Thread: Fear Mongering

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its funny the people supporting the shut down of his speech are the same ones yelling for free speech.
    Curious to know how the protesters are asking to shut down free speech. Free speech has at its core the right to protest against the government.

In this case, protesting a number of invalid cabinet appointments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, I do question his intentions. He intends to take away people's freedoms unnecessarily.
    Again, Bush and Obama were already doing that.... that's not the issue with Trump, Clinton would have continued the erosion of freedoms too - until the country snapped.

The issue with Trump is that what ever his agenda - he doesn't have the patience or the temperament to carry them out rationally.

Good example - in his haste to 'attack' the Chinese economy he killed the one thing that would have given the US power over the Chinese economy. The TPP.

He can't even do the wrong thing (immigration EO) correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Are you talking about when every single right wing voter screamed and cried that if Hillary became president she would start a nuclear war with Russia? Yes, that's called fearmongering.
    And here we are 12 days or so in, and Trump has already publicly 'declared' war on Chicago, Mexico and in effect China. He has insulted close allies, in private and in public and apparently treated almost ALL of the other world leaders (except Putin) with contempt during their conversations.

It has been and is still obvious who the rational person fears most.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Curious to know how the protesters are asking to shut down free speech. Free speech has at its core the right to protest against the government.

In this case, protesting a number of invalid cabinet appointments.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, Bush and Obama were already doing that.... that's not the issue with Trump, Clinton would have continued the erosion of freedoms too - until the country snapped.

The issue with Trump is that what ever his agenda - he doesn't have the patience or the temperament to carry them out rationally.

Good example - in his haste to 'attack' the Chinese economy he killed the one thing that would have given the US power over the Chinese economy. The TPP.

He can't even do the wrong thing (immigration EO) correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

And here we are 12 days or so in, and Trump has already publicly 'declared' war on Chicago, Mexico and in effect China. He has insulted close allies, in private and in public and apparently treated almost ALL of the other world leaders (except Putin) with contempt during their conversations.

It has been and is still obvious who the rational person fears most.
    they are protesting with the intent of keeping the dude that was speaking from speaking becuase they didnt like him. that sure as shit sounds like they dont support free speech. And it was a riot last night not a protest.

they are protesting with the intent of keeping the dude that was speaking from speaking becuase they didnt like him.
    SO if you can't protest against the government because you don't like them - what on earth can you protest about ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    It's not fear mongering if it's real. People are worried about things trump is actually saying, not about nutjob conspiracy theories. Every should be very worried. Apathy and dismissal is only going to let the situation get worse.

SO if you can't protest against the government because you don't like them - what on earth can you protest about ?
    hes not the government? And there is a difference between protesting and assaulting people, looting stores and damaging property.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's not fear mongering if it's real. People are worried about things trump is actually saying, not about nutjob conspiracy theories. Every should be very worried. Apathy and dismissal is only going to let the situation get worse.
    so worried that they had to loot the starbucks and assault people on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Saying AND doing. Day #2 of is job he pretty much doomed humanity to extinction.
    The he issues a chaotic, ill thought executive order which he refused assistance in writing - causing world wide chaos and affecting citizens of every country.
    Then he threatens to invade a state.
    Then he succonds state officials to start acting as immigration officials.

This is straight out of the history books.

Some people aren't afraid only because they've not read any history.

- - - Updated - - -

hes not the government?
    Sorry dude, but he is now part of the Government - Trump ensured that when he made a certain appointment to the cabinet.

Saying AND doing. Day #2 of is job he pretty much doomed humanity to extinction.
    Your no different than these news sites now. Get out and come back when your based in reality.

hes not the government? And there is a difference between protesting and assaulting people, looting stores and damaging property.
    A few Muslims killed some people - let's ban Muslims.
    A few protesters were dickheads - let's ban protesters.
    A Jew took my job....

The very act you are participating of damning a group for the actions of a few is one of the core facets of fascism.

Just be careful where you want to take the country and the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trumps campaign was fear mongering. His speech at the rnc was worse than that dude with the end is near sign.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Its funny the people supporting the shut down of his speech are the same ones yelling for free speech.

You dont get to choose and pick what you deem acceptable to be covered under free speech. Its either all or nothing.
    Actually it isn't all or nothing. Consequences to speech (such as further speech) are part of the package.

And you're setting up a straw man. Calling someone out on lies isn't supression, it's further expression. If that person can't deal with it? Fine.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Your no different than these news sites now.
    How so? Just because I post a truth you don't want to hear, suddenly something is wrong ?

Just because I post a truth you don't want to hear, suddenly something is wrong ?
    Did you watch none of the 2016 election? This is now standard policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Trumps campaign was fear mongering. His speech at the rnc was worse than that dude with the end is near sign.
    His inauguration speech was pretty much a declaration of war on the world.

Your no different than these news sites now. Get out and come back when your based in reality.
    I'm about 200 times more likely to die from a lawn mower accident than I am to be killed in any terrorist attack (muslim and non-muslim both included). I'm about 5000 times more likely to be killed by a fellow US citizen armed with a gun than I am to be killed in any terrorist attack.

Actually, now that I'm dealing with some reality, let's go. We should ban all men. Period. Just statistics.

/sarcasm or truth. You judge.

Deleted

You dont get to choose and pick what you deem acceptable to be covered under free speech. Its either all or nothing.
    But that's not true is it? Fire and theatre spring to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm about 200 times more likely to die from a lawn mower accident than I am to be killed in any terrorist attack (muslim and non-muslim both included). I'm about 5000 times more likely to be killed by a fellow US citizen armed with a gun than I am to be killed in any terrorist attack.

Actually, now that I'm dealing with some reality, let's go. We should ban all men. Period. Just statistics.

/sarcasm or truth. You judge.
    Look up how many people die from baths, their own trousers and stairs. They aren't banned, yet kill many more people than terrorists do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Did you watch none of the 2016 election? This is now standard policy.
    Computer scientists now say that by the 2020 Presidential election, fake video and audio new will be literally indistinguishable from reality.

We can still detect fake news, and people choose not to - how bad will it be in 4 years when there is no observable distinction.

The showed this 'photo shop for voice' app - that lets you feed in 20 minutes of say a politician speaking and make that person say ANYTHING you want.

There is a lot to be afraid of, especially with many remaining ignorant or apathetic about reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Look up how many people die from baths, their own trousers and stairs. They aren't banned, yet kill many more people than terrorists do.
    Death from "falling out of bed" is right up there with lawn mower accidents, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    2 Islamic terrorist caused US deaths per year.
    10000 American murderer caused American deaths per year.

Mmmm... lets spend trillions of dollars on... which one ?

- - - Updated - - -

At this point in time, the fascist side of the Trump administration is still in its infancy - although there are a lot of thinks happening every day hidden in little corners of the executive orders. But - it will need some patriotic republicans to do something about it.
    You see, I'm worried about this. If something "happens" in US, we are all fucked.
    The guy is insane enough to go all-in on a false alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    You see, I'm worried about this. If something "happens" in US, we are all fucked.
    The guy is insane enough to go all-in on a false alarm.
    Indeed, but I've recently discovered that :
    1. There is a set of procedural steps protecting the launch of nukes from unilateral launch
    2. Any president who was qualified to be president could easily bypass these steps (illegally) and launch
    3. Trump just doesn't have the patience or concentration to fill them, so not only can't he bypass them - he apparently will need help in an real event.

Not sure if that makes me feel better, or worse - either way it destabilises the MAD balance we've had for all my lifetime.