Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Source?

We take in just as many Christians as we do Muslims.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...es-to-the-u-s/

Not from Syria

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Not from Syria

You source that they are being left behind/discriminated please.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Sure, much like Republicans stonewalling Obama's Supreme Court pick to the death, and then magically forgetting it ever happened when it was their turn to do it and the Democrats weren't willing to just let it happen! Please. They fucking bragged about it, and now they're acting like what the Democrats are doing is 'disgusting' and 'unheard of'.
    Yes, the great obstructionism. Of course now democrats call it a resistance.

The use of emotive conjugation is staggering.

I do blame 50-75% of Obama's problems being the unique veracity with which the GOP was dedicated to destroying him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Yes. I'm describing the mindset and violence since Trumps inauguration, even a bit before. Everything from the kidnapping and torturing of random mentally challenged person, to well rioting, assaults, shootings and even little things like thinking political opponents unborn children should die. I see a political movement far too comfortable with violence emerging, one driven by a fanatical hatred of the out-group.

All cloaked in the moral certainty that "Hey, I'm fighting Nazis so its all good!"
    Can you link examples of any of those things happening? The worst violent crime since Trumps inauguration was committed by a white nationalist against 6 muslims, not the other way around.

As far as the Trump white house is concerned they have a legitimacy problem. They've been caught lying time after and time and are going out of their way to misinform the public. If you can't trust them to honestly tell you the size of his inauguration crowd how can you trust him to report accurate numbers on employment or economic growth?

This whole thing is an unmitigated disaster and it's you can't hand wave it because of what other politicians have or haven't done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Refugees not Syrian refugees.... He said Syrian thus your chart is irrelevant.
    Satimy made the claim, he's the one who should actually be providing the proof. There's an uptick in muslims from '15 to '16 and that likely is a result of geopolitical problems in that area but that's hardly unexpected. It is a muslim majority region. Still that doesn't mean Christians aren't receiving any help. I doubt the UN refugee program or the US itself are discriminating against them in any way despite what Trump says.

- - - Updated - - -

The best Left criticism of Obama came from Thomas Frank who was quickly dropped for daring to say such things.

Now anything hostile towards the Democrats is 'totes Russian agitprop or evil sexist Bernie Bro work. XD
    I think we'd be having a better conversation here if you didn't strawman your opponents into a charicature.

- - - Updated - - -

You source that they are being left behind/discriminated please.
    Trump said so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What exactly is Trump doing that think is good for this country? Because all you do is bitch and moan about the "left".
    Blocked TPP.

Wasn't Hillary Clinton.

Other reasons get into a metaphysical and philosophical discussion that is fairly complex.

Mostly I don't like him, but he is the demon that is here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post

I think we'd be having a better conversation here if you didn't strawman your opponents into a charicature.
    I'm always strawmanned, its an internet discussion, I hold little hope in productive dialog unless its with Connal, Yvaelle, Crissi, maybe a few others. I've made my peace with that fact.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

99% of the Syrian refugees we have taken are Muslim, the Christians are getting no help
    Let them all in. the more, the merrier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you link examples of any of those things happening? The worst violent crime since Trumps inauguration was committed by a white nationalist against 6 muslims, not the other way around.

As far as the Trump white house is concerned they have a legitimacy problem. They've been caught lying time after and time and are going out of their way to misinform the public. If you can't trust them to honestly tell you the size of his inauguration crowd how can you trust him to report accurate numbers on employment or economic growth?

This whole thing is an unmitigated disaster and it's you can't hand wave it because of what other politicians have or haven't done.
    In a country that isn't ours.

I've not cared about the day to day BS. I view Trump as being the same sort of liar as Hillary would have been but without sleek PR.

Its refreshing to have a demon in the white house whom others can also see for what it is. Versus before with most being lulled into a coma and ignoring it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe Hilary and Sanders were also anti TPP as well. Unless you paid zero attention to anything, there is no way you can honestly suggest she would have been worse then Trump. Or do you not give a fuck about the environment, children, the LGBT community, jobs, how we are viewed by the reset of world, etc etc.
    Hillary was against TPP in a way nobody other than the most committed partisan loyalist to the Democratic party would believe. Nobody seriously believed her claims about being anti-TPP. Sanders was genuine, but he was destroyed by the Clinton machine.

Hillary gave marginal fucks about any of those issues. The Environment was still going to go to shit before. More over she had a Private Position and Public Position on any issues. Who can trust that?

Hillary also wished to continue the sick game of global hegemony and empire, something I find abhorrent. Hillary was in no uncertain terms a hardline NeoLiberal, War Hawk, and those issues above all else mattered to her as best I could tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not from Syria

So no source on your claim?

10+ Year Old Account
    In a country that isn't ours.

I've not cared about the day to day BS. I view Trump as being the same sort of liar as Hillary would have been but without sleek PR.

Its refreshing to have a demon in the white house whom others can also see for what it is. Versus before with most being lulled into a coma and ignoring it.
    Hillary and Trump are not on par with each other when it comes to the truth. Hillary is a politician and plays the plausible deniability card like any other politician would. Trump meanwhile has narcissistic tendencies that make him bend the truth to fit the reality he wants to see. He'll deny the truth despite having strong evidence to the contrary provided to him. He's already shown a strong tendency of \the truth is what I tell you it is' while in office. It's not going to get better.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Hillary was against TPP in a way nobody other than the most committed partisan loyalist to the Democratic party would believe. Nobody seriously believed her claims about being anti-TPP. Sanders was genuine, but he was destroyed by the Clinton machine.

Hillary gave marginal fucks about any of those issues. The Environment was still going to go to shit before. More over she had a Private Position and Public Position on any issues. Who can trust that?

Hillary also wished to continue the sick game of global hegemony and empire, something I find abhorrent. Hillary was in no uncertain terms a hardline NeoLiberal, War Hawk, and those issues above all else mattered to her as best I could tell.
    It's pretty fucking atrocious. Bernie really is a genuine guy, and he says what he means. He would've actually looked out for us. Hillary? Hillary would've still backed Big Business like Trump, but she would've been ten times slower and ten times subtler about it. Rather than the slow drops of poison in our daily coffee, we got the knife in the chest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hillary and Trump are not on par with each other when it comes to the truth. Hillary is a politician and plays the plausible deniability card like any other politician would. Trump meanwhile has narcissistic tendencies that make him bend the truth to fit the reality he wants to see. He'll deny the truth despite having strong evidence to the contrary provided to him. He's already shown a strong tendency of \the truth is what I tell you it is' while in office. It's not going to get better.
    It takes considerable Narcissism to think oneself aught to be president.

While admittedly Dick Morris hates Democrats, I think he summarizes my views on Hillary as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpe1O-k77Go&t=1283s

- - - Updated - - -

So your a mind reader? Cool!
    You gotta make a judgement call. After all, if people can decide Trump is LITERALLY HITLER! I think my judgement is hardly stretching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    It's pretty fucking atrocious. Bernie really is a genuine guy, and he says what he means. He would've actually looked out for us. Hillary? Hillary would've still backed Big Business like Trump, but she would've been ten times slower and ten times subtler about it. Rather than the slow drops of poison in our daily coffee, we got the knife in the chest.
    I prefer evil done in the full light of day. Hillary is a knife to the back, Trumps knife is at least in broad daylight and with full acknowledgement of what they are.

Yeah, good thing we didn't get that war hawk Clinton

*Trump Administration threatens multiple countries in one day*

So no source on your claim?
    "It's true that 99 percent of the 12,587 refugees from Syria admitted in 2016 to the U.S. were Muslim and less than 1 percent were Christian. That would outpace Muslims' population in Syria, which is 93 percent."

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/29/512305...bigger-picture

The best Left criticism of Obama came from Thomas Frank who was quickly dropped for daring to say such things.

Now anything hostile towards the Democrats is 'totes Russian agitprop or evil sexist Bernie Bro work. XD
    Wot? Everyone seems to have a massove crush on Bernie, like there was a time you were called a shill for daring to oppose him. And he is still treated as the reincarnation of Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's true that 99 percent of the 12,587 refugees from Syria admitted in 2016 to the U.S. were Muslim and less than 1 percent were Christian. That would outpace Muslims' population in Syria, which is 93 percent."

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/29/512305...bigger-picture

From your own link.

Another possible reason for the lower percentage of Christians being admitted from Syria to the U.S. is the protection they have received from the Assad regime.
    As the Christian Post reported in 2015:

"Christians, who have been caught in the crossfire of the Arab Spring and civil war, have found a measure of protection under Assad's dictatorship.In October, the Catholic Herald reported on comments from one of Syria's leading Christians who said [Russian President Vladimir] Putin's intervention, while possibly motivated by selfish reasons, is helping and giving hope to Christians."

But here's the reality: While Christians in Iraq and Syria have been killed by ISIS, Muslims have been the group's victims far more frequently and represent the strong majority. Shiite Muslims are killed by ongoing waves of ISIS bombings of Shiite neighborhoods, and Shiite members of Iraq's security forces have been victims of mass ISIS executions.

Want to try another link. Yours does not say what you think it does.

Certainly, it's the case that Christians were terrified of ISIS and fled. ISIS has desecrated churches and shrines. Some Christians have lived in ISIS-controlled areas and paid a tax to the terrorist group. And there have been Christians killed and kidnapped — 88 Eritrean Christians from Libya who were kidnapped by ISIS in 2015 two months after 28 Ethiopian Christians were executed; 262 Assyrian Christians kidnapped from the Tel Tamer area in Syria and held for ransom; 50 killed in Tel Tamer in suicide bombings.

But that pales in comparison with the mass murder of Muslims — massacres in Iraq; 1,700 Iraqi air force cadets executed or missing from Camp Speicher, a former American military base near Tikrit; the slaughter of hundreds of the al-Sheitat tribe in Syria; and the massacre of Syrian army POWs at Tabqa in 2014

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Wot? Everyone seems to have a massove crush on Bernie, like there was a time you were called a shill for daring to oppose him. And he is still treated as the reincarnation of Jesus.
    Thanks to Wikileaks we can say he basically is. Heck he comes out smelling like roses compared to the shitpile that is the DNC.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes considerable Narcissism to think oneself aught to be president.
    No it doesn't. There's a clear difference between self-confidence and grandeurism. It doesn't take much real world experience to know the difference between a competent and a poor leader.

I'm not sure why you bring up Hillary. Even if you originally voted for Trump because you liked him better you're still perfectly able to complain about Trumps presidency and that should be the focus of this tread given the results of the election. It's not entirely ironic given your thread title.

Shit, mate. To this day people refuse to believe Sanders lost due to his own incompetence rather than a big conspiracy to bring him down.