Quote Originally Posted by Darthlegolas View Post
    Paragon's Rag HC kill comes to mind. That was elegant.
    Also Blood Legion's Garrosh kill looked like it was choreographed, pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Does Mythic Gul'dan even have a secret phase anymore? It was in the dungeon journal on the PTR, but now that NH is live, it's not there anymore.
    If you mean the phase at 10%, when Khagdar screws up, I doubt it's removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    I love all the discussions on why/how the progress raid goes, yet 95% of the assumptions are wrong. Keep it up everyone! <3
    We are the 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    So, do you guys think Augur will get the ban hammer at some point, or will it even out with gear?
    It's normal that most bosses get nerfed/adjusted after world first, Blizz has a huge amount of data pointing out all the overtuned stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    I love all the discussions on why/how the progress raid goes, yet 95% of the assumptions are wrong. Keep it up everyone! <3
    Confirmation that I'm in the 5% and all of you other losers in this thread are wrong. loool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I never said that Method are better players. I said the only strategy that could have worked for them was the one they used.

If it's a binary choice between zerg the boss and deal with an extra 2 minutes of the fight, if the former does not result in a guaranteed wipe then you always go with the former. I don't understand why I've had to explain this to so many people.
    You are confusing me.

Why do you compare people who are geared enough with people who need to compensate for less gear?

And even if you do, your conclussion should be that Method is better, as they struggle with more obstacles, yet they share the same progress.

You make no sense! OMG.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-02-02 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    That's just another proof of how fresh leadership deals with problems versus how experienced leadership deals with problems.

Serenity encounters the problem? Brute force it! Save all cooldowns for problematic phase, and then ignore mechanics and just nuke.

Method encounters the problem? Let's focus on the mechanics, attempt and learn, do everything perfectly and the boss will die.

Connecting it with data about previous bosses in this expansion, it is obvious that Method is just better at dealing with mechanically complicated bosses, such as Gul'dan. I say you this - even if Serenity wins this WF, it would be matter of hours if not minutes before Method, and only due to massive time advantage they have right now.
    And Serenity would still have won. I don't get the point you're trying to make..

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Knowing when a strategy is mathematically viable and deciding whether or not to spend time going that way is a skill in itself. This expansion Method have over complicated things [ilgynoth, cenarius, star augur] and it has costed them. Stop saying "brute force" as if it's some kind of dirty word. The best strat is the one that kills the boss before the other guilds.
    the best strategy is obviously the one, that can be easiest repeated, otherwise its not really a strategy, just shot in the dark. people confuse best strategy with the most effective one, which in some cases is brute force.

And as someone who isnt fan of either guild, I usually prefer a strategy, where people improve over time rather than one, where people throw everything at the boss and pray to all celestial beings they get their dream pull with some extremely heavy RNG on their side with insane crit luck and mechanics always going on the right people at the right time.

Deleted
    How come we dont have any asian guilds on top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    the best strategy is obviously the one, that can be easiest repeated, otherwise its not really a strategy, just shot in the dark. people confuse best strategy with the most effective one, which in some cases is brute force.

And as someone who isnt fan of either guild, I usually prefer a strategy, where people improve over time rather than one, where people throw everything at the boss and pray to all celestial beings they get their dream pull with some extremely heavy RNG on their side with insane crit luck and mechanics always going on the right people at the right time.
    And it worked. And it gave serenity 2 days lead on guldan. And re clear wasnt a problem either, so its mind boggling that we even need to say this but its clear as a fucking bright summer day in the middle of july serenity had a better strategy PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    And Serenity would still have won. I don't get the point you're trying to make..
    All he is trying to say really is that he thinks Method are better...the rest is just pulling arguments and reasons out of thin air in an attempt to make his opinion appear as fact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strifeload View Post
    how come we dont have any asian guilds on top 10?
    afk r???????

10+ Year Old Account
    the best strategy is obviously the one, that can be easiest repeated, otherwise its not really a strategy, just shot in the dark.
    Uhm no the best strategy in a world first race is the one which kills the boss faster and needs the least time/tries.

We're starting to argue if the sky is blue here.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-02-02 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    You are confusing me.

Why do you compare people who are geared enough with people who need to compensate for less gear?

And even if you do, your conclussion should be that Method is better, as they struggle with more obstacles, yet they share the same progress.

You make no sense! OMG.
    I think you should take a bit more time to read my posts, it's not that confusing.

I will address your confusion point by point.

I am comparing Method and Serenity because they are the only guilds on Gul'dan that have also released Star Augur kill videos.

Skill exists independent of challenges that get faced. Even if Method faced a much more difficult set of circumstances than Serenity, that does not mean that Method is more skilled. All it means is that they faced a much more difficult set of circumstances. Woah, tautology!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by, "yet they share the same progress". I think you mean to say that they are equally progressed, which is true right now but was not true when Serenity got WF Star Augur.

I make perfect sense. GMO?

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is that you and a lot of other people are confusing zerg strats with heavy execution strats. Zerg strats are the super safe thing that always works. "Execute the fucking mechanics" strats are the ones where you have to pray to all celestial beings that shit doesn't get fucked.

I mean, just look at the kill videos for Star Augur. Method had this ultra clean kill, yet they were this close, (my index finger and thumb are very close together right now) to wiping. Serenity had slop all over the place and they still killed it.

The reality is the exact opposite of what you think it is, I promise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder what would happen if Mythic released one week before normal instead of after. How utterly broken would everything be, how much class stacking would happen.
    that is a question you do not want an answer for.

Folks, came back to this thread 2 days after the last time, so bear with me.

Are the top 3 guilds done re-clearing? I see that there are some issues at serenity with attendance, but nevertheless, I suppose the top 3 guilds are back at gul'dan by now right?

Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I think he mistook you for the dude who actually made the list a page or two back rating all of the raids.
    In fact I did. My mistake, I apologize.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post

Are the top 3 guilds done re-clearing? I see that there are some issues at serenity with attendance, but nevertheless, I suppose the top 3 guilds are back at gul'dan by now right?

Cheers
    They are. Apparently Method actually reached Gul'dan before Exorsus and Serenity in reclears but not by much. Serenity especially should still have quite a lead from having a lot more time and tries on Gul'dan in week 1.
    Last edited by mmoc50415506bf; 2017-02-02 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted

Cheers
    top 3 again on gul dan yes.

Cheers
    They're all done reclearing, they might be doing heroic split now, or gul'dan. *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    I would counter your argument with the fact that Blood Legion introduced split raids in Cata; this took it to another level.
    Nice counter. Especially since split raids were introduced by other guilds in wotlk and then later in early Cata. Only thing that Blood Legion did to take it to another level was to inform their members about how to use stimulating drugs safely and efficiently to be able to raid and focus longer. But I guess you've been proven wrong enough times in the past 10 pages of posts so you probably know your mistake already.

If you can find proof saying otherwise, I am more than able to admit a mistake. This is something that I have believed to be true for a long time and have never heard otherwise before. Theres a blog post by Xenophics where she talks about how they started the split run thing.
    Last edited by mmocddaf3ba36b; 2017-02-02 at 10:43 AM.