Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Oh, so you value a car that's likely worth around $10000 at best to be more than a human life. You're truly an incredible individual, I wish I could be more like you and happily kill people because they broke something. Seems good.
    Let's be fair, Antifa lives are worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I do think MMOC-OT needs a chart on the front page that breaks down the groups. After watching Dave Rubin for a bit, I do like that he (as a liberal) breaks it down as "The Left", Liberals, Conservatives and "the Right" (or alt right). I'd like to not be grouped up with the far right nut jobs and I like to not lump my liberal buddies in with what's going on with the far left crazies.
    The vast majority of people on both the "left" and "right" are peace-loving individuals who just happen to have different ideas about how government should work. Blanket statements that seek to categorize entire groups based on the actions of an extreme minority only serve to divide us.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Let's be fair, Antifa lives are worthless.
    Funny, I feel the same way about Trump supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Funny, I feel the same way about Trump supporters.
    Obviously, which is why you're justifying and excusing violence against them. Don't pretend to be morally superior when the opposition takes a page from your playbook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Milo is....offensive this is true. But occasionally he says something thought provoking. Not necessarily correct mind you, but something that can get you thinking in ways you didn't before. Even if it doesn't lead to you agreeing with his perspective it can at least lead to a better understanding of the opposition's viewpoints so that you can better debate them.

The problem I've seen in the last few years is a complete shut down on the extreme left when it comes to these issues. People no longer want to be wrong and as such they will try to shut down any speech coming out of the right, extreme or not. Opposing viewpoints? Can't have that. The right has issues with this as well but this post is supposed to be about the Berkley riots so I'm sticking to that.

These protests are silly and ridiculous. People have the right to freedom of speech, Milo has that right and so do the protesters. They shouldn't be allowed to essentially scream and scream until the other side is drowned out or resort to violence.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    What does obama have to do with what I said?
    Had everything to do with what I was talking about which you quoted me first, and my point with Obama is that both right and left are throwing hissy fits, but many of the policies abd orders Obama set forth (a similar ban, border security, deportation) have been fairly similar in effect. Yet now everyone is rioting about it and trashing everything.

You asked if Republicans rejected a lot too, yeah they sure did. If that's literally all you wanted, then I guess you have your answer....

10+ Year Old Account
    One fucking arrest.

That is a colossal failure of leadership.

Multiple assaults, a bank robbery, massive fires, destruction of property, attacks on police.

The police chief and head of campus security should be fired since they dont have the common decency to step down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Had everything to do with what I was talking about which you quoted me first, and my point with Obama is that both right and left are throwing hissy fits, but many of the policies abd orders Obama set forth (a similar ban, border security, deportation) have been fairly similar in effect. Yet now everyone is rioting about it and trashing everything.

You asked if Republicans rejected a lot too, yeah they sure did. If that's literally all you wanted, then I guess you have your answer....
    It's true, this administration change has proceeded fairly similarly to past ones and yet it's been much more contentious.

I was reading the NY Times and something that caught my eye on the "gag order" from the EPA and other such agencies was this little tidbit:

Longtime employees at three of the agencies — including some career environmental regulators who conceded that they remained worried about what President Trump might do on policy matters — said such orders were not much different from those delivered by the Obama administration as it shifted policies from the departing White House of George W. Bush. They called reactions to the agency memos overblown. On Wednesday, Douglas Ericksen, a spokesman for the E.P.A., said that grants had been only briefly frozen for review, and that they would be restarted by Friday.
    If this is fairly standard process why exactly has everyone decided to make it a big deal?? People WANT to have something to be upset about this time around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    People have the right to freedom of speech, Milo has that right and so do the protesters. They shouldn't be allowed to essentially scream and scream until the other side is drowned out or resort to violence.
    I just dont understand that people that approve that you can shut people up with violence stay in the USA.
    I mean if you like to have this then North Korea will be paradise for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steve Bannon: "The media should keep their mouth shut..."

Muh First Amendment Rights!
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    One fucking arrest.

That is a colossal failure of leadership.

Multiple assaults, a bank robbery, massive fires, destruction of property, attacks on police.

The police chief and head of campus security should be fired since they dont have the common decency to step down.

You were expecting anything from commiefornia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Milo is....offensive this is true. But occasionally he says something thought provoking. Not necessarily correct mind you, but something that can get you thinking in ways you didn't before. Even if it doesn't lead to you agreeing with his perspective it can at least lead to a better understanding of the opposition's viewpoints so that you can better debate them.
    I'm trying to figure out, if what he does is good or bad. At the moment, maybe bad. Long run, maybe his style is good in that it draws attention to the groups that don't want open discussion, just "You're wrong, so you don't get to speak!" Could, by poking the far left with sticks, and causing them to protest and in extreme cases riot, be what helps bring in the rational people to see what is going on around the country and question things. In essence reviving debate and public discourse?

I don't think everything he says is wrong, but he clearly likes to presents of those facts or statistics in a provocative way to illicit a response. It really makes me think of a guy in trade chat, who has a very distinct way of trolling people and even after 3 years he can say the same 3 or 4 lines and get people worked up to the point they want him to be killed or die. And the lines can be has simple has "I'm the most experience Ret pally on the server"

Never thought I would see the day when Republicans would so openly embrace a Nazi sympathizer. Yet liberals are the evil ones here.

Milo is smart as fuck, he's just provocative. He's way better at debate than the pseudo intellectuals at Berkley

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I'm actually shocked people on the left are defending this
    The sad part is I am not surprised in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

Muh peaceful, nonfascist protest!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Muh peaceful, nonfascist protest!
    I'm a bit more concerned about potentuial 1st Amendment violations from the Trump administration than a small group of idiot protesters. But hey! That's just me...
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

“The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while,”

Hes not wrong the media is too busy trying to push a narrative and they are missing what the people are thinking and feeling. Hes attacking them for being propaganda factories out of touch of the mainstream which they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Never thought I would see the day when Republicans would so openly embrace a Nazi sympathizer. Yet liberals are the evil ones here.
    I never thought I'd see the day when Liberals used mass name calling to belittle other peoples' opinions and to justify their own awful actions!

Ah, wait. Yeah I did. Its basically all they do. Can't debate without it being filled with a thousand buzzwords.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Milo is smart as fuck, he's just provocative. He's way better at debate than the pseudo intellectuals at Berkley
    Not to mention likely laughing his ass off at how his opponents just vindicated his message and gave him free international publicity to boot.