Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    I struggle with one thing if I am doing correct since Legion:

Do You want to rotate Chi Wave between BoKs to fill more of them (of course while having no energy for TP), or use Chi Wave as soon as it's down of CD?
    You BoK > CW > BoK whenever and as soon as you can when it won't cause you to energy-cap or delay the activation of RSK, FoF, WDP, or SotW; this filler within a filler serves the purposes of not becoming energy-starved and not over-capping chi during your downtime of the aforementioned cooldowns while still allowing you to decrease your loss of DPS during said downtime just as cycling TP > BoK does.

It's fairly important to your DPS that you master this combo and use it as much as possible in order to cycle as much as possible during the downtime of your cooldowns in order to maintain your single-target DPS, even more so now that we take SEF over Serenity and are much more resource-starved because of it. This combo serves to help delay your resource-starvation until EE comes off cooldown now that we use it in our opener whereas with Serenity we didn't.
    Last edited by Velimere; 2017-02-02 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velimere View Post
    You BoK > CW > BoK whenever and as soon as you can when it won't cause you to energy-cap or delay the activation of RSK, FoF, WDP, or SotW; this filler within a filler serves the purposes of not becoming energy-starved and not over-capping chi during your downtime of the aforementioned cooldowns while still allowing you to decrease your loss of DPS during said downtime just as cycling TP > BoK does.

It's fairly important to your DPS that you master this combo and use it as much as possible in order to cycle as much as possible during the downtime of your cooldowns in order to maintain your single-target DPS, even more so now that we take SEF over Serenity and are much more resource-starved because of it. This combo serves to help delay your resource-starvation until EE comes off cooldown now that we use it in our opener whereas with Serenity we didn't.
    This is what I've been doing all the time, but was not sure about if the outcome is all right, as the ChiW is being delayed sometimes even for 2-4 sec..

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Is there any benefit of swapping out a dps increasing legendaries for March of the Legion for the raid speed buff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Fight dependent yes extra move speed could be more beneficial and provide a larger dps gain via improved uptime. I don't think NH has any boss that benefits greatly from a bump in base movement speed as opposed to short burst high mobility. The high botanist would probably be the boss to take most advantage from the extra base movement speed

So I got ring, cloak, chest and gloves... should I just make another WW?...

I'd say that's a bad idea for anyone till we see what their legendary improvements are in 7.2 because not only is it not guaranteed to get the right legendaries but that's a very long grind to relevancy even if you get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    So I got ring, cloak, chest and gloves... should I just make another WW?...
    I got gloves, cloak and chest, gloves suck hard, but cloak and chest are not even that bad, l2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wentor View Post
    I got gloves, cloak and chest, gloves suck hard, but cloak and chest are not even that bad, l2p.
    Gloves have their uses; in NH, you can get full usage out of them on Elisande, Botanist, and Anom, for example. Very much situational, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'd say that's a bad idea for anyone till we see what their legendary improvements are in 7.2 because not only is it not guaranteed to get the right legendaries but that's a very long grind to relevancy even if you get them.
    Rerolling is rediculously easy right now thanks to AK catch-up, so many raid difficulties and M+. All you miss out on is some paragon after a week of catching up. That is assuming you have a decent guild behind you though.

Almost considered it myself due to meme leggos until my 6th was DHC.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Rerolling is rediculously easy right now thanks to AK catch-up, so many raid difficulties and M+. All you miss out on is some paragon after a week of catching up. That is assuming you have a decent guild behind you though.

Almost considered it myself due to meme leggos until my 6th was DHC.
    This, we lost some people after the bot banwave and they catched up really quickly even though the AK catch-up wasn't in the game yet.

hello guys i need help with legendary / item selection

so i have [The Emperor's Capacitor] +2 set piece and DHC

or [March of the Legion] + 4 set piece and DHC

difference is with chest i get 1.1k more agility and 3% more mastery but less haste

Probably want to go with the chest despite not being able to get 4 piece.
    The effect and the agility gained from it vastly outweight the 2k mastery from 4 part I'd say.

Deleted
    Taking my stat weights as an example, for ST, obv, we're looknig at, un-normalized, agi = 14, mas = 10.02. So that's DPS per pointy, I presume, so 2k mastery would be about 20k DPS gain from that, if the stat weights stay the same, which they won't. They'll drop, so you'll see less than that, but it's rough maths.

The capacitor sims weirdly in SimC, unfortunately, so the WtW figure of 33k is inflated slightly. We'll assume, for simplicity, that this 33k figure takes into account the exact gear changes you'll make, because it'll include the DPS changes from otherwise BiS chest/ring.

I'm being hand-wavy here, going for rough numbers. But I'd say that unless simcraft overestimates the capacitor by around a factor of two (and that's being generous to the 4pc), use that. Or, well, test it yourself on a dummy, if you have it :P Probably the best solution, if you're not using the belt of messing-with-dummy-testing.

i just sim'ed my character and this is quite interesting ..

4 set Piece ( DHC + March ring ) gives this weights
    Agi > AP > Haste ~= Mastery ~= Vers > Crit > Wdps > WOHdps > Sta
    ( Pawn: v1: "Erenthas": Agility=15.83, Stamina=0.58, Ap=15.22, CritRating=9.87, HasteRating=10.75, MasteryRating=10.51, Versatility=10.49, Dps=3.29 )

2 Set piece ( DHC + Chest ) gives this
    Agi > AP > Vers ~= Mastery > Crit > Haste > Wdps > WOHdps > Sta
    ( Pawn: v1: "Erenthas": Agility=15.30, Stamina=0.50, Ap=14.74, CritRating=10.02, HasteRating=7.90, MasteryRating=10.66, Versatility=10.80, Dps=3.20 )

2 set with chest sims 15k more dps

I posted this in a separate thread when I shoulda posted it here but anyway.. copy paste

So I don't have two piece yet but got a 900 ilvl RSK relic (currently have three fof relics, two 875 one 880) and was simming how it would look with various combinations. Of course two piece and rsk relic sims higher on single target but I was surprised to find that even without the rsk relic two piece sims lower on aoe (3 targets or higher), so is using rsk on cooldown in 3 targets or higher a loss? (i assume that's what the sim is attempting to do). I know the chart for SCK shows it to be better than rsk at 3 targets so that means the sim isn't accounting for that properly but it also means 2 piece is useless on 3 target sustained? Also I heard once you get two piece that rsk relics are better than fof relics but it seems at 3 targets or higher it's not.

tldr: simcraft showing 2 pc as loss on aoe 3 target or higher, 900 ilvl rsk relic also a loss vs 875 fof relic with or without 2pc on 3 or higher. working as intended?

edit: followup question while im here, 880 socket urn + 885 socket arcanogolem is simming higher than 890 foci + urn or golem on any # of targets but in practice I see very little damage from arcanogolem, is the sim accurate?

Deleted
    is using rsk on cooldown in 3 targets or higher a loss?
    You should only use RSK to unlock whirling dragon punch.

2 piece is useless on 3 target sustained?
    Yes.

Also I heard once you get two piece that rsk relics are better than fof relics but it seems at 3 targets or higher it's not
    Only for pure single target and only slightly ahead of FoF relic. So basically use FoF relics all the time.

How is versatility for AoE (i.e. SCK spam)? Currently simming just ahead of mastery for me, but I'm reluctant to get more by swapping from equal ilvl high crit/low mastery ring to high vers/low crit because iirc vers was crappy for aoe for DKs.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    How is versatility for AoE (i.e. SCK spam)? Currently simming just ahead of mastery for me, but I'm reluctant to get more by swapping from equal ilvl high crit/low mastery ring to high vers/low crit because iirc vers was crappy for aoe for DKs.
    Vers neither gains nor loses position in AOE.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Vers neither gains nor loses position in AOE.
    And what about crit?

Deleted
    I presume it is not worth using the ToD gloves over the belt on fights like Botanist? I'm seeing logs with ToD being ~5% of damage without the gloves with 2 casts, so that's be about a 2.5% gain (as the first ToD is ST). Belt looks to be about 4% gain there - am I missing something? Are there any fights where the gloves can actually be put to better use than the belt? On a related note, I presume it's worth swapping to Sephuz over the belt for Chrono and Elisande?