10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithilias View Post
    i want trinket. =(
    you mean this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    you mean this one?
    Does might of krosus work for fury ? Was playing around a bit and the proc kinda seemed to be the worst shit ever while testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Does might of krosus work for fury ? Was playing around a bit and the proc kinda seemed to be the worst shit ever while testing.
    I've only used it for like half a raid so far but it seems decent so far, it was certainly upgrade over what I was using before. I'm pretty much only using it every time I use BC+OF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Might of Krosus was ok to us before they nerf the damage by 25% and make always crit, now is terrible

Draught is a frustrating trinket at times (I got it on normal last week), that moment when you press it and a wild add walks near by (without CS) and you start doing less damage because it's hitting that target instead of the debuffed boss. It's also a bit of a death trap, especially if you're a bit of a quick trigger on doing high dps because you can find yourself pressing it and then thinking "oh shit" as there is a need to move and your character is just raging it's face off on the spot, quite funny at times but it's only got me killed once so far.

I'm not sure how worthwhile it is or how best to use it on a fight like botanist, where you have 3 mobs stacked. Firstly because unless you have CS on all 3 targets the trinket will do considerably less than it does on single target, and secondly if you're in execute phase even with CS on all 3 targets the dps of Execute is so ridiculous that you would prefer to press that than gluing yourself to the floor for 9million damage over 3 seconds (which is still impressive, roughly 3mil dps or so, not taking into account the lag pre/post trinket use).

My guild is not the paragon of skill or execution by any stretch of the imagination so it's not really possible to take much from it, but my best Botanist parse came from week 1, not having Draught of Souls equipped at all, but rather Urn + Arcano to benefit from consistent non-rng dps contribution for the 3 target cleave. While I was a bit undergeared (884 or something) it was 95% and 100% in bracket at around 750k.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-02-02 at 02:10 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

So alongside Unholy DKs, DPS Warriors may get a nerf for the Draught, Blizzard said. Lol. -shrugs-

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    So alongside Unholy DKs, DPS Warriors may get a nerf for the Draught, Blizzard said. Lol. -shrugs-
    Was there a more recent update on this or are you just talking about the blue post from a week or two back?

@Bigbazz

For fights like botanist where you can predict cleave when there's going to be a draught use, just make sure you'll have warbreaker up so you don't have to worry about lower trinket damage, or if you're fortunate enough to have the legs you can heroic leap to apply CS before the draught use.

I like the 1:20 cool down and lower damage much better on draught. It lines up much better with avatar, being only 10 seconds quicker and feels much better better to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Was there a more recent update on this or are you just talking about the blue post from a week or two back?
    Ohh was it that old? Nevermind then. But it's still recent ...

Quote Originally Posted by Deemerbob View Post
    @Bigbazz

For fights like botanist where you can predict cleave when there's going to be a draught use, just make sure you'll have warbreaker up so you don't have to worry about lower trinket damage, or if you're fortunate enough to have the legs you can heroic leap to apply CS before the draught use.

I like the 1:20 cool down and lower damage much better on draught. It lines up much better with avatar, being only 10 seconds quicker and feels much better better to use.
    Aye I'm aware of this, been trying my best to always have leap/warbringer as the CS application if there are multiple adds but sometimes it cannot be avoided as an add will come by after the cast has already began, causing it to hit for less. But the question comes when on fights like Botanist. Do you wanna eat up roughly 3.2s of Battle Cry (+Corrupted Blood) when you have free Executes and Mortal Strikes doing often upwards of 4million damage each across the 3 targets, in addition to the chance of a tactition proc for free from Deadly Calm?

And then you ask, should you just sacrifice the trinket entirely and use something that directly benefits the base dps to that Sweeping Strikes cleave? As I said my best log came from running Arcano + Urn, and at a lower ilvl than I have now, but it's not a controlled environment and Arms RNG makes it hard to take any results as conclusive, but at least on the surface one would expect the contribution of Draught over the course of a fight is still enough to make it the best choice.

Aye this was mentioned in the other thread, it's a few weeks old already.. Progression race will be over before this trinket is nerfed, if it happens. But lets be honest, Arms tendancy towards being a one trick pony is really showing in Nighthold with Arms only being able to perform well on single target, a nerf to this trinket without some buffs to the spec would leave the spec pretty underwhelming. Even on Botanist, a potential heaven with 2-3 target cleave has Arms in the lower half of performers.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-02-02 at 11:21 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Feels like without 4 piece and DoS as arms, you are in the same predicament as before NH when if you didnt have gloves/ring you were barely able to compete.

So ... I went on the PTR and was killing things, the PPM on the Execute Ring is higher than what it is on live. Can anyone confirm?

2 heroic Gul'dan and elisande kills and we've had no trinkets drop :/ like 800 might of krosus tho

Do you guys have any tips for H Gul'dan as arms?

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    Do you guys have any tips for H Gul'dan as arms?
    if eyes die before ur BS ends, dont waste ur time and GCDs and do the big dick single target dps on boss with amanthul buff.

there will be 6 fat adds on 1-2 phases where u can get some executes, and some empovered eyes on 2-3 phases, where you will be able to put some executes too.

Besides there is nothing really to say more about this fight, it depends on ur raid group. If raid do everything good and all adds die quickly u have nothing to do than just single target boss and hoping for 1-2 executes in fat adds.

So ... I went on the PTR and was killing things, the PPM on the Execute Ring is higher than what it is on live. Can anyone confirm?
    That's interesting, I would have thought they'd up it for Fury a bit but not arms. Would indeed be interesting if other people could test and give their results; I would, but I don't have the execute ring lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    you mean this one?

Nice legs bro LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Beart View Post
    if eyes die before ur BS ends, dont waste ur time and GCDs and do the big dick single target dps on boss with amanthul buff.

there will be 6 fat adds on 1-2 phases where u can get some executes, and some empovered eyes on 2-3 phases, where you will be able to put some executes too.

Besides there is nothing really to say more about this fight, it depends on ur raid group. If raid do everything good and all adds die quickly u have nothing to do than just single target boss and hoping for 1-2 executes in fat adds.
    Yea my damage sucked the big one on that fight, was near the bottom of the list.

is there a point making Soldier enchant instead of satyr, if dont have 100% dmg increase on CS with food ?

Plus i cant decide which neck to use, 880ilvl (1856 mastery 742 vers) and 900+socket (1760 haste 1170 mastery)..... One that 900's i put me to 25% haste and let me make 100% 2nd MS during BC.... but overall by testing its gives less or same dps as 880
    Any suggetions?
    Last edited by Dellux; 2017-02-03 at 08:38 PM.