Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Personally I support pulling out of the UN but that really has nothing to do with this discussion.

My question to you is what is the UN going to do about it and we are and have been the world's police there isn't anyone else in the UN that could stand against the US if they wanted to move forward with this again fictional scenario
    Once again, it's not because the UN tells you it's a bad idea that this is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Is there any actual proof of this yet? It's entertaining to speculate, but only for a little while.
    Mexico’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wednesday reached out via Twitter to the reporter who broke the story to clear up some absolute falsehoods and clarify that the tone of the call was constructive.

https://twitter.com/SRE_mx/status/82...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Not quite on the level of fake news yet, but the media really does need to quit "reporting" on unverified and unverifiable information as if it is breaking news, if they really want any credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Weikorr View Post
    Theres plenty of bad hombres in mexico.

Another true statement made by trump that isnt worded politically correct - and gets disected, interpreted and bent in every way to make him sound like hes trying to go to war with mexico.

Starting to think the whole trump "wakeup" call is something we needed.
    What is a wake up call ? Use saturday morning cartoon monikers to describe criminals ? It's the usual suspects that are begging for an invasion of Mexico

Then again, most Trumpists live in a world in which ''bad guys'' means everyone that is not white, male, American, with 20 guns and who is not a rabid conservative. (It's okay to threaten to shoot them in the head, since they are bad guys)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-02-02 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    I read the website, thanks.

No transcript.
    Mexico’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wednesday reached out via Twitter to the reporter who broke the story to clear up some absolute falsehoods and clarify that the tone of the call was constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Personally I support pulling out of the UN but that really has nothing to do with this discussion.

My question to you is what is the UN going to do about it and we are and have been the world's police there isn't anyone else in the UN that could stand against the US if they wanted to move forward with this again fictional scenario
    Sanction you? Why are you so desperate for armed conflict?

Let me clarify because I know you're going to hang on my personal pinons about pulling out of the UN but I don't think the US should either world police and the only way For us to stop that is just stop being a puppet of the UN
    You're a puppet of the UN? Hahahahaha oh wow, you have no idea what the UN is. You have a veto, if anything the security council benefits way more than any other member. ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Or an aide. But hey you seem to have some irrational aversion to the AP so here are other sources; http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-...17-2?r=US&IR=T http://proyectopuente.com.mx/2017/02...-a-pena-nieto/
    So...

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Hmm let's see, pissing off Mexico, pissing off Australia...and yet Trump supporters turn a blind eye. Hillary was the "war" candidate my ass. The only bridge they care about is Russia.
    They want billion dollars bombers and trillion dollars carriers to bomb random foreign countries, but only ones that can't fire back.

Quote Originally Posted by deklined View Post
    So...

http://proyectopuente.com.mx/2017/02...dolia-estevez/

Sanction you? Why are you so desperate for armed conflict?

You're a puppet of the UN? Hahahahaha oh wow, you have no idea what the UN is. You have a veto, if anything the security council benefits way more than any other member. ffs
    The average Trumpist is completely and utterly incapable of seeing other countries without 10 years old level insults.

Typical discussion on Wow trade chat : ''we have 12 carriers, we can do what we want and nuke you when we want LULZ''

You might notice that dropping deluge of bombs on North Korea, Vietnam, Iraq actually did not worked out that well, but hey..
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-02-02 at 03:44 AM.

Another fake news story. If there is no source, it's fake news. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Of course, Alex Jones and Breitbart are sources.

That made me laugh, I also trust a journalist more than a Secretary of Foreign Relations. Especially when the source is anonymous and definitely verified as 100% accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Do you even journalism? I'm saying where is the source of the claim being put forth? I can see it's an AP story. If you take the time to read it, you will see no source is given for the inflammatory accusation. Anyone can say they have sources that say any number of things. But, until you can name one, it's just gossip. If you guys were using your heads, you would be asking why the Mexican president has not spoken up about this highly inflammatory allegation. Since he is not, we can assume this is total bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Yes there is an end. Just like there was an end to prohibition. Basically the same thing. Just then in the 1920's it was alcohol. Now its a variety. I always found it weird that they needed to make a Constitutional amendment for prohibition but not for the war on drugs.

I think we'd come out ahead if we legalized it, taxed it, and spent the money that is spend fighting it on education and treatment we'd come out ahead in the end.
    Yep agreed. Unfortunately people will abuse the drugs as people vary differently in their susceptibility to addiction but I think it's hypocritical of us to have alcohol, tobacco and prescription opiates be legal that do just as much if not worse damage. Legalize it all, regulate it so that substances are pure, give people safe environments to do the drugs and invest more into health and education which in turn will make treating people suffering from the bad sides of it all that much better. But this is long term thinking. Too many people nowadays only think in the short term.

i dont read either one of those, I dont listen to or give any credence to third party hearsay, and until i see for my own eyes the actual transcript of the call, I wont believe it.

Show me what was said. Fact. Proof. The text of the actual call.

Proof or GTFO.

Correct.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2017-02-02 at 03:52 AM.

The people on this forum are just too educated Tijuana. Maybe one out of every thousand know how to source and verify claims.

Do you even journalism? I'm saying where is the source of the claim being put forth? I can see it's an AP story. If you take the time to read it, you will see no source is given for the inflammatory accusation. Anyone can say they have sources that say any number of things. But, until you can name one, it's just gossip. If you guys were using your heads, you would be asking why the Mexican president has not spoken up about this highly inflammatory allegation. Since he is not, we can assume this is total bullshit.
    So, we should have all ignored Bernstein and Woodward because they were probably making the whole Watergate thing up.

That's how this works, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because Trump handles "betrayal" and leaks so well. The source will clearly identify themself and suffer no repurcussions.

Honestly, look back at Trump's stated intent with Mexico. Circle the part where this action doesn't fit.

Sorry, but anonymous sources are a thing. We may never know if this happened, Trump's handlers will yank him back before he invades Mexico. But it sounds like something he would say, and you know it.

How to fake Trump news:

1) Find an anonymous person who knows an anonymous person.

2) Decide what you want to fake.

3) Have anonymous person 1 give anonymous person 2 a paper anonymously.

4) Publish the "Anonymous Paper" and state it was disclosed on the condition of anonymity.

5) Or, just make something the fuck up and blame it on "Anonymous people" so you don't take the heat for it and so it can't be verified that you're a fucking liar.

6) "fact check" anyone who questions the narrative.