Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which heal spec is the best at solo questing and doing wq's quickly?

strawpoll.me/12250433

Please vote! The reasoning is because I hate having to change specs all the time for wq's and I also wanna heal raids for endgame. Only interested in heal classes. Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure holy paladins. They beat

I've heard that! it seems so strange to me though, but that may be the case. Has it just been for this xpac or in general?

Priests? Disc deal damage and Holy have Holy Nova
    Paladins also good

Disc priest was a pain, so slooooooooow...
    Holy paladin is the only class I'd level/quest as a healer. Everything else = I keep a DPS spec.

Holy paladin for ST, Holy Priest for AoE

Druids with feral/balance affinities weren't god awful.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Holy paladin for ST, Holy Priest for AoE

Druids with feral/balance affinities weren't god awful.
    What do you mean by "weren't god awful"?

elemental and resto shamans basically want the same stats, artifact uses a frost relic, just need 2 storm relics and you're good to go, change spec (3? 5? second cast zomg) and when you're done 3-5 seconds to swap back again.

i can't see the issue in swapping specs? losing 3-5 seconds and gaining minutes by being a dps. pulling as much as you want as elemental stormkeeper hit cl 3 times and nothing is alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've never had a problem killing mobs as a resto shaman, especially with a follower.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Single target it's paladin by a long shot.
    Holy priest is king at AoE, especially for those direbeak quests. I even switch from shadow back to holy to do them.
    Both druid and shaman are also fine, druid has the advantage that he can quickly tag mobs with sunfire, which helps when there are other people around to actually kill them, and with moon and sunfire he has quite strong dots to even kill mobs.
    Shaman sometimes is very furstrating when someone is just killing a bunch of mobs and all you want to do is get a single chain lightning out to tag them, but your target dies before you can finish the cast, and flameshock has CD. But he also does quite a bunch of damage with his instant pros and chain lightning (if you get it to cast).
    Monk is quite good at tagging multiple mobs with his aoe, but I think from all the healers he does the least damage, both single target as well as aoe.

But generally put, I see no reason why you would not want to respec. Sometimes I even respec for single WQs. It's a 5s cast, and you can still set your loot spec. Doing WQ in a dps spec definitely is faster and easier ("Danger" elite quests aside), at least in the gear levels we are now and you can reach within a few days of playing.

Holy pala even if blizz nerf the holy shock dmg

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you not use a dps spec? You can change specs out in the wild, you just can't change talents within a spec.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mistweavers are pretty great at solo content.

Quote Originally Posted by laripstuo View Post
    What do you mean by "weren't god awful"?
    You could manage it, slower than dps for sure, but it wasn't painful to do. Watered down rotations of each spec, plus the ability to heal yourself with hots if it got dicey, and in between pulls, made it very easy and painless to level, albeit slow.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Yeah I don't see the point of questing in your heal spec. It's easy enough to maintain both weapons now.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Yeah I don't see the point of questing in your heal spec. It's easy enough to maintain both weapons now.
    Ditto. I used to do this and it was soooo painful. But I just use the base DPS artifact, no upgrades, and a bodyguard and I fly through WQ.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With WQGF any spec will work.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I do a decent pace on my disco priest. Resto druids are pretty good too if you take the boomkin talent. Resto shamans are god awful.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

As a disc I could always do the quests better than shadow, especially soloing elites. Shadow just felt so squishy, needy to kite, no ability to tank a mob. Disc is unkillable. The only downside is lack of proper aoe. Have to multi- dot