Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I suppose that would make sense, although even if they personally knew what happened, the public doesn't need to hear false reports, that is damaging in itself.
    So, protests then. Not a major conflict or war. Maybe @Vyxn should have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Unless Time magazine is just an "untrustworthy fake news liberal rag", the phone call actually happened the way it's being reported.

http://time.com/4657474/donald-trump...o-bad-hombres/

Being upset at the AP for breaking the news because it could cause the Mexican military to...what? Attack the US preemptively? That's concern trolling, and it's disingenuous. Who you should be upset at, is Trump for threatening to invade and start a war with our ally.
    So, we have multiple true sources now. No wonder the country is at each other's throats.

After all the shit Trump has done up to, and within his first weeks of presidency, I wonder how stupid the folks who said "watch trump turn out to be great for America" feel now.

Fake article or not, the fact that this isnt out of character for Trump is a pretty big indicator of the kind of President we have now. I'll never understand why people believe in this "man"
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2017-02-02 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So, protests then. Not a major conflict or war. Maybe @Vyxn should have said that.
    Well clearly, we have a huge information problem. So who should we all be getting at? I say the press. The press is keeping people divided. It's kind of blatantly obvious at this point. Don't know how some can't see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well clearly, we have a huge information problem. So who should we all be getting at? I say the press. The press is keeping people divided. It's kind of blatantly obvious at this point. Don't know how some can't see it.
    I won't comment on that in general, but if the press is saying true things about Trump, and that divides people...that's not the press's fault.

I do agree that if Mexico can't take down the drug cartels then they should step aside and let us take care it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I won't comment on that in general, but if the press is saying true things about Trump, and that divides people...that's not the press's fault.
    I'm talking about conflicting reports that are labeled "true". Reading these forums, and both sides of the media it's as clear as day. of course it's easy agreeing with your side, until you read a completely different report on the same situation. It's true to you and true to them. Who is to blame? The media. That's were people should be protesting if anywhere.

Yes, all the internet tough guys bragging on this forum to invade Mexico are obviously not Trump supporters at all.

That's all cute that after Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, you still believe that bombing at random impoverished countries without a competent military (never, never actually attack a country with actual armed forces, they might fire back) is something that work.

BTW, dudes, you are vaguely aware that short of the usual alt right fantasy of exterminating non white people, if you invade Mexico, you will have not have 11 millions ''illegals that threaten America'', but 110 millions ?

For a long time drug cartels have been running roughshod over the Mexican people, and let's call a spade a spade here: The Mexican government hasn't done a whole heck of a lot to stop it. And our government stays out of it, no room to really complain about that, except that it spills over our borders. The problems there have fueled illegal immigration, there have been Border Agent deaths, sections of American land that have been closed due to safety concerns because of their proximity to the border, and the list goes on.

Where people see Trump threatening to go to war with Mexico, I see Trump confronting the problems plaguing not just the Mexican people, but the American people as well. It's been a long time folks, that this has been going on and the solution seems to be, "It's really bad over there, so let's just take it easy on the people fleeing the corruption and death." Is it so terrible that we have a president not afraid of the consequences of confronting the problem head on? Can you imagine a Mexico cleansed of the cartels, or at least greatly mitigating the cartels? What a wonderful thing that would be for the Mexican people. A much better solution than just ignoring the problem and saying, "Okay, just run from it and we'll look the other way once you get here."

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    For a long time drug cartels have been running roughshod over the Mexican people, and let's call a spade a spade here: The Mexican government hasn't done a whole heck of a lot to stop it. And our government stays out of it, no room to really complain about that, except that it spills over our borders. The problems there have fueled illegal immigration, there have been Border Agent deaths, sections of American land that have been closed due to safety concerns because of their proximity to the border, and the list goes on.

Where people see Trump threatening to go to war with Mexico, I see Trump confronting the problems plaguing not just the Mexican people, but the American people as well. It's been a long time folks, that this has been going on and the solution seems to be, "It's really bad over there, so let's just take it easy on the people fleeing the corruption and death." Is it so terrible that we have a president not afraid of the consequences of confronting the problem head on? Can you imagine a Mexico cleansed of the cartels, or at least greatly mitigating the cartels? What a wonderful thing that would be for the Mexican people. A much better solution than just ignoring the problem and saying, "Okay, just run from it and we'll look the other way once you get here."
    Invading Mexico isn't the answer to the drug problem. Others will just replace it. Drugs are a problem of demand, and the American people are the ones who dictate that demand.

But by all means, keep fantasizing about some Call of Duty bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Invading Mexico isn't the answer to the drug problem. Others will just replace it.

Drugs are a problem of demand, and the American people are the ones who dictate that demand.
    I don't really read "invasion" in the tea leaves. I'm interpreting helping with the cartel problem. This is based off the article wording and the veracity of the source being reliable.

So, we have multiple true sources now. No wonder the country is at each other's throats.
    all the times is doing is using the same AP story they aren't confirming any fucking thing
    President Trump Threatens to Send U.S. Troops to Mexico to Take Care of 'Bad Hombres'
    Associated Press
    Feb 01, 2017
    see the Associated Press below the head line that fucking means the story is from the AP

That's also as cute that you imagine that the Mexicans are in love with the cartels. The cartels that make their lives misérables with the money Americans provide.

Apparently he took the time in his stoush with Mexico and Australia to, apropos of nothing, bring up his popular vote win and the size of his inauguration crowd. I'm not making this up. I might have to repeat that a lot for the next four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    You had an opportunity to put a better candidate up.
    The Republican Party managed to pull off the most successful smear campaign in history on the basis of... emails? That contained nothing of importance?

Trust me, whoever they put up it would've been at least as successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Yeah how about you shut the fuck up Trump ya orange fuck. Let's not have a war in my border town.
    In a border town as well, I agree with your statement lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

The Republican Party managed to pull off the most successful smear campaign in history on the basis of... emails? That contained nothing of importance?

Trust me, whoever they put up it would've been at least as successful.
    Oh she had much bigger problems than just emails.

It is fucking hilarious that USA elected it is own Erdogan, similarity is striking lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    all the times is doing is using the same AP story they aren't confirming any fucking thing

see the Associated Press below the head line that fucking means the story is from the AP
    Would you consider this a second source? :P

https://twitter.com/trumpadminleaks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Oh she had much bigger problems than just emails.
    Like a vagina?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So far so predictable. The U.S transition into a dictatorship, or Trumpship as we all know he's never going to call it that, is looking like pretty standard routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post

It's still an issue. It's the press.