Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd be extremely reserved in calling Milo a conservative (because he is not). I've read his articles and material. He's a transplant from the 1930 Nazi era. That's not even sensationalizing it. The KKK evolved into the buzzword alt-right and Milo is a leader in this movement along with his publication breitbart. If you defend this mans platform then I'd seriously consider you in cohorts with his ideologies. If you are upset because (1st amendment), I'd have to insist that no one has taken away his first amendment rights. He can speak openly and does all the time. Because a liberal institution objects (albeit in an ass backward way that incites violence, NEVER OK) and protests against him does NOT infringe on his rights. He just might want to consider spewing his "facts" to a more receptive audience, perhaps at the next alt-right meeting.

To be clear: No one is infringing on his right to free speech. They are however not giving him a microphone and a platform to spew his hate filled alternative facts. If he's arrested for his ideologies and institutionally silenced THEN you can say his free speech was infringed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    Just imagine the outrage if the roles were inverted and it was antifa wimps and other leftist scum getting silenced and beaten by right wingers.
    Well, at this point, we can expect this tit for tat to continue on. You did it, so I'm going to do it! Seems to be a very elementary school way of handling all this. A mental exercise I do like to do on this, is to determine if one side is "more wrong" with the tactic.
    The left is known for it's social kindess and utopian dream of peace and love for all
    The right is known for being a little less sympathetic and more hawkish

Should the right be happy(or at least more accepting) with the use of violence to achieve a goal
    Is it hypocritical of the left, the Hippie free love group to tolerate (maybe advocate) violence has a means to achieve a goal?

Is trying to determine if one side is "more wrong" a pointless mental exercise? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Who would have thought it would be liberals burning down shit and being violent o prevent a gay man from speaking. Anno Domini 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Or better yet go ask him questions and engage with him.
    This shows that the concept of "culture wars" and "diversity" are all farces.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Milo is a pro-fascism troll who outs sexual minorities. Like or dislike the protests as you will, but don't pretend he's anything else.
    Being an ass is not illegal. What you're promoting is.

p.s. another one who has no idea what fascism is. Milo, authoritarian? The people who protest him are more fascist.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-02-02 at 04:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man, I gotta start investing in Orville Redenbacher's stock. It's gonna be a popcorn worthy 4 years as the left self implodes. Just imagine if we had Hilary as president right now, she would be legitimizing this type of behavior serving only to embolden these "anti facist" facists.

Just SMH at leftists smashing the windows at the martin luther king building on the first day of black history month. The irony is meme worthy

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post

To be clear: No one is infringing on his right to free speech. They are however not giving him a microphone and a platform to spew his hate filled alternative facts. If he's arrested for his ideologies and institutionally silenced THEN you can say his free speech was infringed upon.
    Yet, the actors had a platform to spew their hate filled alternative facts!. you dont see any red-neck consertives rioting, burning stuff during their event? those few actors that disagree take to other media to voice a diff. view, yet the media and left accecpt this hate filled vile crap as facts and a license to go out and just lay it on thicker. its really not helping the anti-trump cause .. imo

Deleted
    To be clear: No one is infringing on his right to free speech. They are however not giving him a microphone and a platform to spew his hate filled alternative facts.
    This line makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    This is one reason Hillary lost imo. The left encouraged by some and yes this includes Hillary has such a sense of moral superiority it borders on crusader levels of can do no wrong while raping abd pillaging in "the lords name" creating a situation where they cannot even fathom they could be wrong or morality is not universal. The egocentric here will kill the left just as it has cursed the right.

The issue is the right had to take humble pie for years and still hasn't fully realized it nor has America's left. If anything both sides are becoming more abd more galvanized against their enemies while ignoring clear real dangers such as growing corporate favoritism and how we live in what js essential an oligarchy and are bordering on some kind of neo feudalism.
    That's how I view a lot of the talk from Clinton and fellows, neo-feudalism. Just pacify the populace with welfare and drugs and keep the sheep from speaking out. Both the right and left have forgotten how to comprimise. I mean, abortion for example, seems a simple compromise is "pick a way to decide when the fetus is a life and gets legal protection". No abortion vs abortion at 8&half months isn't compromise...

Buut the right has to stop the dangers of gay marriage, Muslims, Mexicans and women's rights while the left must enforce their superior morality and instruct the world in how to treat women.

Irony is i actually believe in alot of left wing policies and feel bernie was our best bet. I just am actually liberal and will support freedom of speech even if I hate it. But the left has become as bad as the right and in some ways worse(others better) and unless something changes(and not sure we have time) I feel shit will go down the drain faster then and I quote venture brothers here "an unwanted pregnancy on prom night"
    A good example for me is that after all the little scandals of the DNC trying to block Sanders, Debbie Wasserman Shultz still got elected to another term in the House. They really take the party loyalty over right/wrong. Republicans do this too, obviously, but since she's a local rep it really struck home.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread:

You're a FASCIST!

No, you're a FASCIST!

All Democrats are violent. I know this because a few people committed violence and I think they might be Democrats.

BUT MY RIGHTS......
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Retard protests over Milo, a moderate center-right that actually engages debates with his opponents? People still wonder why Trump won...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Man, I gotta start investing in Orville Redenbacher's stock. It's gonna be a popcorn worthy 4 years as the left self implodes. Just imagine if we had Hilary as president right now, she would be legitimizing this type of behavior serving only to embolden these "anti facist" facists.

Just SMH at leftists smashing the windows at the martin luther king building on the first day of black history month. The irony is meme worthy
    The left is having it's tea party moment.. Sad thing is could have been avoided had the Democrats nit rigged the primaries

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This thread:

You're a FASCIST!

No, you're a FASCIST!

All Democrats are violent. I know this because a few people committed violence and I think they might be Democrats.

BUT MY RIGHTS......

*stares in fascism*

This thread:

You're a FASCIST!

No, you're a FASCIST!

BUT MY RIGHTS......
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...minals-democr/

"For instance, in New York, about one-third of felons released from prison registered to vote after their release. Of those, about 62 percent registered as Democrats and 9 percent registered as Republicans, with 26 percent registering as independents or with other parties."

Well, violent criminals are definitely more likely to vote democrat (even if politifact claim there's no support for the violent part: 62 vs 9 percent obviously means the first is going to also include more violence).
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-02-02 at 04:51 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This seems straight-forward enough. Here's a breakdown I got from my friends who actually live at Berkeley.

I wasn't there because I knew there was a chance of violence. But I know a lot of people who were so I'll try to share their perspective.

My organization, ______, called for a protest and attempted shut-down of Milo Yiannapolous. We participated in a coalition with campus groups and Berkeley Antifa to organize a multipronged struggle against Milo and his predominantly neo-nazi cronies. Leading up to yesterday there were many organizing meetings and a long campaign including less radical groups trying to put pressure on the admin to cancel the event, to no avail, even as Milo's supporters attacked and even shot anti-fascist organizers on other campuses.

A few thousand folks answered the call, vastly outnumbering the people who were trying to hear Milo speak. Multiple police forces were dispatched in order to ensure the safety of the *literal nazis* who had come to network through the event.

Also present was a group of black bloc anarchists, you know, the face-covering smashy smashy folks who tend to escalate confrontations with cops and make large gatherings like this less safe and accessible to the broader masses of the working class.

The event was canceled almost immediately due to the size and militancy of the protesting group. But a lot of other things happened and it's not super clear in what order members of different groups attacked each other.*____*told me she saw a nazi with a bloody nose going around trying to provoke people into fist-fighting. At some point the black bloc folks (or maybe provocateurs, it's always hard to know) set fire to a generator and also launched fireworks at the cops which provoked some rubber bullets. Surprisingly my understanding is that the cops didn't start off by summarily pepper-spraying the entire crowd (maybe it's because their nazi friends were in the crowd, actually; the UC released a statement about brave campus cops "rescuing" individual targets of violence from the crowd, and I guarantee you those individuals were all nazis).

_____ -- my main source on these more detailed bits -- left the event around 7:30 at which point the protest was still going fairly strong but the right-wing element was getting more agitated. Walking home we heard dispersal orders from a police helicopter ringing all over Berkeley. I just woke up and don't know how the situation devolved later in the evening.

Hope this helps.
    I actually left around 7, but that seems pretty accurate. To my knowledge no one was gassed, pepper sprayed, batonned or arrested, though the cops did fire rubber bullets into the crowd when the black block people started shootings fireworks literally in the directions of the cops which the other protesters yelled at them to stop. I kept scanning the news after I left to see if there was any other updates, but just found the same sort of tidbits of information in all the articles, some aspects of which seemed wonky (for example, there were certainly more than 1500 protestors there total and far fewer than 150 black block, and the cops never tear gassed the crowd). I would love to see what articles you are seeing with conflicting reports

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post

"For instance, in New York, about one-third of felons released from prison registered to vote after their release. Of those, about 62 percent registered as Democrats and 9 percent registered as Republicans, with 26 percent registering as independents or with other parties."

Well, violent criminals are definitely more likely to vote democrat.
    I was under the assumption you were unable to vote once convicted as a felon?

Deleted
    Antifas and neo-nazis should all DIAF. Waste of grey matter.

I'd be extremely reserved in calling Milo a conservative (because he is not). I've read his articles and material. He's a transplant from the 1930 Nazi era. That's not even sensationalizing it. The KKK evolved into the buzzword alt-right and Milo is a leader in this movement along with his publication breitbart. If you defend this mans platform then I'd seriously consider you in cohorts with his ideologies. If you are upset because (1st amendment), I'd have to insist that no one has taken away his first amendment rights. He can speak openly and does all the time. Because a liberal institution objects (albeit in an ass backward way that incites violence, NEVER OK) and protests against him does NOT infringe on his rights. He just might want to consider spewing his "facts" to a more receptive audience, perhaps at the next alt-right meeting.

Jewish homosexual that prefers black men as his lovers and you want to call him a Nazi? Can that be anymore ludicrous?
    don't you SJWs know the absurd use of calling anyone that disagrees with you a Nazi has cheeped the word and its meaning it is powerless and anytime you see it used just makes normal people to just shake their head and discredit everything that is said afterwards

If you cant have an adult intelligent debate based on facts and critical thinking with out resorting to accusations of Nazi and fascism you have lost the debate before it even began
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2017-02-02 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post

Well, violent criminals are definitely more likely to vote democrat.
    OMG well there you have it.

*Fascism violent tendencies intensify*
    Eat yo vegetables

That's just a gross over-exaggeration. These blanket statements that paint every liberal with a broad brush are really idiotic.

The "liberal" marches that occurred after the inauguration resulted in like 4 arrests. Nationwide. Out of millions of individual marchers.

So you're just factually wrong here. Try again.
    Wait, so are they not angry or are they not violent? I would argue that most are angry to the point of violence. Is that not the case? I'm not trying to paint anything, I've just talked to a lot of liberals and they seem angry to the point of violence. My question was why....

So if you aren't angry or violent, then there is no problem. Is there a problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussieshitposter View Post
    I was under the assumption you were unable to vote once convicted as a felon?
    It depends on the state.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters