Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-misreported/

Read it. Thats the Washington Times.

It gets better

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-0...ombres/8235920

So not only were we not told the truth, what the AP reporter used wasnt even the FULL transcript, he picked up part of it and turned it into headlines.

BTW the reason for the call between them was to ease tensions between them and to try and sort out issues...so I cannot agree in any way shape or form that the President of the United States would dare threaten an invasion..what would the President of Mexico done?.

Made the call and the threat public knowledge. In a heartbeat.

Fake news. A lie..which so many swallowed hook, line and sinker.
    In this day and age, sorry, but I am going to side with the journalists, with access to the Transcripts of the actual calls, then with Trump claiming to have not said something he said (where have we heard that one before). Call it Fake News, throw shade at the sources, but Trump acting like Trump is a lot more believable then Trump not acting like Trump.

At least you wont have any problem doing the whole international Isolationist policy thing. I mean, at the rate he is going, I fully expect that the only bridges he will have left to burn by the end of the month will be Canadian and Russian, and I fully expect him to turn on Canada the moment it crosses his mind that our border is longer than Mexico's and even less well defended.

Oh, and in other news, Reuters has officially declared the Trump Government to be on the same level as such authoritarian states as Turkey, the Philippines, Egypt, Iraq, Yemen, Thailand, China, Zimbabwe, and Russia. Congrats. You just got downgraded by one of the most respected impartial journalistic sources on the planet.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-02-02 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    By that logic, Mexico should send troops into the United States to kill Drug Addicts. I mean, if there were no drug addicts in the states, the cartels wouldn't have a reason to smuggle drugs across the border and then the USA wouldn't have any problems with Mexico.

But that would be fucking stupid.
    You wouldnt need Mexico to kill drug addicts as they are already dead on the inside. About 100000 people died from heroin od in 2015 alone. The problem is preventing the drug from reaching the country not the people. Most of the user is young, dumb and willing to try something atleast once or they get tricked into taking it. As the product is so addictive they get hooked on the first rounf.

He didnt say it.

The President of Mexico says he didnt say it.

The transcript CNN has says the same.

The President of Mexico's aide says its a lie.

Fake news. A lie. A beatup by an AP reporter who got his details 3rd hand and now is too gutless or too afraid to admit he has been had...or knowingly submitted a fake story.

Either way: fake news

Wanna prove me wrong?

Show me the transcript.
    Back these statements up with links to credible sources then?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-misreported/

Read it. Thats the Washington Times.

It gets better

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-0...ombres/8235920

So not only were we not told the truth, what the AP reporter used wasnt even the FULL transcript, he picked up part of it and turned it into headlines.

BTW the reason for the call between them was to ease tensions between them and to try and sort out issues...so I cannot agree in any way shape or form that the President of the United States would dare threaten an invasion..what would the President of Mexico done?.

Made the call and the threat public knowledge. In a heartbeat.

Fake news. A lie..which so many swallowed hook, line and sinker.
    first misreported isn't fake news, pizzagate is fake.

HAHA seriously? Joking on starting a war? Anybody thinking that joking about starting wars (fucking Bush and Cheney) is even remotely acceptable should be put in a institution.

obviously both governments will deny that this happend as a threat because the Mexican government doesn't want to start a panic and the American government doesn't want the public to think that the Trump administration threatens war less after taking office less than a month ago.

In this day and age, sorry, but I am going to side with the journalists, with access to the Transcripts of the actual calls
    You didnt read the above post. The reporter never saw the transcript. he was given PART of it which he then used for his story.

then with Trump claiming to have not said something he said (where have we heard that one before).
    And the Mexican President. And his aide. And those who have seen the ENTIRE transcript...which does NOT bear out what this AP reporter said..btw the AP back in 2013 fired a reporter and an editor after it was found theyd posted a fake story about a staffer who supposedly lied to an investigatIon....their story he lied was based on the initials used.

The Associated Press has fired a reporter and editor in connection to a false story alleging Virginia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe lied to a postal inspector in a fraud scheme, according to The Huffington Post. The author of the report, which was retracted soon after it was published, Bob Lewis has been fired, the news services announced Monday. Dena Potter, a news editor for the Associated Press who covered Virginia and West Virginia, has also been fired.

Earlier in October the news service reported that McAuliffe had lied to a federal official investigating a fraud scheme run by a Rhode Island estate planner. The report cited documents which referred to a person named "T.M." T.M. turned out to be somebody other than McAuliffe
    If I was to seriously, go out and find every single piece of fake news, every media lie, every distortion, half truth and fabrication, I'd be busy for a year. If it hasnt sunk in yet, the mainstream media are seen for what they are: liars with a political bias and an agenda.

Theres an old saying: "never let the truth get in the way of a good story." The AP, it appears, knows that one well.

I can't stop laughing this past week

Malik Obama calling the washington post cucks

https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik/statu...35101799170048

JK Rowling calling Alt-righter a "lonely virgin"

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/statu...21681999650817

and now Trump calling mexicans "Bad Hombres"

so do people just not give a fuck anymore or what?

Meanwhile radical leftists "Antifa" apparently kills a guy and attack people left and right

fuck that though trump said a new spicy meme the right is bad guys tuck frump

And with that folks, I leave you.

Permanently.

Had enough of your hypocrisy to stomach for one lifetime.

That's exactly the reason why, as a non american, I passed for one and actively campaigned on the internet to get this guy elected. This is the first country of a long list to come. Time to increase your military spending guys, in 4 years you will be all alone on this planet. Now it's time for the world to stop using the US Dollar as currency for international transactions like oil and the threats will openly fly in every directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

Malik Obama calling the washington post cucks

https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik/statu...35101799170048

so do people just not give a fuck anymore or what?

Meanwhile radical leftists "Antifa" apparently kills a guy and attack people left and right

fuck that though trump said a new spicy meme the right is bad guys tuck frump
    Antifa are anarchists, not leftists.

the mainstream media are seen for what they are: liars with a political bias and an agenda.
    Or maybe Trump just wants you to see them that way, because the Truth paints a much uglier picture of him than he likes. I mean, just look at the whole Inauguration Day debacle. Trump can spin "Alternate Facts" out of thin air and you people gobble it up like candy, but the instant someone drops an actual Fact on you, you start screaming Fake News like some kin of banshee. It's hilarious.

I mean, if you want to play the "Fake News" VS "Alternate Facts" game, I pretty much guarantee you that I could find more provably false things Trump has stated in the last week then you could find actual Fake News regarding Trump in the last month. And that pattern would likely repeat itself no matter how far back into his campaign you go.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-02-02 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Hilary Clinton is/was the Aaron Burr of our generation.
    Whereas in my perception the election of 2016 was between a candidate with the wrong principles and one devoid of any - just like the one in 1800 -, Clinton is not the candidate I equate to Burr in this comparison.

2 weeks in and war talk with China and Mexico, yes I can see how Hillary was a warmongering hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    OK it was part of the transript. Can you conjure any type of context at which it is acceptable for the leader of a country to say that to the leader of another country?
    their isn't and they can't come up with it.

Both governments want to downplay this for good reasons, first it will create a potential panic in Mexico if the US threatens to invade
    2) the US government (not Trump) doesn't want the outside world to know that Trump wants to invade Mexico, it doesn't really look good when the US president starts a war with no provocation and even talking about it is enough to make people worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Christ, what a fucking retard. The entire globe is going to hate us within the month.
    Future tense?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    2 weeks in and war talk with China and Mexico, yes I can see how Hillary was a warmongering hawk.
    Silly thing was, the whole argument about Clinton starting a war with Russia was mostly about her not allowing Russia to do what they want.

So kind of weird argument to begin with. ''If you don't allow us to do what we want we will start a war with you but it will be you're fault for not allowing us free reign''.

Russia was allowed to do what they want in Syria, can anybody argue that what they did to appelo (which wasn't even a isis stronghold) was a good thing?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's funny to see a bunch of pussies get triggered by someone with some balls. How dare he tell people that call themselves our allies to clean up their mess that's spilling into our yard or he will, unfathomable. The times they are a changin', no more capitulating to crazies and bleeding hearts, I wonder how well you hothouse flowers will do outside of your specialized environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven French View Post
    It's funny to see a bunch of pussies get triggered by someone with some balls. How dare he tell people that call themselves our allies to clean up their mess that's spilling into our yard or he will, unfathomable. The times they are a changin', no more capitulating to crazies and bleeding hearts, I wonder how well you hothouse flowers will do outside of your specialized environment.
    1. The cartels are the result of the insane war on drugs policies the US has.
    2. lol internet tough guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Call it Fake News, throw shade at the sources, but Trump acting like Trump is a lot more believable then Trump not acting like Trump.
    "It's not fake news, because I find it more believeable, based on my own biasses" ? US and Mexico have both released statements saying it was mis-reported.

You think you're part of the solution, but you're part of the problem.

Oh christ. Didn't anyone tell her never to feed the trolls.

He didn't call "Mexicans" bad Hombres. He was clearly just referring to the ones that are... well.. bad hombres.

To be honest, large parts of Mexico have huge issues with crime and drugs. USA aiding the Mexican government wouldn't be such a bad thing.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Oh christ. Didn't anyone tell her never to feed the trolls.

He didn't call "Mexicans" bad Hombres. He was clearly just referring to the ones that are... well.. bad hombres.

To be honest, large parts of Mexico have huge issues with crime and drugs. USA aiding the Mexican government wouldn't be such a bad thing.
    Yeah I understand #NotAllMexicans

also that guy isn't a troll she has literally hundreds of people autistically screeching at her its hilarious

literally burning their fucking harry potter collection

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casus_belli

It's not. It's rude, true, but not an act of war. Since Mexico is giving the US security issues (or so Trump says), they have a basis to defend the country that makes it such as it is legitimate, although ethically wrong.
    So you're using a link about valid justification for war and how it's applicable here to explain how this action wouldn't be an act of war? Top tier logic right there. Also, since reading your own links is apparently super hard, read the part about post-WWII era usage of casus belli. Because, you know, that's the time we live in. Because it says that there is a casus belli if you defend yourself against an armed aggression on state level. Sorry, but cartels don't fit in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Future tense?
    Celista apparently has, or had in the past, some semblance of hope for Trump to not be a total failure. She expressed that sentiment in some other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Yea, too bad CB's aren't as easy in real life as they are in EU4. Aggressive expansion is a whole different mechanic too.
    You mean Trump doesn't get to send a diplomat and in few months gain a claim on Mexico City?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.