Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Fury Execute Phase

Can there seriously be nothing done about the Fury execute phase mechanics?

1) Enrage uptime drops by 40-50%
    2) So you're starving for rage to keep execute
    3) Juggernaut duration is far too short
    -Almost every boss in Nighthold has a mechanic that can make you leave the boss for at least 6 seconds if not more, and you lose your stacks. That feels awful.
    -In addition to mechanics they also have high priority adds that will appear in execute phase and cause you to lose your stacks. That feels awful.

4) Odyn's Champion is non functional in the execute phase.
    5) BT crit and Enrage handicaps are non functional in the execute phase.

Juggernaut is the most glaring issue here. The 6 second duration is pure cancer and is awful to try and play around. Of course my opinion is the entire infinite stacking mechanic is awful and needs a redesign, but alas.

The second problem is enrage and odyn's champion. Without enrage you're gasping for air trying to find rage to hit execute so you're juggernaut stacks don't fall off.

It's simply an awful gameplay experience. Especially when you compare it to the rest of the spec with the 7.1.5 changes is actually really enjoyable. Then execute rolls around and everything stops working, you have no sense of fluid gameplay, and almost all of your class mechanics cease to function, and you're starving for resources just to hit your buttons.

If you're also displeased with the state of the execute phase mechanics I encourage you to tweet the developers, that seems to get a far better viewership than forums.

@WarcraftDevs @WatcherDev @Celestalon @BretForbus @devolore Let your voices be heard!
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-02-02 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    snip

Honestly though. I know you from Asmongold's guild / stream / world.

You've played a non-mage class long enough to know the pace at which Blizzard hands out fucks to non mages.

I'll just throw it back to the old 12 months of feedback pre WoD, only to end up with 6.0 arms and fury

You're fucked. Reroll like everyone else did.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2017-02-01 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Can there seriously be nothing done about the Fury execute phase mechanics?

1) Enrage uptime drops by 50-60%
    2) So you're starving for rage to keep execute
    3) Juggernaut duration is far too short
    -Almost every boss in Nighthold has a mechanic that can make you leave the boss for at least 6 seconds if not more, and you lose your stacks. That feels awful.
    -In addition to mechanics they also have high priority adds that will appear in execute phase and cause you to lose your stacks. That feels awful.

4) Odyn's Champion is non functional in the execute phase.
    5) BT crit and Enrage handicaps are non functional in the execute phase.

Juggernaut is the most glaring issue here. The 6 second duration is pure cancer and is awful to try and play around. Of course my opinion is the entire infinite stacking mechanic is awful and needs a redesign, but alas.

The second problem is enrage and odyn's champion. Without enrage you're gasping for air trying to find rage to hit execute so you're juggernaut stacks don't fall off.

It's simply an awful gameplay experience. Especially when you compare it to the rest of the spec with the 7.1.5 changes is actually really enjoyable. Then execute rolls around and everything stops working, you have no sense of fluid gameplay, and almost all of your class mechanics cease to function, and you're starving for resources just to hit your buttons.

If you're also displeased with the state of the execute phase mechanics I encourage you to tweet the developers, that seems to get a far better viewership than forums.

@WarcraftDevs @WatcherDev @Celestalon @BretForbus @devolore Let your voices be heard!
    Yes there is plenty that can be done, but not enough fucks are given by the developers.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

Honestly though. I know you from Asmongold's guild / stream / world.

You've played a non-mage class long enough to know the pace at which Blizzard hands out fucks to non mages.

I'll just throw it back to the old 12 months of feedback pre WoD, only to end up with 6.0 arms and fury

You're fucked. Reroll like everyone else did.
    Lmao, that chart is great!!

Deleted
    I circumvent all those problems by playing with ring and massacre and pulling off 3milion dps during execute phase.
    because I don't have either BiS legendary

it's hella fun though, I pity every fury warrior who has to do execute phase without this setup

Ceann-Arr Ayala Massacre, sometimes i even rage cap .

It has been mentioned before, there isnt much to be done.

Without Massacre, execute phase is disgusting, its annoying.

I recently switched to Frothing cause i had Ayala's so i kept playing Massacre and dear god i hate execute phase, with Massacre its so fucking fun, but without it, what a pathetic clunky playing.

But every NH fight has some sort of add that you need to switch and DPS, making Juggernaut stacks fall off which in turn makes Massacre bad for most fights.

Just play Frothing, ignore Enrage uptime unless its from BT and pray BT crits more often during execute really.

What you can do? Talk to your raidleader and be like:

"K blizzard doesnt listen, gonna play Massacre and stay on boss 24/7, k? Lets others do adds please while i will try not to hate my class"

Or play Frothing, cleave adds and produce big numbers while hating your class.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-02 at 08:43 AM.

Deleted
    Interesting, this topic never was discussed before!

Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    I circumvent all those problems by playing with ring and massacre and pulling off 3milion dps during execute phase.
    because I don't have either BiS legendary

it's hella fun though, I pity every fury warrior who has to do execute phase without this setup
    So I'm only playing on the PTR atm and using the ring. Execute phases are the most fun with this; especially the 5mil crits on target dummies.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Yes, massacre makes the execute rotation work. This is not new, it needs to function without a talent as well.

I recently got the ring and had already been playing frothing since i liked it.... totally feel your pain... you hit all your buttons and sometimes only have about 1-3 seconds before Jugg is going to fall off.... beyond retarded playstyle. I realize this has been talked about for months... but why is it so bad to increase the buff to say 10 seconds? Like I dont get it?

Edit: I guess i find it frustrating to take massacre when it only shines in execute and for progression frothing does more DPS pre-execute....
    Last edited by Roiids; 2017-02-02 at 03:31 PM.

So the duration of the execute phase matters, but really your making a choice between sub 20% dps or above 20% dps. Frothing carrying your damage for 80% of the fight, which co.es at a cost of less impactful execute phase. You'll execute less, with kess uptime, but you'll be miles ahead of a warrior running massacre till execute. The qq fest in here is just devoid of logic.

Talent choices matter. If you want a better execute phase, pick the execute talent and stop bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    So the duration of the execute phase matters, but really your making a choice between sub 20% dps or above 20% dps. Frothing carrying your damage for 80% of the fight, which co.es at a cost of less impactful execute phase. You'll execute less, with kess uptime, but you'll be miles ahead of a warrior running massacre till execute. The qq fest in here is just devoid of logic.

Talent choices matter. If you want a better execute phase, pick the execute talent and stop bitching.
    There's a difference between numbers and the phase not playing well worth a damn. The execute rotation plays and feels like complete ass at the baseline, that's shitty design.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-02-02 at 06:47 PM.

If your stip RBs unless enraged and FS sub 20% you'll still keep your enrage uptime high, which means more rage. Just repace RV with execute without massacre. It feels fine. You don't get frothing procs, but the 15% is small when you think about jugs stacks.

If your stip RBs unless enraged and FS sub 20% you'll still keep your enrage uptime high, which means more rage. Just repace RV with execute without massacre. It feels fine. You don't get frothing procs, but the 15% is small when you think about jugs stacks.
    I guess if you have Convergence and 4pc, then I might agree with you that it's good enough. What about the huge majority of people that won't get tier bonuses? Or are doing primarily dungeon content?

Is it ok for execute to just not be a good button for them when it's been one of the most iconic ability of a warrior since the beginning of the game? Obviously my opinion is that's not ok.

Additionally we still have the Juggernaut mechanic which is a problem no matter what, more or less.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-02-02 at 07:59 PM.

Seeing as the population you describe by defintion are more casual, and anything they are fighting will not live longer than 1-5 executes, what does it matter if their execute "flow" isn't enrage heavy with tons of excess rage? This isn't even 4p or cof reliant. Rb generates 5 rage, it's honestly not good for rage gen and you are better served by FSing. Bt>fs>fs> ex repeat till enraged, then dump execute. Or keep RBing and just get one FS. You basically drop rampage completely. The goal is the same. Maintain enrage uptime, keep jug stacks up.

- - - Updated - - -

I also don't get why you tunneling the boss is a bad thing. You're a warrior, who has the best sub 20% dps in the game. Your raid dps only goes up with you tunneling. You absolutely should tell your RL you aren't swapping. Augur is the best example. You shouldn't swap to the add. You alone can carry your raid to victory when you climb to 3m dps by hitting 5m executes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, thing is you can't really tunnel some of the bosses sub 20% even if you want to. For instance Gul'dan. It's basically impossible to preserve your juggernaut stacks once he starts casting storm of the destroyer. I can imagine M Gul'dan is even worse. I've always mained a warrior and I can't recall ever feeling worse than how I feel this expansion when I lose my stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    All they need to do is make em drop 1 at the time. So u drop 9 8 7 ect every 6 seconds not all at once..... There ez as fuck fix to this talent in general
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Guldan is supposed to make you drop stacks. You're looking at this wrong. You're assuming this lofty uptime of super dps and anything but ideal circumstances ruins the experience for you. Guldans execute phase is really really long. If you never dropped stacks then warriors would end up at millions of dps and stacking warriors would simply be the strat. Instead, you get long burn windows. Your expectation is ruining your own experience because you're hung up on what it isn't instead of simply dealing with what it is. #lifehack stop letting your entitlement impead your own enjoyment. Jugg stacks are gonna fall off on some fights. Deal and move on.

Guldan is supposed to make you drop stacks. You're looking at this wrong. You're assuming this lofty uptime of super dps and anything but ideal circumstances ruins the experience for you. Guldans execute phase is really really long. If you never dropped stacks then warriors would end up at millions of dps and stacking warriors would simply be the strat. Instead, you get long burn windows. Your expectation is ruining your own experience because you're hung up on what it isn't instead of simply dealing with what it is. #lifehack stop letting your entitlement impead your own enjoyment. Jugg stacks are gonna fall off on some fights. Deal and move on.
    You're only defending it because the numbers are good, it plays like complete shit. Stop defending terrible design.