Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, i would have never expected devs to just embrace the power creep that much, they are just going to add more item tiers and soon more torment difficulties to keep the game "fresh". Sure, there is no problem in having a working build, dictated by set items and specific legendaries that give insane damage multiplier in a matter of days, now we can look for the same item with yet another border while of course grinding paragon and gem levels.

I uninstalled D3 after i was done with the event and i i won't look back, i will play PoE or Diablo 2 when i want to scratch my ARPG itch.... I just can't remove a "fuck you" in my head to the dev team on how they handled this game after the great start of RoS....
    Last edited by Seifa; 2017-02-02 at 02:13 AM.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Primal ancient?

is this a fucking april fools joke?

are they fucking serious?

another power creep means that an expansion is even more less likely at this point unless they do a stat squish
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Uber Blessed Primal Ascended Ancient legendary items coming soon to fix the game! Cause that's the fix to everything!

Well, time to move D3 from the 'hopeful I might play this when a patch hits' SSD folder to the HDD storage folder of death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    woo, more RNG and powercreep, JUST what the community have asked for the past few seasons.

/s
    To be honest, Powercreep gives a game more longevity beyond letting it stagnat - Morrowind was an extremely good game, but how many ppl who have it play it constantly like Skyrim? Lets face it - Running into a progression wall is NOT fun. It is NOT fun to look and say "Hey, I could play for 1000 more hours and only be capable of doing 1 higher GR!". And downgrading yourself 5 GRs is NOT fun either.

Of course, Ancient Ancients is one of the worst ways to add powercreep in my opinion - The only worse one I could think of would be cutting paragon XP requirement in half or somethin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Looks like "RNG is fun" mentality is spreading from HS to other Blizz games.

...I think people forget that Diablo has always been a game about RNG and grinding. If you already have all the BiS gear for your character, then Diablo is no longer fun as you really don't have much improvement as you go. Adding things like a new tier of Ancient alleviates that and actually gives people a reason to be excited when something drops...rather than going: "OH.....more crafting mats that I'll never use."
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Armory is a nice addition - finally.

Primal Ancents are just WUT. It's not a problem of powercreep - it's just that they are a) just a layer of RNG with no reason to exist and b) marginal in terms of actual progression (which at this point is solely constitued by GR climbing as there's nothing else relevant to do in game).

So, instead of giving players other things to do outside GRs or maybe make Paragon a decent (not good, decent would be enough compared to the crapfest they are now) personal progression system.

All while trying to sell the Necro DLC which i hope will be resonably priced or people won't even bother with it given how a new class doesn't solve anything about the issues the game has.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I agree with Raugnaut. The reason we get burned out from the season (talking about the 1-2 week seasonal crowd which seems to make up the bulk of the playerbase) is because after a while you're going for low % upgrades and you're just repetitively farming without any (noticeable) spike in power increases anymore. Problem with Primals is that they'll likely do absolutely nothing to combat that. After all, if I get 2k legs in a season, right now my estimate of Primals would be at, what, 15-45? Depending on luck and whether their dropchance is 1 or 2% (most people seem to be saying 1). If we're positive and I get 45 primals, how many of those are even gonna be useable? Seeing how many ancients get salvaged and how many I end up equiping, that number is probably gonna be about 0-1. Again, this is me being optimistic with percentages and drop luck, on average I won't get a single Primal worth equiping in a season, assuming I play until the journey is complete and maybe a slight bit after.

The people who are mainly aided by the addition of Primals are people who, day in day out, do 4 man high level GRs. The people who already have bloated paragon, gem levels and ofcourse augments. I get that the hardcore crowd should be pleased but I don't think they have to get this much of an enormous leg up on people who wanna play solo, for example. Considering the complaint people already have about feeling forced into a playstyle, this is just another reason of why Primals are maybe not the best idea.

As I said in the S9 thread where the discussion started, I'd rather have us manually update ancients. If I know I can guarantee myself an upgrade, even through a long farm, I'll go for it. Smashing my head against a wall hoping to get my Primal weapon though? I'll have the crab juice. Just compare it to farming a mount in WoW, it's 1%, once you get it, you have it. Now imagine getting a Primal Belt of Trove with an 8 sec bombardement roll and generally poor stat rolls (no thorns, secondary resist etc)l. That shit isn't even worth equiping over a normal BoT leg and you pretty much already hit the jackpot getting that item as a Primal once...

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    ...I think people forget that Diablo has always been a game about RNG and grinding. If you already have all the BiS gear for your character, then Diablo is no longer fun as you really don't have much improvement as you go. Adding things like a new tier of Ancient alleviates that and actually gives people a reason to be excited when something drops...rather than going: "OH.....more crafting mats that I'll never use."
    As I explained (or tried to) the 1-2% is too irrelevant to matter for most players. The game is about grinding and it gets boring if you don't find new gear, yes. It's just as boring/frustrating to grind for a full week and be left with 5 horseshit primals that you can't even use anyway. I mean, how many people even reach full ancient by the end of the season (or at the time they quit)? Primals are 5-10x rarer, in other words, their existance is largely going to be irrelevant for the bulk of players.

D3 definitly needs something to keep people around longer, this isn't it though.

That said, rest of the patch looks great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh I can't be bothered anymore. They've stopped giving 2 fucks about Diablo now. I'm happy with my D2 Necro.
    Yeah, tbh at this stage I'm almost considering getting D2 on my lappy and starting a new FuryWolf... But I can't use my old disks on my new Lappy, and I'm not paying for it again .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

This game needs to die and get a sequel. Or something.

Anyone here tried Divinity: original sin?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, tbh at this stage I'm almost considering getting D2 on my lappy and starting a new FuryWolf... But I can't use my old disks on my new Lappy, and I'm not paying for it again .
    A bit off topic, but if you still have your disks and cd keys, you can put them in into your battle net account management and download your copy. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    A bit off topic, but if you still have your disks and cd keys, you can put them in into your battle net account management and download your copy. :P
    Well, shit! nice, I didn't know that.

Now I just have to find the freakin box...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

If you register the D2 game keys on your bnet account, you can download the full client from there.

EDIT got it late :P

The D2 patcher is kinda buggy though, you have to launch the game as if you're running an old copy of windows or something, can't remember. I just remember not being able to patch the game to play on battlenet. Just something to keep in mind when you're reinstalling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, can't find my old copy... Moved house recently and got rid of LOTS of stuff, I'm worried I might have junked that and Titan Quest, because I hadn't played them in YEARS and didn't see myself playing them again any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    The D2 patcher is kinda buggy though, you have to launch the game as if you're running an old copy of windows or something, can't remember. I just remember not being able to patch the game to play on battlenet. Just something to keep in mind when you're reinstalling it.
    You can download the patch directly from Blizzard's support site, otherwise, as you said, it's a pain to boot D2 on a modern system.... Too bad our friend lost his cd. :S

Oh well, i think we are off topic enough. <.<'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Oh well, i think we are off topic enough. <.<'
    It's cool:

A: This is my thread, it can go as off topic as I allow
    B: Let's face it... There's not exactly a lot of discuss on this patch...

It's cool:

A: This is my thread, it can go as off topic as I allow
    B: Let's face it... There's not exactly a lot of discuss on this patch...
    Ok, too much offtopic is a no-no, but given how D3 community here is tight and cool, until everything goes wild it's fine. Discussion is good if it's civil.

On topic: Yes, right now there's basically zero to discuss. Armory and reagent inventory are great QoL cahnges and everyone welcomes them. Ancient ancients (yo dawg) are...well i don't really know how to feel about them. Rng on top of RNG is never a good choice imho and i suppose most people will be more bored than interested in them.

I agree with the video below though. 1 month only into s9 and we have PTR already. I don't feel they're going to cut the season again like S8 this time, but instead i expect more stuff to come (especially class changes) over time.

Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-02 at 04:07 PM.

Primal ancient legendaries? At least I hope they can proc hellforged with a socket and additional quaternary stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I agree with the video below though. 1 month only into s9 and we have PTR already. I don't feel they're going to cut the season again like S8 this time, but instead i expect more stuff to come (especially class changes) over time.
    Yeah true. I think this is the absolute base version of 2.5.0 PTR. They're just making sure that Armory and Reagent Inventory both work (Which I do just want to take a second to say are both GREAT changes), and then finetune drop rates for Ancient2 drops THEN they'll set about with Class changes and maybe some item tweaks. I mean, if you look at the Item Flavour text, it seems like at least four new/upgraded legendaries coming, so fingers crossed there is still a fair amount more to come.