Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It is.
    Contrary to WoW, healers are not supposed to be fulltime healers and are expected to fill downtime with DPS.
    I like the design, it's totally cool.

What annoys me is the ration. < 20% heal and > 80 % DPS (which consists of mostly spamming one button if you are WHM) is just too much. I'd prefer a 60/40 split with mean mobs, where going into cleric at the wrong time might actually have dire consequences.

As a healer, Heavenswards leveling dungeons were far more challenging and entertaining compared to the endgame dungeons. IMHO, endgame dungeons should at least be on par in difficulty, if not higher up.
    HW leveling dungeons are pretty much spot on, imo (having run them as all 3 roles). Although pulling all the trash at the start of Sohm Al NM can lead to some spinchter-squeezing moments, even with proper cd usage to mitigate the crapload of damage.

Then again those dungeons have ilvl caps that are barely above what is available as drops from the dungeon, so there's no outgearing them by 20+ ilvls.

Hmm can s/o post a pic of the PvP set?
    No clue where the vendors are.
    Don't have the set yet, so I can only show the small preview version:

Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-02-02 at 07:00 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Aah so that's the set I keep seeing all the time. Thanks.

Aah so that's the set I keep seeing all the time. Thanks.
    The healer later 90's clubrat set is gonna be the staple for a while i think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre
    Hello, everyone~

We'd like to give you an update as we've been receiving a lot of requests globally for this.

As this is a long-term event, we want to ensure players have ample time to collect, as well as repurchase these items again.
    For this reason, there are currently no plans to make it so players can store these items in the armoire.

However, we do understand the request and want to make these items available after the collaborative event has concluded, so we're currently looking into making these items available via the Calamity Salvager.
    We're planning to implement this so players will be able to repurchase the Garo-related weapon, head, body, hands, legs, and feet equipment once they have obtained the achievement for obtaining the full gear set of the respective job.

With that said, since the belt and accessories are not part of the requirement for the achievement, you will not be able to repurchase them from the Calamity Salvager.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you enjoy the Garo collaboration for the rest of its duration!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4021293

Kinda would've rather seen them let us store those in the armoire...once I start accumulating those sets, I'll have to start tossing some stuff off my retainer that I have solely for glamour gear.

Just found out there was a trial to fight Odin that was released awhile back. I was definitely playing at the time so no clue how I missed it lol. Thank goodness for the Wondrous Tails book or I'd probably never have known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The healer later 90's clubrat set is gonna be the staple for a while i think
    It's a cool set, absolutely. I'd be tempted to torture myself with PvP for it, luckily it doesn't fit Ifalnas Character at all.

Deleted
    It's a cool set, absolutely. I'd be tempted to torture myself with PvP for it, luckily it doesn't fit Ifalnas Character at all.
    Ι mean... pvp isnt torture anymore though! Queues pop fast and you get showered in wolf marks even if you just do 1 frontline a day! Should be easy enough to get in a week of very very casual pvp

So are there any jobs you should avoid using in PvP? I want to say a while back people said not to go in as SMN because their burst was on such a long CD.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Ι mean... pvp isnt torture anymore though! Queues pop fast and you get showered in wolf marks even if you just do 1 frontline a day! Should be easy enough to get in a week of very very casual pvp
    Yeah there's no set party make-up so you can get stuck with all tanks, or 1 tank and 7 DPS or whatever so the queues pop very quickly. I've done it as all three specs and it's always "Less than 5 min" message with the actual queue popping less than 2-3 minutes in. Matches go pretty quickly in both Frontline and Feast, so if you do the Frontline roulette followed by a Feast round, you can easily get 2k wolf marks in less than 30 minutes. After that, using Feast you can pretty easily farm ~1500 marks an hour just by losing horribly in Feast, you'll get more if you win (assuming 8 minute matches with a 2 min queue time so ~6 matches per hour). It's just as quick as Lore farming, you get higher ilevel gear and IMO it looks WAY better than some of the Lore stuff available.

On another note: Physical Collectors Edition for Stormblood will be available from the SE Store for a little while right? Having to wait for next pay day to purchase it...will need to use methods that could piss off the wife if I have to buy it earlier because of an availability problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    On another note: Physical Collectors Edition for Stormblood will be available from the SE Store for a little while right? Having to wait for next pay day to purchase it...will need to use methods that could piss off the wife if I have to buy it earlier because of an availability problem.
    They'll charge the money for it closer to release date.

Yeah there's no set party make-up so you can get stuck with all tanks, or 1 tank and 7 DPS or whatever so the queues pop very quickly. I've done it as all three specs and it's always "Less than 5 min" message with the actual queue popping less than 2-3 minutes in. Matches go pretty quickly in both Frontline and Feast, so if you do the Frontline roulette followed by a Feast round, you can easily get 2k wolf marks in less than 30 minutes. After that, using Feast you can pretty easily farm ~1500 marks an hour just by losing horribly in Feast, you'll get more if you win (assuming 8 minute matches with a 2 min queue time so ~6 matches per hour). It's just as quick as Lore farming, you get higher ilevel gear and IMO it looks WAY better than some of the Lore stuff available.

I think it's in the store now vut they don't debit you until a few days before shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I think it's in the store now vut they don't debit you until a few days before shipping.
    Good to know! thanks =)

As Anzaman noted, my experience has been they charge your credit card around 2 weeks at the most before release day as the order starts preparing for shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    The torture may not be the queue time so much as having the shit beat out of you repeatedly if you're new to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The torture may not be the queue time so much as having the shit beat out of you repeatedly if you're new to pvp.

So you put this on, have some drinks and a laugh.

so just unlocked the tails story book thing and it's basically gambling?

that's cool I guess?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so just unlocked the tails story book thing and it's basically gambling?

that's cool I guess?
    Yep, it's SE trollfacing you week by week with bullshit RNG. TBH, unless you're just that desperate for the currencies(or want the cheevs tied to it), I wouldn't bother. Trying to get the SC points and complete the goals just felt like a giant waste of time compared to how I could get them in much faster, more efficient ways.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yep, it's SE trollfacing you week by week with bullshit RNG. TBH, unless you're just that desperate for the currencies(or want the cheevs tied to it), I wouldn't bother. Trying to get the SC points and complete the goals just felt like a giant waste of time compared to how I could get them in much faster, more efficient ways.
    I just thought the 1000 lore would be nice
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.