 100 or 500 years. We'll be lucky if in 10 years there are any humans left from this temperature rise. That's not hyperbole.

Deleted
    Taking a very HIGH and REAL risk to loose everything we have just to get a little bit of comfort/lifestyle/wealth or whatever good people expect from this is basically jailworth level of stupidity. I hope there is a way to stop this madman because I don´t feel like seeing newspapers report about political, ethical and now enviromental troubles popping out of the ground like mushrooms on steroids for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    And another potty mouth.
    In what way am I clueless my friend?
    Need your safe space from a few 4 letter words? Everything. You literally know NOTHING of what you are talking about. That or you live in this place called Bizarro world.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    This news made my day. Trump will be pulling us out of the Draconian Paris Accord real soon. We will now be able to reverse course and not be stuck all driving tiny ugly electric and hybrid vehicles in 5 years. and we can start bringing back more higher paying jobs

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/tr...bell-1.3958452
    Total unmitigated disaster, exactly like we predicted

Deleted
    No, but we like to be able to carry more than 2 bags of groceries home, and we like to have lots of power in our vehicles. You dont get a lot of power and torque in a 3 or 4 cylinder engine. We like our vehicles to look stylish and sporty, not tiny and boxy
    THE 3 fastest + most powerful road cars are hybrid, and are paving the way for the tech to trickle down to other sport cars...

Fun fact, all 3 are European.

Its called fun and hybrids arent fun

It is very obvious we need to raise gas taxes by 2-3 dollars a gallon to teach proper handling of natural resources

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Your ignorance is deplorable ... apparently you don't even know what gravity and/or electricity are, judging from your statement!

You can't be this stupid ...
    He literally is. Either he has made thousands of posts playing this character or he really is that ignorant. Going to go with the last one. Considering everything that Democrats do, he boos. Even if it is good for him. But things that Republicans do? He cheers the fuck out of it. Even if it destroys his livelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    This is going to go exponential very shortly, some say it has already begun.
    Actually - it won't go exponential ... the issue will be systemic change.

Within the current environmental parameters - the CO2 level has reducing effect on the temperature to a flatline.

The issue that is of more concern is what is called systemic change, something covered by Chaos Theory... in effect at some point the whole system just clicks into a new normal.

We have no idea what that click would be... we just don't have enough knowledge to know what the result will be, but we are getting closer to knowing when it will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Total unmitigated disaster, exactly like we predicted
    Amazing - Trump is breaking tradition even further, doing exactly what he promised.

This time however - that's now what we wanted.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account

Within the current environmental parameters - the CO2 level has reducing effect on the temperature to a flatline.

The issue that is of more concern is what is called systemic change, something covered by Chaos Theory... in effect at some point the whole system just clicks into a new normal.

We have no idea what that click would be... we just don't have enough knowledge to know what the result will be, but we are getting closer to knowing when it will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing - Trump is breaking tradition even further, doing exactly what he promised.

This time however - that's now what we wanted.
    For a potential example of this kind of change, this graph's been making the rounds lately;

Now, to be clear, this is sea ice AREA, not EXTENT, and not VOLUME. It also combines both Arctic and Antarctic numbers. It's fairly specific, and I don't want to pretend it represents something it doesn't.

But look at the 2016 (red) line, starting in September. That's a HUGE deviation from a pattern that was repeating itself every year. The precise levels may have been slowly declining, but they followed the same patterns. Until September 2016. They broke from that pattern, for the first time in the last 40 years we've been tracking it. We'll need to watch it to see if it recovers, but if it doesn't, that's what a systemic change looks like. We don't have the data regarding systemic changes; we just haven't experienced them, and the systems are so complex we can't accurately predict them, just that they're likely to occur. When they occur, all bets are off; in this case, sea ice has declined alarmingly fast, in ways that break historical patterns, not just reductions of total levels within the old patterns.

It might recover and return to that pattern, or it may find a new balance, and we have no idea where that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Do Americans have penis envy in requiring giant ass ugly cars? Fuck climate I need my motorised gas guzzler for da ladies
    The reason why I want a larger mid-size car is its safer to drive with all the other people and their SUVs. If I still drove the 1974 super beetle it'd be death in a can. Its for my safety for all the other lulus that NEED the big truck or SUV

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

It will be exponential to a point, yes, well before which it will be over for most species including humans that depend on them. Just as any greenhouse will get only so hot before it levels out. But by then it's very hot inside.

Why? Because there is no mechanism where species can adapt that quickly to rapid climate and environmental changes of that degree. You can't just "click to a new normal" when none of it is anywhere near normal or survivable for species that took eons to evolve to current conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Because there is no mechanism where species can adapt that quickly to rapid climate and environmental changes of that degree. You can't just "click to a new normal" when none of it is anywhere near normal or survivable for species that took eons to evolve to current conditions.
    Climate change won't destroy life, it is unlikely to destroy humanity directly - this is a risk just to civilisation.

An example of a systemic environmental change occurred 3 billion years ago and was basically caused by an increase in photosynthesis that led to a flip into a new Oxygen atmosphere that allowed for the development of... well... US.

The last time CO2 levels were this high, humans didn't exist - so yeah, the planet survived, life even thrived the last time CO2 levels were really high.

Humans will probably adjust, but don't it to be a life that has any resemblance to how we have lived for the last 12 thousand years.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Wouldn't this make Trump a renegger?
    The US Constitution states that treaties are ratified by the Congress, so really any agreement made by a President alone is a personal deal and not binding.

Its what happens when you make a deal with someone who doesn't have the authority to do so.