Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, we may disagree on the content of his speech but he still has the right to say it. Just like anyone from the left has the right to speak against it.

What is not cool is the violent way of disagreeing with his ability to give the speech. To set fires, destroy public property, and beat up on people who disagree with you? If this was a conservative group doing these things to a prominent Black Rights Matter activist trying to give a speech I have no doubt a lot of people would be flipping on this issue.

I don't think it's right on either side...

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    silencing free speech is one of the worst forms of fascism there is.
    Berkeley always touted itself as the epicenter of the free speech movement.

Now they break out into violent riots because a gay man wanted to come speak to them.

The times they are a changing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If I organized a protest of individuals for what we thought was worthwhile, and another group of individuals used the opportunity to do otherwise, that is not necessarily the cause of my protest. Nor would I and my company have control over such.
    You could speak against it.

The administrative powers at be could speak against it.

The media that favors your side could speak against it.

The party that shares your cause could speak against it.

But no everybody involved just stays on message and shutters responsibility because a belligerent militant group of people spewing bigotry is somehow vastly different from a belligerent militant group of people spewing bigotry where somebody throws a punch.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

silencing free speech is one of the worst forms of fascism there is.

it's a public university, he has the right to speak his opinions there. shutting it down is a loss for a free society.
    You only have free speech relative to your government. Protesting a speaker, movement, organization, idea, etc- does disallow that speaker, movement, organic, etc.

Circumstance led to the speaker's cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Sources? Or are you just going to generalize and white wash while there are actual human beings out there that think other human beings of a different skin color should be subjugated and intentionally disadvantaged?
    Those actual human beings are few and far between, and even among the legitimate "fascists" and "Nazis" you will find most of them want to be left the hell alone despite their racism. Radical leftist orgs are far more prevalent and rub shoulders with mainstream politicians and call the shots in academia. There is no comparison, what-so-fucking-ever, in their level of influence.

The fucking mayor of Berkeley:

Jesse Arreguin @JesseArreguin
    Using speech to silence marginalized communities and promote bigotry is unacceptable. Hate speech isn't welcome in our community.

Some dumb Twitter bitch pretending the rioters are victims of violence:
    Rebecca Cohen
    ‏@GynoStar
    I'm anti-violence but I will never place the responsibility for ending violence on those who are the victims of it.
    Handwaving away "collaborationist handwringing", IOW, endorsing violence
    Hal Duncan ‏@Hal_Duncan
    The response to collaborationist handwringing about violence is not "They started it." It's "This fucker's speeches are a *proven threat*."
    Aaaaaand the big douchebag pussy liberal extraordinaire, Arthur Chu:
    Arthur Chu ‏@arthur_affect
    So yeah idgaf abt some Milo-loving asshole getting maced, esp since it's up in the air whether she was even hit with real pepper spray
    Arthur Chu
    ‏@arthur_affect
    Arthur Chu Retweeted janey
    Come for the fascist coward wildly ducking the Q of what exactly she likes abt Milo's speeches. Stay for the ending where she gets maced

Guardian bitch making excuses for violence:

You only have free speech relative to your government. Protesting a speaker, movement, organization, idea, etc- does disallow that speaker, movement, organic, etc.

Circumstance led to the speaker's cancellation.
    protest of the speaker should be allowed.

but not shutting it down. that should NOT be allowed. this was wrong. you combat their views with your views, you DO NOT silence their views.

but not shutting it down. that should NOT be allowed. this was wrong. you combat their views with your views, you DO NOT silence their views.
    Circumstance shut down the event. Not protest.

Deleted
    Just because unfortunate actions occurred doesn't mean the act and spirit of protest against fascism is uninspiring.
    Yes and when everyone(even innocents) you disagree with you label a fascist you get to still feel good about your arm chair activism, whilst people are terrorized and beaten.

But hey when someone get's badly injured or worse you get to dismiss it as 'unfortunate' because you don't know them and you weren't there. You just clicked the like button and thought you made a difference in the world.

Here's good ol' Milo being such a white supremecist Nazi:

that's a lie and you know it. that's a damned lie.

the violence of the protestors shut it down. they were throwing barriers through the goddamned windows. of course the speech would be called off with real risk of serious injury.

The troll idol of the alt right did another stunt that all his fanboys will fall for. ''A grant for those poor persecuted white straight males''

In addition to the fact that for most of it's existence, the far right had been mostly about claiming that other whites were not really white (LOL, go tell to the actual Nazis venerated by the alt right that Americans with Polish or Italians ancestors were ''Aryan'', and see how fast they would kill you), the grants are for the fabulous (ZING) sum of 2500$....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Those actual human beings are few and far between, and even among the legitimate "fascists" and "Nazis" you will find most of them want to be left the hell alone despite their racism. Radical leftist orgs are far more prevalent and rub shoulders with mainstream politicians and call the shots in academia. There is no comparison, what-so-fucking-ever, in their level of influence.

The fucking mayor of Berkeley:

Some dumb Twitter bitch pretending the rioters are victims of violence:

Handwaving away "collaborationist handwringing", IOW, endorsing violence

Aaaaaand the big douchebag pussy liberal extraordinaire, Arthur Chu:

Guardian bitch making excuses for violence:
    Left alone being a code word for ''after importing them to the USA and fathering children with the ''maids'', we pure Southern Aryans feel threatened by Blacks that are not our possessions''

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The troll idol of the alt right did another stunt that all his fanboys will fall for. ''A grant for those poor persecuted white straight males''

In addition to the fact that for most of it's existence, the far right had been mostly about claiming that other whites were not really white (LOL, go tell to the actual Nazis venerated by the alt right that Americans with Polish or Italians ancestors were ''Aryan'', and see how fast they would kill you), the grants are for the fabulous (ZING) sum of 2500$....
    Have no idea what you're on about and I don't think you do either.

A 2500$ grant is not even enough to go to a fundie college in Alabama.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Have no idea what you're on about and I don't think you do either.
    Same, dont get what he is talking about.

Exactly, disagree with Milo? That's fine, you can assemble, and create an eco-chamber, protest about it. When things become hostile, and violent, and destruction of property starts to happen, then it's something completely different. These kids need to grow up, but I really see it as a symptom of the media just attacking anybody who's conservative, or agrees with Trump on some level. Milo, being a conservative gay man I think threatens them very much, because somehow it blows up some of their "progressive" ideas.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2017-02-02 at 08:26 PM.

That's so disingenuous, I saw the back of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sad how all the liberals can't peacefully protest something they disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Pretty sad how all the liberals can't peacefully protest something they disagree with.
    As opposed as peacefully forming the CSA and peacefully lynching blacks. Or peacefully shooting people in Québec this saturday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Agreed, we may disagree on the content of his speech but he still has the right to say it. Just like anyone from the left has the right to speak against it.

What is not cool is the violent way of disagreeing with his ability to give the speech. To set fires, destroy public property, and beat up on people who disagree with you? If this was a conservative group doing these things to a prominent Black Rights Matter activist trying to give a speech I have no doubt a lot of people would be flipping on this issue.

I don't think it's right on either side...
    sadly, as I've seen from a lot of authoritarian leftists, they don't seem to share that way of thinking, and believe using fists is the only method of speaking.

The sad part is how these far left violent protestors make the rest of the left look bad, when the far right media blankets all left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Case in point.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I'm waiting for people to start coming to these things armed. And when the protestors start throwing rocks, surrounding people, and setting things on fire, they'll get shot. I plan on attending an anti trump rally in 2 weeks and will peacefully observe. But I'll also be armed and if anyone tries to harm me for expressing an opinion, I'll defend myself in a legal manner.
    Ah yes, the good old plan ''if someone look threatening to me, I will shoot them in the head and will be hailed as a hero'' . As well as the nearly psychotic obsession ''If I have a big virile gun on me, I can make people shut up-I'm a good guy and they are bad guys, since I have a gun'') Or the touching illusion that one day, the alt-right will receive on Twitter the order to kill all ''non Aryans'' and liburals they see and be decorated as Sturmbanfhurer SS Crusader Spartan Superstud for their deeds.

A dude tried it in Quebec Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    sadly, as I've seen from a lot of authoritarian leftists, they don't seem to share that way of thinking, and believe using fists is the only method of speaking.

The sad part is how these far left violent protestors make the rest of the left look bad, when the far right media blankets all left.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point.
    Check on this thread how many people have explictly advocated for a civil war (in which, of course, they imagine that they are going to be given a big manly gun to kill ''liburals'' and be allowed to shoot any women that refuse to have sex with them)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-02-02 at 08:47 PM.

From one of the top referring websites to Hillary's campaign, so the #notallleftists stuff can take a hike:
    On the topic of Milo's event being cut short from violent protest, a very small sample:

good. anything to halt the cancer that is milo and the alt reich
    Good. Ban that troll from earth.
    They're resisting pretty hard, it looked like some of the protestors had makeshift riot shields. Hope everyone stays safe.
    Protest all the events, he shouldn't feel welcome anywhere.
    Good fuck him and his ilk
    lol this dipshit tried to speak at Cal? Hahaha fuck off.
    Good. These people don't deserve a platform.
    Only a matter of time before these nazis start getting handled in the streets. People are fucking pissed.
    Like Richard Spencer, Milo is a good candidate for a punch
    Good. Fuck Milo.
    Good. That stain can fuck right off.
    Great. There should still be zero tolerance for these guys outside of the holes they crawled out from.
    A punch to his face would be a cherry on top
    "Hate speech" is not protected under freedom of speech.
    We all have our limits.

Originally Posted by kevin1025
    That generator fire was nuts.
    Good on them for taking up arms and protesting, not so good on them taking it too far.
    Not too far. The alt-right needs to learn fear.

nah fuck that. the only thing these people know is violence. holding hands and singing isn't going to do shit.
    this anchor on the stream doesn't seem to connect the idea that the black bloc are most likely students too.

I was hoping I would have made it into the thread before the property safety commission got in formation but looks like I was too late.
    Good for those folk at UCB

I am so tired of seeing this sentiment everywhere, as if republicans wouldn't dehumanize, discredit and criticize people if we'd only just sit down and make sure we don't get upset. They create the fuel regardless of anyone's actions, if people wanna go out there and riot to defend themselves I'm not gonna stop them. I've gone past my limit for tolerance and understanding.
    Why hasn't someone punched him in the face yet?
    Originally Posted by 99nikniht
    I attend school here at Cal, I think Milo is a deplorable piece of shit that should crawl back into his hold as soon as humanly possible. However I have a huge problem with the protest breaking shit that will cost the school money that can go to different programs that students here need.
    Maybe schools should stop giving platforms to people who would be best friends with Hitler. Get that fucker out of there.

Invite incendiary hate mongers, get incendiary response.
    They should have punched him...multiple times
    Won't someone PLEASE think of the property!?!
    Can't handle the heat, huh.
    This happens enough times, schools won't want to let him on campus for fear of riots and property damage. Let him hold his own shitty private events. Make him and his terrible followers pay for it.
    Won't somebody please think of the moderates who could be sympathetic to white supremacists!
    Welcome to the left in 2017, ladies and gentlemen. Violence against "fascists" and "nazis" is acceptable, especially when everyone who doesn't agree with your views falls into those camps.

Either we go to war with these people or they're going to wreck the entire country.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-02 at 09:13 PM.