Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope for Scourge expansion in 9.0, because it's perfect opportunity to intruduce new class - Necromancer:

- it would be ranged, cloth, pure dps class - they never intruduced class like that
    - it would create hype (like DK and DH)
    - 99% hero class to avoid Artifact/Class Hall problem
    - I know it can sound too similar to Affliction or Unholy, but DH also was 'impossible', because Demonology had Metamorphosis, and more important, people said that Necromancer is impossible in Diablo 3 because we have Witch Doctor - see how it turned out
    - two spec - one focused on pets

Leveling and story would start in area north of Eastern Plaguelands, with Stratholme as neutral capital (city have no use in open world anyway, dungeon would still be set in the past). Later plot could move to Old Kingdom under Northend and we find out more about Void Lords. This expansion could end Bolvar and Sylvanas plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post

On the one hand you are right. On the other hand it would be nice if we could pick the order we take zones. And maybe a chance to just skip over Draenor. Like at this point it really doesn't matter if you do Northtrend or Outland first. The story went bonkers anyway.

The current scaling might not be the best, but it needs to be improved, not removed.
    agreed on the northrend outland, and maybe some zones can scale but not all.. i feel there needs to be a "path" for low lvls even if new people are likely rare to the game these days. I'd rather invasion type of events or warden buffs to mobs than forced scaling.

going back to outloand / northrend i've never understood why a simple quest wasn't put in to go talk to chromie who said something like "you are now strong enough to take on one of the toughest challenges your fellow adventures undertook, allow me to send back to that time " quest objective enter outland portal. completed once you walk into outland. Its super simple and i think makes a little more sense to explain the brokenness of those two expacs right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I hope for Scourge expansion in 9.0, because it's perfect opportunity to intruduce new class - Necromancer:

- it would be ranged, cloth, pure dps class - they never intruduced class like that
    - it would create hype (like DK and DH)
    - 99% hero class to avoid Artifact/Class Hall problem
    - I know it can sound too similar to Affliction or Unholy, but DH also was 'impossible', because Demonology had Metamorphosis, and more important, people said that Necromancer is impossible in Diablo 3 because we have Witch Doctor - see how it turned out
    - two spec - one focused on pets

Leveling and story would start in area north of Eastern Plaguelands, with Stratholme as neutral capital (city have no use in open world anyway, dungeon would still be set in the past). Later plot could move to Old Kingdom under Northend and we find out more about Void Lords. This expansion could end Bolvar and Sylvanas plot.
    could work esp if my theory about coming back from Argus to see the black empire has returned.... the next class needs to be ranged, though i'd lean towards some sort of ranged phyiscal dmg like hunters are.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

A undead expansion after legion, where Bolvar loses it, loses control over the scourge and the idea behind the expansion is the scourge running rampart

New abomination model is just part of their ongoing in-game model updates... especially those used as pets by several classes...

Nothing to see here, folks, move along.

Yes. Blizzard's ideas for expansions ended with Cataclysm - MoP was a joke made alive, and WoD was attempt to reuse the glory days of early warcraft.

Now, Legion is BC 2.0. In next expansions:

1) WotLK 2.0. Ner'zhul was alive (kind of...) all the time, and now the new Ner'zhul-Bolvar-LichKing unleashes the full might of the Scourge upon Azeroth. The risen-from-the-dead death knight Arthas leads his armies. ICC was merely a setback.

2) Cataclysm 2.0. If you thought Deathwing was scary, wait till you meet his master. N'zoth finally frees himself and unleashes unspeakable horrors upon all continents. Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend and Pandaria get all revamped (but not BC content, cuz it doesn't fit the expansion, sorry), and flying is removed permanently (except of Outland of course).

3) MoP 2.0. It isn't really MoP, it's just some other joke xpac. Can't say what it will be, as devs themselves don't know that. Don't worry though, they will come up with something. Eventually.

4) WoD 2.0. In an alternate-alternate universe the Iron Horde created by Garrosh won the war against united Horde and Alliance and proceeded to conquer Azeroth. Now the alternate-alternate Wrathion invades our Azeroth with his infinite Iron Hordes, wanting another world to his collection. After the crazy stuff of MoP 2.0 its time to come back to the roots, as warcraft wa always about orcs.... right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Why is everyone so certain that Bolvar will turn on everyone?
    People who completed Death Knight garrison campaign... its a long story, you have to just experience it, but its obvious to everybody that the guy talking, communicating with you, and giving the orders (or "instructions") is NOT the hero-of-the-light Bolvar. Something changed deeply inside him. Something changed the way he thinks, and it changed towards evil. Him becoming the Lich King, putting on the Helm of Domination, seems the obvious reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    People who completed Death Knight garrison campaign... its a long story, you have to just experience it, but its obvious to everybody that the guy talking, communicating with you, and giving the orders (or "instructions") is NOT the hero-of-the-light Bolvar. Something changed deeply inside him. Something changed the way he thinks, and it changed towards evil. Him becoming the Lich King, putting on the Helm of Domination, seems the obvious reason.
    My main is a Death Knight, so I have completed the Order Hall campaign. I honestly think despite the kinda underhanded tactics used, Bolvar is doing everything for the greater good to repel the Legion. Let's face it. Tirion is no use to anyone while rotting inside a coffin in Light's Hope Chapel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    enable Scaling ability to be able to do Any Zone at any level
    I cant understand why people seeing how horribly its done in legion and still want this bullshit.
    Scaling by leveling is shit:
    #1 I dont like to never get stronger - beeing as strong as a level 1 is just bullshit in a rpg
    #2 if scaling it should scale to you item level not to your char level (best example why this is bad is to see in game when you level from 100-109 = ev erything is okay, 110 = boom you get hit by trucks cause mobs are developed for toons with gear 840 to be equal)

So no, dont fuck up old zones with this scaling bs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    I also want all capital cities populated not just Org.
    So you want the usual everyone in og and sw.... like in most of the expansions....

Deleted
    Came here to make a thread about this theory. I'm pretty certain, that we will get an undead expansion after Legion. Blizzard doesn't simply create abominations just for the DK. There's always a bigger plan behind model updates.

I would love another cata-esque xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Fixed it for you.

repair all old zones, and enable World Quests and Scaling ability to be able to do Any Zone at any level, and still have a relevant challenge and enjoyment.
    Do you have literally the scale and scope of what you're asking? Blizzard can barely put together Legion as a last ditch effort to make up for the abomination (HAH) that was WoD. Something like this could only be achieved if Blizzard literally doubled their entire work force and split them up among the continents.

OT: It's a decent idea, tbh I like the lore theory that both Sylvy and Jaina are old god pawns and a Forsaken-centric expansion that exposes both of them would be amazing.
    "Never trust anyone, especially your leaders."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Yes. Blizzard's ideas for expansions ended with Cataclysm - MoP was a joke made alive, and WoD was attempt to reuse the glory days of early warcraft.

Now, Legion is BC 2.0. In next expansions:

1) WotLK 2.0. Ner'zhul was alive (kind of...) all the time, and now the new Ner'zhul-Bolvar-LichKing unleashes the full might of the Scourge upon Azeroth. The risen-from-the-dead death knight Arthas leads his armies. ICC was merely a setback.

2) Cataclysm 2.0. If you thought Deathwing was scary, wait till you meet his master. N'zoth finally frees himself and unleashes unspeakable horrors upon all continents. Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend and Pandaria get all revamped (but not BC content, cuz it doesn't fit the expansion, sorry), and flying is removed permanently (except of Outland of course).

3) MoP 2.0. It isn't really MoP, it's just some other joke xpac. Can't say what it will be, as devs themselves don't know that. Don't worry though, they will come up with something. Eventually.

4) WoD 2.0. In an alternate-alternate universe the Iron Horde created by Garrosh won the war against united Horde and Alliance and proceeded to conquer Azeroth. Now the alternate-alternate Wrathion invades our Azeroth with his infinite Iron Hordes, wanting another world to his collection. After the crazy stuff of MoP 2.0 its time to come back to the roots, as warcraft wa always about orcs.... right?

- - - Updated - - -

If anything, Legion is more of a second WotLK for me. It has its flaws, but it's still good. WoD was definitely more analogous to TBC, where in both expansions you can literally -see- how little Blizzard gave a shit. The only difference being that TBC didn't need Blizzard giving a shit to be successful. WoD did.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I think it's only a matter of time before Kel'Thuzad returns and either controls Bolvar, or starts a war between the two.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    more like a cataclysm type expansion; remake every old zone lmao
    I hope we get another one soon. Preferably with the scaling level tech added to it so you can go from 1-100 without ever leaving Kali/EK. And it would get rid of all the Garrosh Warchief stuff that is outdated now

Arent u guys paying ANY attention to whats going on? Il'gynoth gives u a hint, so does odyn, so does star augur. Old gods are on the horizon and N'zoth will be released from his prison once the pillars of creation (5 keys) are used by the lord of ravens (Odyn). It will start as soon as we enter tomb of sargeras, there are Minions of the Old Gods that will be at work while we have to tend to the legion.

Il'Gynoth tells us our fighting him is a waste of time, as we serve the same master, we are literally doing exactly what N'Zoth wants in getting the pillars of creation.

As far as a new Lich King expansion, the threat is def still there. If u recall the visions of Yogg'Saron, there is an instance where Arthas is torturing Bolvar, there is some influence there by Yogg.

And do not forget, C'thun and Yogg are still very much alive.

Edit: Odyn isnt a good guy. He is the prime designate, but he did not agree w/ the dragon aspects becoming empowered by the titans. He actualy got angry, took part of ulduar and flew it up to the sky which is halls of valor. He killed helya and turned her into a val'kyr to steal souls to have them become his chosen warriors, she later banished him in his own realm, much in the same was she banished the elemental lords (she was a powerful sorceress)
    Last edited by Satelliteyears0o; 2017-02-03 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they were updating the Abomination model for the DK pet. Doubt they have any plans as an undead expansion for the next one. The next expansion seems like it's going to be focusing on the Old Gods and N'Zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    Edit: Odyn isnt a good guy. He is the prime designate, but he did not agree w/ the dragon aspects becoming empowered by the titans. He actualy got angry, took part of ulduar and flew it up to the sky which is halls of valor. He killed helya and turned her into a val'kyr to steal souls to have them become his chosen warriors, she later banished him in his own realm, much in the same was she banished the elemental lords (she was a powerful sorceress)
    An expansion focused on the Old Gods and Titan technology? Hell yes! Time for the Gnomes to lead the charge for a while. It would also be a great time to release the Tinker class.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-02-03 at 01:22 AM. Reason: To hell with auto correct!

Very unlikely.
    They said earlier in the expansion that they were looking to update all pet models, they are just doing what they said they would.
    Expecting to see Fire/Earth/Water Elementals soon.

I figured it was due to the talent that allows Death Knights to raise abominations, and that horrible Vanilla model looked awful to have follow you around.

At this rate we're only gonna have 3 expansion themes: Demons , undead and a filler one in between each of the previous to get everyone on board.

I mean I know some people dont like change but change is nice sometimes ?

10+ Year Old Account
    New Abominations Model = Ramstein gets a new model = Revamped Stratholme Dungeon

You heard it here first folks.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's about time they touched the "plaguelands" and scourge in quel thalas as well, multiple threads about that area here, and it's an intersting time if they would interconnect that into 1 continent and update major stuff like Stratholme and Silvermoon.

Going straight into an obvious "hehe you were away on argus, here is the Tentacle Old God party to welcome you back" is way too obvious, sure we have the setup already, for both N'zoth and Azshara/Naga.

Either way, I really hope the next expansion focuses on Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor, story can be anything non-legion, but I want a revamp with new world quest tech and better scaling for low level. The deathwing/garrosh story is way too outdated. Sure same can be said about Arthas in northrend/ Sha in pandaria or Legion/Illidan in Outland, but those 3 continents are not where our main cities are. I want to go back to using them instead of Neutral city again.

If anything Dalaran should return to its old place after Legion, and Suramar should become the leveling hub after legion (if they raise the level cap, people still gotta get 100-110 somehow :O but I doubt they will revamp that much.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-03 at 02:41 AM.