Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Thoughts?
    Fel Efflux is a neat ability, and could cause me to brush off my warlock, even though she's always been an alternative character. I may consider her for main status someday. Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Our spells have been updated over time as well, not sure what he's on about.
    Some have yes. but for instance Affliction...dots have no spell effects unless its a channel like Drain Soul (which is not necessarily mandatory for affliction). Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, UA...these have no effects at all and they pretty much make up the entire spec.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'd trade Channel Demonfire for Fel Efflux any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland View Post
    Fel Efflux is a neat ability, and could cause me to brush off my warlock, even though she's always been an alternative character. I may consider her for main status someday. Who knows!
    Sadly, didn't they essentially give Fel Efflux to DH's in the form of Eye Beam? We lost our meta... now...... ><

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a bigger badder Eye Beam. <3
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Trust me. As a Death Knight I can tell you: You don't want the Death Knight treating.

EDIT: Well, considering they've already butchered your class... Doesn't matter anyway.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Some have yes. but for instance Affliction...dots have no spell effects unless its a channel like Drain Soul (which is not necessarily mandatory for affliction). Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, UA...these have no effects at all and they pretty much make up the entire spec.
    I mean, shadow is in effectively the exact same position and I don't see anyone pretending that spriests got literally nothing.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I would love a bigger badder Eye Beam. <3
    You want a spell that requires that you directly face your target in order to hit it? That works for melee since it's hard to miss from that close. Doesn't work nearly as well for ranged.

Yes the effect would look cool, but the implementation (at least the Gul'dan version), is highly impractical.

Deleted
    They're gonna find a way to give it to mages instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    You want a spell that requires that you directly face your target in order to hit it? That works for melee since it's hard to miss from that close. Doesn't work nearly as well for ranged.

Yes the effect would look cool, but the implementation (at least the Gul'dan version), is highly impractical.
    If it has the same width I'm fine with it. If you can't hit targets with that width you aren't facing them enough to get spells off anyway. And if it has that distance, I'm okay with it. Mmmm AoE. With Cata and Rain they can just move out of it easily anyways, would be equally as effective as those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    If it has the same width I'm fine with it. If you can't hit targets with that width you aren't facing them enough to get spells off anyway. And if it has that distance, I'm okay with it. Mmmm AoE. With Cata and Rain they can just move out of it easily anyways, would be equally as effective as those two.
    you can hit a mob with spells at an 89 degree angle. I don't think you really understand facing requirements (and how to use them to your benefit) in the current system.

you can hit a mob with spells at an 89 degree angle. I don't think you really understand facing requirements (and how to use them to your benefit) in the current system.
    How often are you standing facing at an 89 degree angle from the boss, beyond face away mechanics. Gul'dans beam is like 20 - 25% of the screen. If it is that large I don't think I'll have a problem hitting a stationary pack I'm usually facing anyways. On the move sure, that would be a problem. Makes the DH beam look tiny. Even still I don't think it would be as awful as suggested. If the beam stretchs far enough and has the same width I don't think it would be that annoying to play with, any more than say Cata is annoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    They adjust the quality of spells every few expansions dude. Where have you been? Lol Legion saw Mages get fresh looking spell effects, same goes to Boomkin. There's most definitely others I'm missing here, but that's just my point, they don't leave them looking outdated, they make a pass every so often.
    Don't get me started on the old Shaman Lightning Bolt. Used to look like Symmetra's right click, now it looks like Sith Force Lightning!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    How often are you standing facing at an 89 degree angle from the boss, beyond face away mechanics. Gul'dans beam is like 20 - 25% of the screen. If it is that large I don't think I'll have a problem hitting a stationary pack I'm usually facing anyways. On the move sure, that would be a problem. Makes the DH beam look tiny. Even still I don't think it would be as awful as suggested. If the beam stretchs far enough and has the same width I don't think it would be that annoying to play with, any more than say Cata is annoying.
    I almost hope that those of you advocating for this get it, so that I can have a good laugh when you complain how "clunky" or "unwieldly" or (insert buzz word) it is once you have it. No one remembers void ray I guess.

Warlock spells aren't 100% modern, but I believe all of the visible projectiles got updates in either MoP or WoD. Y'also gotta realize that warlocks will proooooobably complain about any updated graphics being not faithful enough to the original or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Don't get me started on the old Shaman Lightning Bolt. Used to look like Symmetra's right click, now it looks like Sith Force Lightning!
    Yeah, people should fool around with an ele shammy, the spell effects are amazing. Zap zap, kapow!

Pretty difficult to make Aff pretty. What can you do to give instant cast dots a reasonable visual representation? I do miss not having soul fire, especially green soul fire. Not for Aff but just in general.
    Last edited by Xeranath; 2017-02-02 at 07:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Yeah, people should fool around with an else shammy, the spell effects are amazing. Zap zap, kapow!
    It's honestly my favorite caster just from the animations, when you get several multistrike hits from chain lightning or lightning bolt, it looks like you're throwing lightning with both hands like a mad man!

I almost hope that those of you advocating for this get it, so that I can have a good laugh when you complain how "clunky" or "unwieldly" or (insert buzz word) it is once you have it. No one remembers void ray I guess.
    I'm sure it will be those things along with undertuned, but if we are going to have worthless talent choice in a row at least it could be cool looking. I figure it would be fairly niche as well mainly AoE, unlike the DH version, which took a while to become top dog. Again, it would need to be the size and scope of Gul'Dan's version for me to be into it, a small void ray or even the size of the DH just wouldn't work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    You must feel incredibly excited at the Arcane Explosion effect, the invisible Lock dots or the invisible Arcane Blast. With the casting animations of 2004.
    *Cries in Shadow*

Inquisitor and Jailer pets plz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Inquisitor and Jailer pets plz.
    Observer, Shivarra, Voidlord and Wrathguard would be sweet as well.