Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    I'm happy that they reacted to it and I only expressed my wish. It wasn't whining at the first place too, it was a legit concern.
    If it would be my way, I would only allow one account per real persons ID. I don't think there is better way to get stop bots, but that's very extreme thing to do and I'm sure it wont happen, it's just an idea.
    Uhm make another Battle.net account? So your logic has a huge hole poked in it right there. The reason why it isn't "your way". Because your way fixes nothing.

Also those bots banned probably had something to do with this more than you reporting them

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...count-actions/
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-02 at 01:11 AM.

blizzard rarely bans bots one at a time.
    they do ban waves
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Ban wave just happened. And all those 1000+ reported bots are banned too.

Too bad it's not perma ban too, but just 6 months.
    And you know that your 'thousand reported bots' are banned? Hmm? you have a way to check who is banned and who isn't? The more you say the more I am convinced you are lying.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    And you know that your 'thousand reported bots' are banned? Hmm? you have a way to check who is banned and who isn't? The more you say the more I am convinced you are lying.
    Come on now. He's the guy that got 1000+ people banned because of all his hard work! And if you believe that I have some wonderful swamplands to sell you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    botting 4 sex-tourism?

y not manage a brothel? but that would require some real smartness, hm?

the negative impact of botting is not limited 2 economy, it also affects BGs, the Open World experience and is in general an unfair advantage over the majority.

with me 5k BGs/played, even if only 1% is (usually crushing) defeat due 2 bots, thats about (50x10min=) 8-9 h (+queuetime) of no-fun. cuz 400/month.

if u need it that much, y not sell ur butt?

u wouldnt believe how much pl pay for +15
    I'm going there with my gf so I'm not really a sex tourist. Besides, I never botted anything else except leveling up from 100-110 and gathering herbs. That way I bring herb prices down for legit players who then get cheaper raids. I'm not really hurting the economy and it's a game anyway, people should not take it too seriously. What Blizzard thinks is something I don't care about. They are a huge company swimming in YOUR money while delivering junk year after year.
    Heck I had a returning herb customer who bought herbs for 275k - 350k every second day from me. He used half, and half he sold for profit on the AH. Win-win for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    That way I bring herb prices down for legit players who then get cheaper raids. I'm not really hurting the economy and it's a game anyway
    Give me a fucking break. I love how you try to justify your botting as helping the legit players who raid. You A R E hurting the economy so quit trying to spin it as some positive thing. You know who you are hurting? Legit herbalists who would like to make more gold for the herbs they are farming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Name one game developer who does it better and how it is better than what Blizzard does.
    Rainbow Six Siege / Ubisoft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I dont care if you report them... report all of them... but when you get banned for GM abuse or someone finds out that you reported them as a bot and they weren't and they come for you then I'd laugh my ass off at you. Your claim that you know of a 1000 bots, is simply bullshit.
    If you cant see when its really a player playing or a bot im willing to bet you sir dont understand shit about boting or the game itself

Its so obvious bots farming suramar for herbs

I myself farm suramar to make gold on ah ( Legit no fuckin bot) and im tired of seeing bots (demon hunters and dk with shit gear and mount starter)

Th

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Give me a fucking break. I love how you try to justify your botting as helping the legit players who raid. You A R E hurting the economy so quit trying to spin it as some positive thing. You know who you are hurting? Legit herbalists who would like to make more gold for the herbs they are farming.
    You mean there are crazies who would waste time herbing by hand?

So when are these banned people planning to do their ddos this time

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Does it matter? How does someone doing 5000 Mogushan runs affect your gameplay?
    Bots =//= bots
    Doesnt matter what kind of bots, theyre bots. Read the ToS one more time

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I think it's moronic they do temporary suspensions personally. Cheat in Overwatch it's a perma ban but cheat in WoW then it's 6 months?

I don't care how different the games are. Cheat in any of their games it should have the same consequences.
    the reason (i cant remember where i heared this but i agree with it)
    blizzard does temp bans that increase and not perma right away is that

when you get perma banned you have to make a new account, then players are more willing to bot again cause well they lost everything, they are startng all over again so... doesent matter to risk it

but when you have a temp ban you get the "well man you messed up... your gunna be off for awhile but you will get your stuff back, but if you keep botting well say goodbye to years of progress"

so yes it helps less with people who bot just to bot and will never stop botting then perma bans

but it does allow for blizz to forgive players who have played for along time and maybe bot for something and get caught, then are willing to play again without botting

- - - Updated - - -

Ban wave just happened. And all those 1000+ reported bots are banned too.

Too bad it's not perma ban too, but just 6 months.
    how do you know? when somone has been banned before they are banned for longer then 6 months
    also 6 monthsi s a long time... i dont see why 6 months+ inst long enough for you... and yes if those bots have been banned before, they have most likley allready, they will be gone much longer if not perma (you get perma banned if you get banned for botting twice before)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Lol the consequences of making a game too accessible. Even a bot can play the game.
    lol bots have been botting since vanilla... that argument is rather.... rose... .tinted

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going there with my gf so I'm not really a sex tourist. Besides, I never botted anything else except leveling up from 100-110 and gathering herbs. That way I bring herb prices down for legit players who then get cheaper raids. I'm not really hurting the economy and it's a game anyway, people should not take it too seriously. What Blizzard thinks is something I don't care about. They are a huge company swimming in YOUR money while delivering junk year after year.
    Heck I had a returning herb customer who bought herbs for 275k - 350k every second day from me. He used half, and half he sold for profit on the AH. Win-win for both of us.
    Whelp, here is someone who doesn't understand economy
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

except yes youve "helped by making raids cheaper by making herbs cost less"
    except youve not "not helped by making raids cost more by making herbs cost less"
    because those players who were farming herbs to afford other items for raid, no longer make as much

so yes your making raid "cheaper" for some, your making it cost more for others... so youve done nothing but help yourself

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Bot banning generally happens in waves, accompanied by a hotfix...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the reason (i cant remember where i heared this but i agree with it)
    blizzard does temp bans that increase and not perma right away is that

when you get perma banned you have to make a new account, then players are more willing to bot again cause well they lost everything, they are startng all over again so... doesent matter to risk it

but when you have a temp ban you get the "well man you messed up... your gunna be off for awhile but you will get your stuff back, but if you keep botting well say goodbye to years of progress"

so yes it helps less with people who bot just to bot and will never stop botting then perma bans

but it does allow for blizz to forgive players who have played for along time and maybe bot for something and get caught, then are willing to play again without botting
    I can actually believe this. Blizzard knows that player loyalty(even that of botters) is super valuable. Permanent bans could cause players to quit wow, and possibly blizzard, forever. But even a 6 month ban let's people see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

Personally I think they'd set a better precedent with permanent bans, but I can understand the reasoning of not doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol bots have been botting since vanilla... that argument is rather.... rose... .tinted
    People must have forgotten the armies of dwarf hunters with pet boars named "boar" running in circles killing and skinning mobs, each of those bots only wearing boe greens (often many levels below the current, and often lower armor type like cloth) never quest rewards and some of them would even pause a sec and /wave if you passed by so you wouldn't consider them a bot!

Back in the days where you didn't have dailies, garrisons, WQ and all these improvements to get gold and the only way to "grind gold" was either gather herbs / ore / skins or just grind mobs sell greys they drop how do you think gold selling websites were getting their stocks up? And there were plenty gold selling websites back then... Also account selling and selling "powerlevelling" services was very common since getting to max level was considered a way bigger chore than it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    If you cant see when its really a player playing or a bot im willing to bet you sir dont understand shit about boting or the game itself

Its so obvious bots farming suramar for herbs

I myself farm suramar to make gold on ah ( Legit no fuckin bot) and im tired of seeing bots (demon hunters and dk with shit gear and mount starter)

Th
    Um, ok, thanks for providing the word salad.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Botter poetry. But yeah I get it the least of your problems is that you are a botter.

On topic: Anyone who bots is someone who doesn't care for the game or the longevity thereof or for progress etc. By botting one simply admits they are incapable of playing the game at the level its meant to be played. And no botting doesn't make the botter smarter than the rest it just proves how petty and low humans can be and how hard wow can be to progress legitimatelly.

And please don't come up with stupid arguments like "but I don't have time to herb I have a life". Everyone has a life and they handle it. Resorting to illegal means = incompetent to survive otherwise.

But sure go ahead waste your life buying new accounts struggling to gather 2-3 herbs more than you would by normal means and pray the rest of the time that this week's banhammer won't get you. Sad life really.
    Botting is not illegal. It's against Blizzard policy, but it's not illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have been allowed a long time ago. Grinding sucks.