Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    "Professional" reviews don't mean anything. They are just paid to show high ratings, especially from big companies. Look at user reviews instead.
    Like I said. Whenever I see IGN now my mind just goes right back to the Ruby and Sapphire remakes review and then I remember to avoid IGN like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Like I said. Whenever I see IGN now my mind just goes right back to the Ruby and Sapphire remakes review and then I remember to avoid IGN like the plague.
    I've never put any faith in a group of reviewers that use a 1-10 scale and never seem to rate anything a 1 or 2. Some games are worthy of 9s or 10s but on the flip side some games are such garbage they are worthy of a 1 or 2. When the reviewers mostly hover in the 6-10 range they are useless to me.

When wow first came out i was absolutely overwhelmed. I had never played a game like that in my life. Over a decade of playing the same game(with very major breaks throughout of course) has burnt me out on it. I'll probably never have that experience with a video game ever again, certainly not an mmo. So i wouldn't say classic wow was better, it was just new and shiny and fresh back then.
    Last edited by Kpmk; 2017-02-02 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Coincidence. I was referring to the thread title: "What made classic wow better than current".

I didn't address you, mention your post, nor quote you. I see the stem of confusion though. I didn't even realize I posted after you until you mentioned it, right now.
    Well, glad we cleared that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well, glad we cleared that up.
    Apologies. Definitely can be confusing. It's why I always like to deal in quotes/mentions :P
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

What made classic wow better than current?

- It was new and fresh.

The feeling of doing everything for the first time. Getting your first mount, Level 40 and then finally Level 60 which took frickin forever since 1g was like considered alot of gold. Leveling to 60 took forever, at least for me. I thought I would never get to level 60 and finally raid.

Current WoW is all about instant gratification like someone said. "I want it now, Now, NOW." Getting gear took work. Then later on it was FREE EPICS FOR EVERYONE.
    Last edited by chaarrllee3000; 2017-02-02 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was a different game.

Vanilla was about exploration, cooperation, social interaction, roleplaying, and to a lesser extent gear.

Legion, and arguably most earlier expansions, are about pulling the lever and receiving your reward.

Im a cata baby, so I personally loved the cata xpac. Everything about it was just amazing to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I don't think that they did know what they were getting themselves into. I think they were incredibly naive and completely misjudged the seriousness of re-opening their private server. It is likely that they had had discussions with Blizzard legal team but I doubt there has been discussion with Blizzard.
    If they had discussions with Blizzards legal team, then it accomplished nothing. As far as I know, they don't run the servers. They never have. They simply gave their core. But getting into this they knew at some point Blizzard's legal team would contact them about this. Did they get a super serious legal letter from Blizzard? Afraid they were going to be exported to USA to trial like Kim Dotcom? And on top of it, keep it a secret or Blizzards legal team won't use lubrication?

None of this makes sense if it were a legal threat.

Vanilla. 7/10
    TBC. 8/10
    Wrath of the Lich King. 9/10 <----
    Cata 6/10
    MoP. 9.5/10
    WoD 4/10
    Legion 8/10
    Rating expansions by numbers is, stupid. Every expansion had at least something good about it, but at the same time they had something bad about it. They're technically an evolution of the game. For me the problem was when the good didn't out weigh the bad, and this started around WOTLK. As much as people want to harp on how great WOTLK was, it did have a lot of flaws. More so than previous expansions. Which started a trend for the game that I believe was an overall decline.

TBC had miserable problems with hybrids and specs.
    WOTLK was short on new raids. Shorter than WoD. Naxx wasn't new, and Coliseum wasn't a raid.
    Cata introduced us to LFR and no new continents to explore.
    MoP wasn't anything new. Just a lot of meh. It was a meh expansion.
    WoD was the content consumption expansion. Blizzard just couldn't feed us the content faster than we consumed it.
    Legion I never played so, can't say.

nostalgia 100%

nothing made it better, if the game was as it was back 12 years ago we would have maybe 200k subs left. and thats a high guesstimate

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    WOTLK was short on new raids. Shorter than WoD. Naxx wasn't new, and Coliseum wasn't a raid.
    I just wanted to point this out: it kind of was a new raid, for many people.

If they had discussions with Blizzards legal team, then it accomplished nothing. As far as I know, they don't run the servers. They never have. They simply gave their core. But getting into this they knew at some point Blizzard's legal team would contact them about this. Did they get a super serious legal letter from Blizzard? Afraid they were going to be exported to USA to trial like Kim Dotcom? And on top of it, keep it a secret or Blizzards legal team won't use lubrication?

None of this makes sense if it were a legal threat.

Rating expansions by numbers is, stupid. Every expansion had at least something good about it, but at the same time they had something bad about it. They're technically an evolution of the game. For me the problem was when the good didn't out weigh the bad, and this started around WOTLK. As much as people want to harp on how great WOTLK was, it did have a lot of flaws. More so than previous expansions. Which started a trend for the game that I believe was an overall decline.

TBC had miserable problems with hybrids and specs.
    Cata introduced us to LFR and no new continents to explore.
    MoP wasn't anything new. Just a lot of meh. It was a meh expansion.
    WoD was the content consumption expansion. Blizzard just couldn't feed us the content faster than we consumed it.
    Legion I never played so, can't say.
    I'll rate them how I want to rate them thanks. That's the whole reason I said it was MY OPINION. Shocker I know. Don't like how I rate them well can't really help you with that.

And yeah MoP was my favorite and I gave my reasons/opinions on why I enjoyed it. It managed to hook me into content I previously disliked, It had decent stories in a lot of the lore and Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar remain 2 of my most favorite raids of all time.

Also Wrath had Ulduar, ICC, EoE, Obsidian Sanctum, Ruby Sanctum, Trial of the Crusader and Vault of Archavon so it had plenty of new raids. Only 2 that were revamped were Naxx and Onyxia. It doesn't matter if you think Trial of the Crusader wasn't a raid fact is it was a raid and a tier for that matter. Yeah it was a shit one and so was Dragon Soul. So I wouldn't call 7 new raids "short on new raids".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-03 at 04:11 AM.

Vanilla didn't had those retarded legiondaries, which basically (can) make your character (if you play class dependent from oranges) useless on raids. This may be also issue with raid leaders demanding everyone to do dps like retribution paladin (with right items), where I cannot blame them as some bosses require good dps. But really this sucks so hard that I cannot even dream about mythic as I don't have right legiondaries = low dps = no tier items/bis trinkets = low dps = no mythic raiding -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Vanilla didn't had those retarded legiondaries, which basically (can) make your character (if you play class dependent from oranges) useless on raids. This may be also issue with raid leaders demanding everyone to do dps like retribution paladin (with right items), where I cannot blame them as some bosses require good dps. But really this sucks so hard that I cannot even dream about mythic as I don't have right legiondaries = low dps = no tier items/bis trinkets = low dps = no mythic raiding -_-
    Well Nighthold isn't optimized around owning Legendaries so that is one awful raid leader. Yes people should probably have some by now for progression but they are in no way required for it. I have heard rumors of Tomb of Sargeras possibly being optimized around legendaries but well just a rumor.

Also if lack of gear is causing your DPS issue then have a word with people who handle loot if you use a system that is. Otherwise deal with it. We all have to wait on BIS drops. Hell I remember waiting months to get my Sha touched weapon back in MoP. In the end I had to settle for a 483 version with the gem.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-03 at 04:20 AM.

Well Nighthold isn't optimized around owning Legendaries so that is one awful raid leader. Yes people should probably have some by now for progression but they are in no way required for it. I have heard rumors of Tomb of Sargeras possibly being optimized around legendaries but well just a rumor.

Also if lack of gear is causing your DPS issue then have a word with people who handle loot if you use a system that is. Otherwise deal with it. We all have to wait on BIS drops. Hell I remember waiting months to get my Sha touched weapon back in MoP. In the end I had to settle for a 483 version with the gem.
    Yeah raid leader is just bad - they tunnel gear to people that already top dps meter (which have little sense in my opinion as I have better apm than those players).

And about retarded legiondaries - I have three, one that I'm not using is "havoc cloak" as destro is absolutely awful even after buffs, two I have equipped are "shield neck" and "doomguard +15% dmg" (which have been nerfed 2 days after it dropped for me -_-). In meantime people with "kazzak belt" and "dreadstalkers shoulders" do good (but not amazing) dps, and people with "Unstable Arcanocrystal" piss me off even more, as I did not saw that world boss for month or more ...

I will skip nighthold as I don't see reason to keep playing warlock for getting questions "why your dps is so low" or "why you cannot switch targets faster"(I blame pets which do not switch targets). I will probably level DH and have some fun with it ...

Oh and another thing that suck major ass in legion are 5man mythics+ which I personally despise. I really hope that new raid do not mean that m+ gear ilvl will go up - I just want to not do them anymore as I have them imprinted in my head more than others dungeons (for sure I did more m/m+ in legion than I did hc in mop and wod combined). This is already boring as fuck ...

Oh and AP farm is really bad - playing as destro warlock I was quite good on beginning of Legion, but after nerf all AP I put in the artifact were wasted. AP should really be split or added to all weapons ...
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-02-03 at 04:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Rating expansions by numbers is, stupid. Every expansion had at least something good about it, but at the same time they had something bad about it.
    Please go on. Tell him how to form his opinion on using a 1-10 scale on the expansions. And you crab about people complaining about things in Vanilla being nostalgia and opinion based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla had those retarded specs, which basically make your character pigeonholed into a role. If you are not allowed to DPS as Feral in legion because you don't have lufa wraps or something ridiculous like that - well, you can get them (or change guild ASAP, because it's a sinking ship) eventually (and until anyone called me out on that - you don't need it to be competitive with semi-hardcore raiders, and if you are hardcore raider - you should have bunch of 110s to pick from already), but in vanilla your best only chance to get into a raid was to respec to resto.

And to answer your personal problem - you can't dream about mythic because you are bad at playing WoW (i'm not talking about only pressing buttons, but about being communicative with guild/raid leader and about ability to prove your worth), not because you don't have legendaries. Legendaries do not affect your performance that much for you to be booted out of raid because of them. Every single case here on MMO champion of players claiming that "they do 400k DPS but get kicked from heroic progression because lack of legendaries" were debunked and it turned out that OP was bullshitting forum and underperformed heavilty
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-02-03 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Blizzard said a while ago that they were tuning NH around expecting each person to have 1 legendary. I don't know if they changed their mind on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    And about retarded legiondaries - I have three, one that I'm not using is "havoc cloak" as destro is absolutely awful even after buffs, two I have equipped are "shield neck" and "doomguard +15% dmg" (which have been nerfed 2 days after it dropped for me -_-). In meantime people with "kazzak belt" and "dreadstalkers shoulders" do good (but not amazing) dps, and people with "Unstable Arcanocrystal" piss me off even more, as I did not saw that world boss for month or more ...

I will skip nighthold as I don't see reason to keep playing warlock for getting questions "why your dps is so low" or "why you cannot switch targets faster"(I blame pets which do not switch targets). I will probably level DH and have some fun with it ...

Oh and AP farm is really bad - playing as destro warlock I was quite good on beginning of Legion, but after nerf all AP I put in the artifact were wasted. AP should really be split or added to all weapons ...
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but wreak havoc talent has great synergy with your cloak, especially at 1+ targets, which is common in nighthold. It's far from a "bad legendary", mostly, because it's a 940 ilvl piece that gives you fuckton of stats compared to 860 piece that you could possible have instead.

So, you complain about have much, exactly DPS difference? 60k? 40k? Any other negligible amount? Or are we talking about 200k DPS difference, which have nothing to do with legendaries granted ilvl is relatively same.

You foolishly funneling all your AP into one artifact is your problem. Good players spread AP out on all artifacts to get most important (those that affect performance way more than others) perks, then funneled everything in currently best artifact. Got 35 perks into one - get 35 perks into another one, so you won't get fucked over by surprise nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    Blizzard said a while ago that they were tuning NH around expecting each person to have 1 legendary. I don't know if they changed their mind on that.
    read "each person to have 1 legendary" as "each person has at least 1 940 item".
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.